Xeno Crisis - Bitmap Bureau (MVS)

Coin-operated games and arcades.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Xeno Crisis - Bitmap Bureau (MVS)

Post by nem »

BB will be offering a free repair service, apparently covering 'all' postage costs:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1676714319 ... ts/3331960

Also, they're working on new Neo games, including something called Final Vendetta (beat'em up likely?).
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Well it looks good that they are finding a Eu and us based solution.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

nem wrote: October 16th, 2021, 1:00 pm I folded and just paid tax on the thing.

I'm currently running the game on a 4-slot MVS on a Neo 29. The game uses the full 320px wide resolution, which bothers the heck out of me because all the other three games I have installed are 304px (I think). So now I have black bars in three games.

There's a stereo bug in the game. Initially I thought it wouldn't play the right channel at all having read about the issue before hand, however, it is there, but some of the sounds have audible static. Also, I don't think the stereo separation actually works. Fixing this bug apparently means you have to return the game back to BB. With Brexit, that's super annoying. I wish the cart came with a card slot like Kraut Buster.

There's four different button layouts that you can change in the test menu. Standard layout (Stick 1) is

A: Roll when moving
B: Shoot
C: Grenade
D: Knife

This seemed unintuitive to me. I switched to Pad 2 which has shoot on A and roll on B, but then I realized you can change your firing direction by pressing other buttons while firing -- which only makes sense if you have the fire button in the middle of two buttons. So with the standard layout, you hold B to shoot, and then press A to rotate left, C to rotate right. Standard layout it is then, I'll just have to learn how to play it.

Stage 1 boss is kicking my ****. My game was set to Hard, I guess that's the default setting.
The game is awesome but fell short on its control scheme. Melee attack should've been automatic as long as you're pressing shoot (metal slug style) and the roll animation should always have top priority and cancel any other input (such as shooting) now you have to stop shooting and then initiate roll, which is an emergency maneuver with invincibility frames.

The audio bug/setting whatever issue just leaves another sour taste.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I threw a dozen credits in to it. I think the default control scheme is OK, except for one really big flaw in my mind. Grenades are on C which makes them impossible to aim and therefore useless. If they were on D, you could more easily use them for crowd control / whenever you run out of ammo.

The first two bosses are huge bullet sponges, like overly so. I was going to turn down the difficulty, but there's only two options, HARD and EASY :lol:

I love the graphics. Henk & co did an amazing job on them.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

I know people aren’t happy, but honestly I don’t think they could have handled this any better??

Reflash with free shipping, any issues with VAT and they’ll provide you with all the documents you ask, swift action to rectify the problems and an apology…

Well played BB. I’m actually tempted to buy the cart now rather than wait for the cheaper ROM, just to support the dev.

Plus, assuming that ‘Final Vendetta’ is a brawler which must have ‘Final Fight’ and ‘Vendetta’ influences, I’m now hyped for something new!!

Good times.

(I’ll be double sad when it turns out to be a cutesy puzzle game :lolno: )
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I would be all over a cutesy puzzle game.

ChrisBEANS wrote: October 19th, 2021, 2:26 pmany issues with VAT and they’ll provide you with all the documents you ask

Except I never received any. Did someone here get something from them?
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

I got a document very quickly, within a few hours.

Sure, they have handled it brilliantly....but they're in...you know, THAT country. :problem:

Could as well have been china. :palm:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Aha, I guess I'll ask again. Thanks
Chris

Post by Chris »

Quick question, has everyone here who pre-ordered gotten their AES / MVS carts delivered yet? I ordered the AES cart two years ago. Haven't received anything so far.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

I got mine yesterday although im not sure if they patched the fix or not. 1st level boss needs to be made comparable to the rest of level 1 difficulty. Funny how you have to order arts separately though. Was this the case with snk back in the dayz?
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

I'm looking forward to the little fix availability in a bit. I wonder who the US side of things is doing the repairs? I know of some good people that are capable of that work.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Been waiting over a month for the update but still no reply from the creators. Put the game up at Mikado for play.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Saw this on another forum…

The ROM is available to purchase now:-

https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/collectio ... m-download

I’ve bought it, but not had the chance to try it out yet…
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

picked the mvs of this up as well , going to give it a whirl over the xmas. it looks nice anyway ! :lol:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Mannion
Initials: ACE

Post by Mannion »

I actually sold my AES collection to buy my cab and mister setup.

Going to pick up the mvs rom of this. I think the idea of not only finally owning a cab but also being able to run brand new arcade games in it so easily is amazing.

Personally a good run/love affair with the Neo Geo from 1997-2021 but I'm now much more a gamer than a collector, so feel BB have handled this great by taking care of the physical copy buyers first, then later making the rom available for purchase. Honestly would be willing to pay more for the rom if it funds dev of more new arcade games like this.

I hope there are many more digital releases like this from BB and others.
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

Shou wrote: November 28th, 2021, 9:12 pm Been waiting over a month for the update but still no reply from the creators. Put the game up at Mikado for play.
They posted an update with a "how to" fix it yourself. I was hoping for more information on where to easily send them (we purchased 3 or 4- the costs/time adds up quickly for something that might possibly be offered for free soon).Waiting around for a green light on a fix is tough lol.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

battlesmurf wrote: January 9th, 2022, 7:22 pm
Shou wrote: November 28th, 2021, 9:12 pm Been waiting over a month for the update but still no reply from the creators. Put the game up at Mikado for play.
They posted an update with a "how to" fix it yourself. I was hoping for more information on where to easily send them (we purchased 3 or 4- the costs/time adds up quickly for something that might possibly be offered for free soon).Waiting around for a green light on a fix is tough lol.
It's here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ts/3381330
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Nomax wrote: January 9th, 2022, 11:01 pmIt's here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ts/3381330

Wow, this slipped by me completely.

The Xilinx USB programmer is like 30 euros, so not too bad. I might try with a Pi, since I already have one of those on hand.

Thanks!
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

It's frustrating :roll: , BB sent regular communication to customers thru email until the game shipped and then nothing;

The stereo sound issue has not been directly communicated.

I contacted them and they did acknowledge the point. :)
"Please contact the local attendant"
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

jimmerd wrote: January 15th, 2022, 1:29 pm It's frustrating :roll: , BB sent regular communication to customers thru email until the game shipped and then nothing;

The stereo sound issue has not been directly communicated.

I contacted them and they did acknowledge the point. :)
I asked them where to ship the 4 we ordered, no comms yet. I might just break down and get them done, but I was hoping for more comms from those fellas.