Accuracy of ‘Multi’ solutions…?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
arcnl

Re: Accuracy of ‘Multi’ solutions…?

Post by arcnl »

Lack of selfcontrol has nothing to do with accuracy, which the topic was about. Also if you think spending thousands of dollars on some old pcb's is a good idea just because you can't control yourself when you load up a rom i'd say: you go girl! :lol:
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

arcnl wrote: August 26th, 2021, 8:57 pm Lack of selfcontrol has nothing to do with accuracy, which the topic was about.
Fair point!!

Still seems that certain solutions, the Darksoft CPSII included are arcade accurate, and would be cheaper (and probably more reliable) than buying the half a dozen games I’d like.
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

If you're going for a Multi, then there isn't anything better than Darksoft if available (for that system).
titchgamer
Please Continue...
eBay: titchgamer
Initials: TCH

Post by titchgamer »

I have a few flash carts and Mister as well as a collection of original games across various hardware's.

Mister is IMO the best emulation solution out there atm, For the most part (core dependant obv) it seems pretty good but can still have some input lag which is inevitable.
I saw a great side by side of the Neo Geo core on Mister against a actual MVS and they were identical, Everything seemed cycle perfect.
Of course not all cores will be that good but thats the video that made my mind up about buying one when I did.

But thats not really the point of this...

So Multis, I have a few some I play regular and some I dont.

But the 2 I do play regularly is my Neo SD and a Mega Everdrive.
I cant tell any difference between playing a game I own or via the multi carts so in my mind they are both pretty accurate.

The ones I dont play on so much I cant say I have ever noticed issues.
LarsVegas
eBay: Larschance
Initials: LSV

Post by LarsVegas »

I played conversions and darksoft multi. Both is totally the same as og PCB.. The question is, what do you want? I play emulation with fightcade. It's a really great option to play against other opponents world wide, even though it's not accurate. Guwange on xbox360 is faster then the PCB, less lag, but the people are complaining it's more difficult. Choose what makes more fun! GG Strive online has lag, but it's better then play 1P arcade mode. Sometimes we are talking about 1 or 2 frames delay. You can 1CC with this delay. If you want to make a world record, go OG. No one complained about European 50Hz version back in the days.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

LarsVegas wrote: October 30th, 2021, 3:06 am I played conversions and darksoft multi. Both is totally the same as og PCB.. The question is, what do you want? I play emulation with fightcade. It's a really great option to play against other opponents world wide, even though it's not accurate. Guwange on xbox360 is faster then the PCB, less lag, but the people are complaining it's more difficult. Choose what makes more fun! GG Strive online has lag, but it's better then play 1P arcade mode. Sometimes we are talking about 1 or 2 frames delay. You can 1CC with this delay. If you want to make a world record, go OG. No one complained about European 50Hz version back in the days.
50Hz vs 60Hz, They did complain in the UK, if you were to read game magazines like Superplay, Edge or Arcade they were always ranting on about PAL vs NTSC, in my local town Bath we had a couple of import stores selling USA Super Nintendo and Neo Geo consoles and games and the shops were always packed!

A new USA Super Nintendo was £99 with Scart lead and power supply.

Or you could buy a PAL SNES in WH Smith’s for about the same price.