Arcooda - Australia's porfolio of modern arcade machines

Coin-operated games and arcades.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Arcooda - Australia's porfolio of modern arcade machines

Post by MrJBRPG »

A few days ago, I have searched about for modern arcade cabinets, and through some internet forum or so, I came across Arcooda, known for its fish machines, and then discovered it has various arcade-like cabinets for home and commercial units.

https://www.arcooda.com/

While they do have pinball, videmption machines, and arcade cabinets with home console plugins, I noticed one line of products that strikes me out: Game Wizard. Those are arcade cabinets that can play home console and PC games with high quality joysticks and buttons. The one particular product that strikes me most is the Game Wizard Xtreme Coin Op Edition, that does support arcade hardware and pcbs, whether old or new ones.

https://www.arcooda.com/our-machines/ga ... d-edition/

One of the distinct features is that operators can allow time limits on play per credit for home consoles. The caveat is that players require accounts for their particular platform to play on the machines to stay legitimate. Games built with insert coin, such as arcade motherboards and pcbs do not have to require timers. I am most impressed that it is essentially a 2 player evolution of the Veiwlix arcade cabinet (the majority i've seen from round one are 1 player only cabinets for head to head games) with more buttons and trackball controllers (looks like 2 trackball controllers per player). As of now, the orientation of the cabinet is only horizontal (no vertical orientation yet).

Have you ever got your hands on those machines? Fi so or not, feel free to discuss about the Arcooda product lines.
arcnl

Re: Arcooda - Australia's porfolio of modern arcade machines

Post by arcnl »

I guess the burning question is will exa arcadia fit inside? How will it handle 4 player games will it link? Will exa consider developing 6p games for the 6p cabinet??? So many questions, time to start mailing!
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

:lol:

The control panels are a thing of beauty.
xtreme-coinop-splash.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

:spam:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

arcnl wrote: April 16th, 2019, 6:17 am I guess the burning question is will exa arcadia fit inside? How will it handle 4 player games will it link? Will exa consider developing 6p games for the 6p cabinet??? So many questions, time to start mailing!
For questions in regards to Exa Arcadia, please post in the Exa Arcadia thread or use the contact page on the Exa Arcadia website. You can ask Arcooda about cabinet link-up if you want through the contact page.

As for the Arcooda game wizard series, I do imagine it would be easy enough to link up machines like any other arcade cabinet, such as the modern Japanese arcade cabinets with 1 vs 1 head to head style. The Exa Arcadia motherboard is smaller than other modern or past hardware so it should fit nicely inside the Game Wizard and Video Pinball units.

Apparently, I have discovered that Arcooda has modular control panels for both the game wizard and video pinball machines so that it can play various kinds of games, including arcade boards. The Game Wizard supports horizontal orientation while the pinball machines support vertical orientation for board and horizontal for title attract screen, albeit can be slightly awkward looking down on a flat screen board for extended period of time, despite arcade gaming on cocktail cabinets have existed since the near beginning.

You can check out all the detail about the Video Pinball machine below as well as the rest of the products.
https://www.arcooda.com/our-machines/ar ... o-pinball/

Also proof that the video pinball supports modular controls:

Obviously supports 2 players with joystick and 8 buttons on video pinball machine and has 2 monitors for multiple types of games. The video breakdown shows it all:

SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Probably best not to waste Shou's time with questions specific to some (shall we politely say "quirky") Vewlix clone.
arcnl wrote: April 16th, 2019, 6:17 am will exa arcadia fit inside?
Easily.
arcnl wrote: April 16th, 2019, 6:17 am How will it handle 4 player games will it link?
Same as any other cab.
arcnl wrote: April 16th, 2019, 6:17 am Will exa consider developing 6p games for the 6p cabinet???
No.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Arpooda
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

I'm not knocking the product or company, but Is it not just a cewlix (Chinese vewlix clone) with a different control panel to cunningly disguise it?
"Please contact the local attendant"
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

We are drifting into the ****, I see it coming.

All hail to the BS.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Exleb
Please Continue...
eBay: Donthaveone

Post by Exleb »

This just looks like a game wizard cab made by highway tbh
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

MrJBRPG wrote: April 16th, 2019, 3:03 pm
Also proof that the video pinball supports modular controls:
I'm honestly surprised i haven't seen someone else do this before, and thats not because its a good idea. how many 16:9 vert games are there?

glws