JST order website japan

Coin-operated games and arcades.
glstar

Re: JST order website japan

Post by glstar »

nem wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 12:33 pm
glstar wrote: February 1st, 2019, 7:57 pmI'm having some problems with my crimper in crimping JST NH pins….
Basically i crimp them and they are perfect like Always, but the are a bit larger at the end, so when i try to push them inside the housing, i cannot.
I'm doing a 5 pin video connector and only 2 wires are in, while the Others i cannot.
What wire gauge are you using? 20AWG is fine for video.

I've only had this problem when trying to fit two wires per contact. In this case I usually make a short adapter. JST NH on one end and a larger connector like JST EL (if you want to keep to JST) or Mate N Lok (which is common in older Sega cabinets) on the other.
don’t know how much is but i always use that cable for signal and i’ve never problems with bigger connectors like mate’n’lok for example
but i always have this type of problems with so ti u connectors.
now i order an hozan p-707 since i will need to crimp alot of JST NH for my sega model adapters.
i see a video on youtube where same things happen with tiny connectors using a generic crimper tool...
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

My guess is that if the die on your crimp tool isn't small enough it won't properly form the cable strain part of the contact. If the contact is not formed small enough it won't fit inside the housing.

IIRC for the NH I used the 1.7L die for the wire and 1.7H for the insulation. Once you've crimped a contact, if required you can always reduce the size slightly by crimping the contact again with a smaller die.
glstar

Post by glstar »

FrancoB wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 12:57 pm My guess is that if the die on your crimp tool isn't small enough it won't properly form the cable strain part of the contact. If the contact is not formed small enough it won't fit inside the housing.

IIRC for the NH I used the 1.7L die for the wire and 1.7H for the insulation. Once you've crimped a contact, if required you can always reduce the size slightly by crimping the contact again with a smaller die.
i used the small crimping hole i have on my crimper
i’ll try to reduce it in same way
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

The smallest die on your current crimp tool is too large. You'll not have that issue with the 706/707.
erzane
Not Made In Japan
eBay: Gab79

Post by erzane »

glstar: just log yourself in on the japanese page and the website will be in english after that. I did the same and it worked fine.
Arcade's nice when done well
glstar

Post by glstar »

FrancoB wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 1:09 pm The smallest die on your current crimp tool is too large. You'll not have that issue with the 706/707.
Yes i think so too….
Now i have to wait the 707 to arrive…..
erzane wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 1:21 am glstar: just log yourself in on the japanese page and the website will be in english after that. I did the same and it worked fine.

Thanks.
I'll try to register myself in the Japanese website then….
Anyway they don't have listed the 25 pin of the NH connectors i need for the Sega Models……. :(
erzane
Not Made In Japan
eBay: Gab79

Post by erzane »

JSTshop have them: just write B25P (header) or h25p (housing), or SHF-001T (28-22awg contacts).
About housing: it's written ''order after lead time confirmation'': this means they have small qty stock but you've to get through this step to order. Once they got your items, you'll be notified by email.
Arcade's nice when done well
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

glstar wrote: February 4th, 2019, 2:54 pm Anyway they don't have listed the 25 pin of the NH connectors i need for the Sega Models……. :(
Have you seen my post?
glstar

Post by glstar »

erzane wrote: February 6th, 2019, 7:31 am JSTshop have them: just write B25P (header) or h25p (housing), or SHF-001T (28-22awg contacts).
About housing: it's written ''order after lead time confirmation'': this means they have small qty stock but you've to get through this step to order. Once they got your items, you'll be notified by email.
Thank you.
I jusst tried to register and i manage to, but Always with it i cannot have the English Language choice.
I also tried adding my address data but it only gaves me the possibility to add a Japanise address….
Now i sent them an email asking for support.
Let's see...
:)
PrincessPrinPrin wrote: February 6th, 2019, 12:54 pm
glstar wrote: February 4th, 2019, 2:54 pm Anyway they don't have listed the 25 pin of the NH connectors i need for the Sega Models……. :(
Have you seen my post?
Oh yes i just see.
But if i try to register with them too, it only accepts Spain based account… :(