DDP Saidaioujou & Knuckles Hack?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Dexa

DDP Saidaioujou & Knuckles Hack?

Post by Dexa »

Just saw the YT video of the hack.

does anyone know who released it?
looks ... interesting :awe:
Last edited by Dexa on January 6th, 2022, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: DDP Saidaioujou & Knuckles Hack?

Post by nem »

0000.png
0001.png

:lol:

The link in the Youtube description is fine. It comes with an emulator (which I didn't use), but you can drop the rom (renamed to dfkbl) in any recent Mame and it will work. Launch the game from command prompt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Great way to start the runup to Christmas! :awe:

Just had a quick blast, plays very nicely on the latest build of MAME. Shame they didn't change the annoying voices. :D
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

So they changed some graphics to hello kitty and garfield? Is there more to it?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

arcnl wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 10:46 am So they changed some graphics to hello kitty and garfield? Is there more to it?
Don't think so. It's just the loli graphics replaced.
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

Now this is fun. :lol:
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

Memelords & lolipervs ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dexa

Post by Dexa »

unknuckled version is coming in april btw :awe:
I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY, LOOK FORWARD TO 04/20/22 FOR A FUN BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

- CAVEDWELLERS
Garegga21
eBay: Ketsuipachi
Initials: W3

Post by Garegga21 »

This is cursed
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

love :awe:

sven666

Post by sven666 »

..the 420 reference is actually a coincidence if anyone picked up on that. :roll:

I doubt cave staff are heavy potheads..
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

yosai wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 10:34 am Great way to start the runup to Christmas! :awe:

Just had a quick blast, plays very nicely on the latest build of MAME. Shame they didn't change the annoying voices. :D
Cool hack but more importantly, Saidaioujou is in mame now??? Time to build a Groovyrig once more?
yosai
Windy City

Post by yosai »

Not officially, you'll need to rename the SDOJ zip file to DFK to get it running.
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

yosai wrote: December 8th, 2021, 3:33 pm Not officially, you'll need to rename the SDOJ zip file to DFK to get it running.
Good to know :awe:
How does DFK play in Mame now? Been a fair few years since I had groovy set up?
skate323k137
Please Continue...
eBay: quizknows

Re: Akai Katana EXA Label

Post by skate323k137 »

SuperPang wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 6:00 pm I have no problem with discussion on the subject of SDOJ and AK being removed from MAME by the license holders. I'm sure Shou fully expected some fallout from that, but for goodness sake, can people behave like adults and keep it civil please. I see AP have already had to lock a thread on the subject.
The thread was actually pretty civil when it got locked. I was simply trying to point out that buying a ROM doesn't give you legal standing to sue an emulator developer in the way the cease and desist was written.

MAME chose to remove support as a courtesy, not because EXA had any legal standing for their demand. I respect MAME's decision to do so, but Shoutime deserves to be dragged for the way he went about it IMO.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say on it.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I don't really understand why you'd need akai katana removed from mame. It's not the exa version but the sh3 version thats not been sold for like 10 years already. As Exa is marketed as something for operators, i'm fairly sure no operator will be running a mame setup with akai katana so no cannibalized sales there. Even as a home user, it's not like i'd think "oh shoot akai katana is removed from mame let's order the exa kit" so the likelyhood it would have mattered in sales there is very unlikely.
People even remotely interested will just roll their own build with akai katana re-added like what people did when the cv1k driver was first added. And it's a very very niche audience as it is of which a lot seem either annoyed or baffled. Also i'm not sure what the need for all the ballsy legal language is. Mame devs seem pretty reasonable and probably would have just removed it with a simple request instead of a lawyered up request around newyears-eve.
yosai
Windy City

Post by yosai »

It's a strange move. When the proper SDOJ dump is released there will be plenty of unofficial builds that support both games
VxD
eBay: virtualxdriver
Initials: VxD

Post by VxD »

You’d be surprised at how many locations just slap MAME and its latest ROM pack as-is into a cabinet and call it a day. Removing the games from the official list will put a dent in that particular use case.
For the tech-savvy home user though? It does not matter whatsoever: the ROM is floating around and is fully playable with minimal fiddling, so I have a hard time understanding what the fuss is about.

The people screaming bloody murder about “legal standing”, copyright law and how “hypocritical” this whole situation is are most likely not in the clear about downloading and playing the ROM either. Probably the same bunch of people who see no issue playing hacked APM3 games because “they wouldn’t have access to it anyway” or some other mental gymnastics.
It goes both ways.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

VxD wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 11:37 pm You’d be surprised at how many locations just slap MAME and its latest ROM pack as-is into a cabinet and call it a day. Removing the games from the official list will put a dent in that particular use case.
I would be surprised, but lets say its a common thing; how many of those setups would think "ouch no akai katana? Lets ditch the mame setup and order an exa kit for 4k"?
sven666

Post by sven666 »

None.

You cant litigate a mame/piracy problem away even I know that.

Id say it was inevitable, im honestly more surprised by how slow progress has seemed on pirating cave stuff, its 2022 I was fully expecting there to be chinese sh3 multihacks all over ebay by now??

Its a mixed blessing, free downloads are hurting sales while added exposure is helping sales, if were talking ports you can proboably take it on the chin but when your medium is several thousands I understand theres cause for concern. I still think the route shou is starting to find is a better one tho, with hardware superiority and a sense of high exclusivity, keep the focus on what you can control id say..