Best version of Pandoras box

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Soundwave

Best version of Pandoras box

Post by Soundwave »

Hi all,

Not sure if this belongs here or not but can anyone recommend the best version of the Pandoras Box?

I keep looking at consolised ones & each version seems to have so many new additions but just wondered from peoples experience how they stack up with each revision

Is it worth just getting the latest or are the older ones just as good?

Thanks

Neil
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Re: Best version of Pandoras box

Post by copados33 »

6 is the best as it has a Quad Core CPU, it can run Mortal Combats, Nba Jam and Rampage WT, you can't do that on previous versions, but overall they are a screen tearing fest.
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Neil

I have 5 , it does the job for me. Am not worried about sound issues or certain games, just a quick blast here and there. It was £35 :lol:

One thing to note , these are chamma not jamma , so you will need to rewire if you are running jamma wiring
LupinTheThird
Please Continue...
eBay: guymelfe

Post by LupinTheThird »

The others like 9s are bootlegs of a bootleg and supposedly run poorly. If you want "official" it is the one sold on aliexpress through the 3AGames store front. Even most on amazon/ebay are not theirs.
GeddonArchon
Please Continue...
eBay: tecleary
Initials: ged

Post by GeddonArchon »

I have played a few and hated them. Any slow down or screen tear annoys me to no end.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

I've heard the 4 (not the 4s) is supposed to be the best of the bunch. Least compatibility issues and best performance. Haven't heard a lot about the newer ones.
GeddonArchon
Please Continue...
eBay: tecleary
Initials: ged

Post by GeddonArchon »

From my experience they suck. If a game doesn’t play right it annoys me to no end. I’m actually surprised they still haven’t figured it out but thankfully we have mist and now mister to get people working on getting something as close as possible to the original games. Groovymame setup properly is great too. I just can’t do any less but for what they cost, if you can live without perfection go for it.
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

A raspberry PI 4 will be just as good and you can tweak it and run other emulators.

I have a Pandora-6 and for the £40 it cost me it works well enough - but playing some of the games is annoying due to screen-tear, juddering, slowdowns and odd sound.

You almost need a list of "Duff" games so you can switch them off in the menu so only the decent ones are selectable.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Pandora Box is a real waste