Aka & Blue Type R

Coin-operated games and arcades.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: Aka & Blue Type R

Post by SuperPang »

Exa boxes are several microns thicker than CV1000 boxes. Unacceptable.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

nem wrote: July 6th, 2020, 11:38 am Sure, I wouldn't trust the guy that has 30+ bil on the game either.

Also, you don't know how a Time Sleuth or Leo Bodnar work. You can't test input lag in a game with them. They're just for display lag.

I'm pretty sure we were on point, because exA first party devs have taken the issue very seriously. I'm positive both Gimmick and SDOJ exA Label will perform really well. AtB is what it is.

Anyway, I'm done on this matter. Please continue discussing cardboard quality. It seems to be this forum's area of expertise.
I'm sorry if you interpreted my comments as a personal attack. That wasn't the intent.

I'm well aware how the Time Sleuth and the Leo Bodnar lag testers work. I'm well aware that they measure display lag. Notice that I also mentioned using "LEDs"; I should've been clearer on that point. What people typically do is use a CRT + LEDs wired to controllers to set a baseline for input delay, then go on to test various digital/LCD displays with the same LED-wired-to-controller device.

As they say: trust, but verify. It's entirely possible (likely?) you're right on the money, but I would like to see someone perform objective assessments, given the varying claims being tossed around regarding this hardware and its software. Cheers.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Version 1.2 announced, two days after I got mine back :palm:

Input lag fix!
Minor graphical improvements and bug fixes
Firebird rebalanced

https://t.co/Axg4CJYbFI?amp=1
About "Ver. 1.2.0"

Mr. Fujioka has explained the contents of the update, so I will post it as it is.

Improved input latency

By updating the exA-Arcadia motherboard to the latest IO library and accompanying optimizations, we are now approaching the limit of the JVS standard of less than 2 frames of input delay.

In Japan, it was the only launch title released on exA-Arcadia, and due to the adoption of a general-purpose game engine, we received harsh opinions, but we produced the ideal measurement result. We are delighted with the exA-Arcadia development team for their cooperation. We are confident that after this update, your anxiety and dissatisfaction with the operation feel will be resolved.

Some graphic updates

Since this part contains parts that cannot be visually confirmed, we will avoid disclosing the details, but we have updated some graphics so that the difference between the versions can be seen at a glance.

Fixed minor bugs

We have fixed some of the apparent defects we found. These are small details such as the position and orientation of the effect and do not affect the gameplay.

Adjusting balance

Originally, Firebird adjusted based on the instantaneous maximum firepower when approaching and pursuing an enemy aircraft immediately after firing B.O.M.B. Perhaps because of that, I think it was perceived as having a significantly lower attack power than the Blue Owl. Therefore, by reviewing the balance of both machines, we made readjustments in the form of upward revision to make it easier to play. This adjustment does not reduce the difficulty level, but only improves the play feel.
Still, a pleasant surprise. Back in stock on the website too.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

@Shou , should we send our Aka carts back before SDOJ ships?
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

:lol:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Wait, what? It has input lag?

GET OUT
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

SuperPang wrote: November 26th, 2020, 1:18 pm Version 1.2 announced, two days after I got mine back :palm:
Buy another.

1.0 & 1.1 will be a collectors items, etc. :awe:
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

I'm still waiting on my A&B to even be shipped (I ordered it last month with a motherboard). Was meaning to drop exA a message to check how much longer it might be...but I'll definitely check whether I'll be receiving the 1.2 version too (fingers crossed).
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

Grinning Cat wrote: November 26th, 2020, 5:53 pm I'm still waiting on my A&B to even be shipped (I ordered it last month with a motherboard). Was meaning to drop exA a message to check how much longer it might be...but I'll definitely check whether I'll be receiving the 1.2 version too (fingers crossed).
Don't worry, it will come in Ver. 1.2.0.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

yosai wrote: November 26th, 2020, 5:22 pm
SuperPang wrote: November 26th, 2020, 1:18 pm Version 1.2 announced, two days after I got mine back :palm:
Buy another.

1.0 & 1.1 will be a collectors items, etc. :awe:
:lol: I‘m sure he will
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

Nomax wrote: November 26th, 2020, 9:07 pm
Grinning Cat wrote: November 26th, 2020, 5:53 pm I'm still waiting on my A&B to even be shipped (I ordered it last month with a motherboard). Was meaning to drop exA a message to check how much longer it might be...but I'll definitely check whether I'll be receiving the 1.2 version too (fingers crossed).
Don't worry, it will come in Ver. 1.2.0.
Awesome - that's good to know 8-)
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

Damn, that's... a little frustrating. Maybe Shou can comp you for the update. :problem:
RandomRetro
Please Continue...
eBay: carnick10
Initials: RNR

Post by RandomRetro »

kazuo wrote: November 27th, 2020, 8:44 pm
Damn, that's... a little frustrating. Maybe Shou can comp you for the update. :problem:
Updates are free; sans shipping things to exA. Not terrible, but yeah stinks if you just got things updated. I also suspect that exA may not have been aware of the 1.2 timing and patch drop for A&B. Would be interesting to know...
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

It'd be surprising if it came out of the blue (pun not intended)... I guess shipping it over to Singapore or wherever can't be that bad for that tiny little SSD. And you probably (?) wouldn't have to send the entire PCB back, so maybe it doesn't matter. :awe:
trap15
Please Continue...
eBay: trap0xf
Initials: TRP

Post by trap15 »

Yes, the timing was uncertain, unfortunately. You can ship it to the same place it was shipped before, and all that needs sending in is the cartridge; no need for the motherboard.
Daifukkat.su Blog | Twitter
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go
EOJ
eBay: NA

Post by EOJ »

4k fun

Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

EOJ wrote: November 28th, 2020, 9:14 am 4k fun
Poor Noir HD Cabinet... :cry:
ArcadeSTG

Post by ArcadeSTG »

:problem:
A piece of Akihabara in your Home?
http://akihabarainhome.com
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

Another one for your collection:

drboom
eBay: devilscoot
Initials: DRB

Post by drboom »

Just got my ver. 1.2 Aka To Blue running in my Vewlix cab and I can’t feel any lag. Feels just like Ketsui or DDP on my CRT cab to me! Don’t have a ton of time with it yet and I haven’t played any of the earlier versions, so you can take this with a grain of salt. Off to play some credits!