Aka & Blue Type R

Coin-operated games and arcades.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Re: Aka & Blue Type R

Post by yosai »

fp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

SuperPang wrote: February 24th, 2020, 5:13 pm Would be interesting to hear if zak rage quits a lot :D
Haha! :lol:

Long day at work, then home to a time sponge baby. I end up playing at 10/11pm these days. I get tired and turn it off randomly.

Almost got the Stage 2 boss pattern down though.

While they're bug fixing, can they also add an optional easy mode for casual play? :oops:
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

haha ,I thought they where branching out into soups or something when i saw it .Had no idea what it was :lolno:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

It looks like a different log, title screen and a few extra sprites but it's a cool promotional idea. :awe:
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

Would love to have a flyer of that :awe: .
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I can get to the stage 4 midboss so far. What a game.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

SuperPang wrote: March 14th, 2020, 3:41 pm I can get to the stage 4 midboss so far. What a game.
Are you enjoying it ? :)
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Rocco wrote: March 15th, 2020, 12:24 am
SuperPang wrote: March 14th, 2020, 3:41 pm I can get to the stage 4 midboss so far. What a game.
Are you enjoying it ? :)

Oh evil :lol:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Rocco wrote: March 15th, 2020, 12:24 am Are you enjoying it ? :)
In the same masochistic way I enjoy SDOJ :D

It's a superb game and should continue to well in Japan for some time, if Covid-19 doesn't finish arcades off first that is.

I don't think I'd change much (other than the score/settings bug obvs). The characters are massively imbalanced, but to the point where it must be deliberate for some reason. There are peaks and troughs if difficulty that could maybe be ironed out but generally it's a really smart system that rewards growing a pair and choosing when to bomb for maximum score rather than for survival. For scrubs like me, the difficulty is pretty much all in the bosses. I'm bombing my way through stages 3 and 4 like a coward. The scoring system is extremely dynamic but, trillions? Really Tanoshimasu?
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Thanks for the feedback :awe:
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

Damn!

I finally broke stage 3 and thought I was making rapid progress.
drboom
eBay: devilscoot
Initials: DRB

Post by drboom »

Has there been any talk of lag reduction in an updated rom or anything? I'm super interested in this game, especially since I bought a Vewlix FC just for the EXA hardware and have been wary because of all the lag talk (maybe more on other forums than here but whatever). Also not sure if its a huge issue - I know a few people here have the board/cart for Aka to Blue, so I'd be interested in a real world take if Superpang or someone can tell me about it.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

drboom wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:36 pm Has there been any talk of lag reduction in an updated rom or anything? I'm super interested in this game, especially since I bought a Vewlix FC just for the EXA hardware and have been wary because of all the lag talk (maybe more on other forums than here but whatever). Also not sure if its a huge issue - I know a few people here have the board/cart for Aka to Blue, so I'd be interested in a real world take if Superpang or someone can tell me about it.
Shou's team have measured it at 4 frames using their setup and M2's test method, that's the same as Garegga. Nem reckons it's more like 5/6 depending on the setup. It's not a hardware issue, Exa can do 2 frames (?) I think and there are games coming out that will attest to that. From what I've read, lag will not be an issue for SDOJ Exa.

Do I notice the lag on my Dia Black? Nope. I find it as responsive as any other shmup. That doesn't mean it's not there of course and if Tanoshimasu somehow patched it out (seems unlikely), maybe I'd notice and see stage 5.

The game is superb.
drboom
eBay: devilscoot
Initials: DRB

Post by drboom »

Thanks for the quick reply, my man. I am super stoked to try it so I might just pick it up shortly (maybe along with Gimmick!) and get the ball rolling over here. And I am beyond stoked for SDOJ EXA. My set up should narrow down the lag to that 4 frames so that's totally doable, at least for me.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

drboom wrote: May 14th, 2020, 8:41 pmMy set up should narrow down the lag to that 4 frames so that's totally doable
There's no way of getting this game running sub 5 frames. I don't know why Shou is so adamant on saying otherwise. It performs worse than Garegga, the same as SDOJ on 360.
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

Spent some more time with it She’s a looker and plays great

Re:input lag. Have you tried on a new diamond black with a Taito I/o or a Sega I/o? What did they read?
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

nem wrote: May 15th, 2020, 1:22 pm
drboom wrote: May 14th, 2020, 8:41 pmMy set up should narrow down the lag to that 4 frames so that's totally doable
s
There's no way of getting this game running sub 5 frames. I don't know why Shou is so adamant on saying otherwise. It performs worse than Garegga, the same as SDOJ on 360.
Garegga is the best shmup ever made . Wash your teeth before speak about it :D
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

It'd be really helpful to see some objective tests of input lag with Aka & Blue, e.g. with a time sleuth, high-speed camera + LEDs + dual LCD+CRT output, and so on. No data = just claims at the end of the day.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Sure, I wouldn't trust the guy that has 30+ bil on the game either.

Also, you don't know how a Time Sleuth or Leo Bodnar work. You can't test input lag in a game with them. They're just for display lag.

I'm pretty sure we were on point, because exA first party devs have taken the issue very seriously. I'm positive both Gimmick and SDOJ exA Label will perform really well. AtB is what it is.

Anyway, I'm done on this matter. Please continue discussing cardboard quality. It seems to be this forum's area of expertise.