Aka & Blue Type R

Coin-operated games and arcades.
RandomRetro
Please Continue...
eBay: carnick10
Initials: RNR

Re: Aka & Blue Type R

Post by RandomRetro »

@SuperPang maybe a shot in the dark, but have you done a hard reset on the exA unit post update? I had an issue with another exA game and had to do this to resolve the issue after receiving the updated cart.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

StarCreator wrote: March 10th, 2021, 5:19 am Does it affect any other exA titles?
As I mentioned, Akyrios wiped my scores and settings once. Shikhondo didn't save scores at launch and was promptly patched. Sometimes Infinos doesn't save a new high score (that's on a different motherboard). The hardware is pretty robust but there seems to be something to do with saving to the motherboard that causes bugs that catch some developers out.
RandomRetro wrote: March 10th, 2021, 6:55 am have you done a hard reset on the exA unit post update?
Thanks. I can try that as a last resort I suppose but presumably that wipes scores for the other games as well? Besides, this has happened on two different motherboards and two different game revisions, and I'm not the only one it happens to (although seemingly the only one it annoys).

I am trying with Free Play off at the motherboard and cart setting now. The fact that this doesn't happen in arcades does point to Free Play being the issue.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

SuperPang wrote: March 10th, 2021, 12:26 pm
StarCreator wrote: March 10th, 2021, 5:19 am Does it affect any other exA titles?
As I mentioned, Akyrios wiped my scores and settings once. Shikhondo didn't save scores at launch and was promptly patched. Sometimes Infinos doesn't save a new high score (that's on a different motherboard). The hardware is pretty robust but there seems to be something to do with saving to the motherboard that causes bugs that catch some developers out.
RandomRetro wrote: March 10th, 2021, 6:55 am have you done a hard reset on the exA unit post update?
Thanks. I can try that as a last resort I suppose but presumably that wipes scores for the other games as well? Besides, this has happened on two different motherboards and two different game revisions, and I'm not the only one it happens to (although seemingly the only one it annoys).

I am trying with Free Play off at the motherboard and cart setting now. The fact that this doesn't happen in arcades does point to Free Play being the issue.
Just like with any game system, if there is a loss of power while the game is saving then there is a chance data will be lost so we need to identify at what point this is happening.
It would be really helpful to know where you are pulling the plug on Aka & Blue Type-R. Is it after a game session and it is in attract? During the test menu?

Coin settings will have nothing to do with this bug. We have heard from one other collector who has encountered this bug so we are gathering data on how to reproduce it.
To date, Tanoshimasu is unable to recreate the bug.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Shou wrote: March 11th, 2021, 10:40 am Coin settings will have nothing to do with this bug. We have heard from one other collector who has encountered this bug so we are gathering data on how to reproduce it.
To date, Tanoshimasu is unable to recreate the bug.
Good to hear they're looking into it. IIRC, this only happened to me once with 1.1. Zak, nem and one or two others have experienced the same thing. I think we concluded I must have switched off the cab at the score entry screen. Since then, I always left it a minute or two before powering down and it didn't happen again. Same procedure with 1.2 but it has reset twice in a short time. Is it possible that 1.2 takes a bit longer to save data for some reason? I will get into the habit of leaving all of my Exa games running in attract for a few minutes before power down to make sure data isn't being saved. If that's all it is, I can certainly live with it. Thanks.
drboom
eBay: devilscoot
Initials: DRB

Post by drboom »

I’ll post up here that the same thing happened to me with the 1.2.0 rev. I also have my cab set to free play. After it happened twice, I now exit out to the Exa cart section screen and shut down and I have not had any issues since.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

My scores from Aka 2 Blue just got wiped. I got a message about the i/o being bad, it wasn't; when I restarted everything worked fine but all the scores were back to default.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

radiantsvgun wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:51 pm My scores from Aka 2 Blue just got wiped. I got a message about the i/o being bad, it wasn't; when I restarted everything worked fine but all the scores were back to default.
What settings have you changed from default and can you remember when you turned it off?
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

SuperPang wrote: March 17th, 2021, 11:56 am
radiantsvgun wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:51 pm My scores from Aka 2 Blue just got wiped. I got a message about the i/o being bad, it wasn't; when I restarted everything worked fine but all the scores were back to default.
What settings have you changed from default and can you remember when you turned it off?
I didn't change any settings other than the language to English. What I mean by reset, I did a hard power reset.
zazi77

Post by zazi77 »

Is it true that the game will be discontinued?
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Everything eventually gets discontinued.
zazi77

Post by zazi77 »

yes, but I mean will be discontinued SOON
Dache

Post by Dache »

I believe Shou said earlier in this thread that there won't be another AtB production run at Tanoshimasu's request, so once the current batch has sold out, that's it.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I had to look it up. Shou wrote that in September of last year, 7 months ago:

viewtopic.php?p=533449#p533449

Afterwards Tanoshimasu released the 1.2.0 update and it's been out of stock and back in again at least two times?

It's not a bad sales tactic to get fence sitters to pull the trigger on a purchase ;)
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Well, I just managed to reset my AtB 1.2.0 back to factory defaults somehow (without going in to the service menu). Goodbye highscores. Fortunately, no-one really plays the thing, so not too bothered.
buffi

Post by buffi »

nem wrote: June 13th, 2021, 2:26 pm Well, I just managed to reset my AtB 1.2.0 back to factory defaults somehow (without going in to the service menu). Goodbye highscores. Fortunately, no-one really plays the thing, so not too bothered.
I hit this this week as well. Not a huge deal for me either, but was weird.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Did either of you power off shortly after entering a high score? I had hoped my issues had just been from underestimating how long it takes to save to the motherboard.
buffi

Post by buffi »

SuperPang wrote: June 19th, 2021, 6:29 pm Did either of you power off shortly after entering a high score? I had hoped my issues had just been from underestimating how long it takes to save to the motherboard.
I think I powered off during highscore entry (as in, when the typing window was open)
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

buffi wrote: June 19th, 2021, 7:59 pm
I think I powered off during highscore entry (as in, when the typing window was open)
That’s probably why.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Mine wasn't it in the high score entry. I started a game, killed myself, mashed buttons on the continue screen, then power cycled the hardware.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

nem wrote: June 20th, 2021, 10:56 am Mine wasn't it in the high score entry. I started a game, killed myself, mashed buttons on the continue screen, then power cycled the hardware.
I think it may still be saving... something at that point. I've been leaving it well into attract mode before powering down to be sure.