Acrobat Mission (new rapid setting)

Coin-operated games and arcades.
erzane
Not Made In Japan
eBay: Gab79

Acrobat Mission (new rapid setting)

Post by erzane »

I play this game since I'm 12. It can be anoying compared to others but this game have a few good ideas and a very, very very big shot (when increased to its max), including two enormous beams which gives a great entertainement. Gameplay is also nice but imperfect. When you lost all your weapons during the last stage, or in front of a powerfull boss, your basic shot turns into weak and heavy, that's why I boosted the gameplay with a new shot. A shot allows me to make the weakest shot more powerfull with a faster frequence (60/sec). At this speed, beam isn't available anymore, that's why I added another A shot with a native speed, linked to the rapid fire, only to charge the beam. Also, the max shot is impressive since its size, the 60/sec rapid increases the visual effect.

With this small rapid, you can choose between five frequences (from 10 to 60/sec) with an easy mapping system based on pushing the button of your choice linked to the selection wire each time you want to increase the speed. Once you choosed your input frequency, you just have to disconnect that wire and play. Only entering into the test menu will cancel your new setting.
Arcade's nice when done well
Sunder
eBay: sunderaj82
Initials: SUN

Re: Acrobat Mission (new rapid setting)

Post by Sunder »

Well you went ahead and did it. Now place a Tatami mat underneath that.
system11

Post by system11 »

Nice to see someone else likes this game - I got it as a birthday present a year or two ago.
Random blog of stuff:
http://blog.system11.org
erzane
Not Made In Japan
eBay: Gab79

Post by erzane »

Sunder> I'm planing tu buy a long hairy silk carpet 8-)

System11> Acrobat was the most played in my childhood. There was a coffee near the school, with my friend we played on it every day during 3 years, steeling money by everyway to collect enough credits to finish it. What impressed me was the enourmous shots, never seen so big shots before, beams are also amazing. This game is very good, maybe unfinished but so nice to me, one of my favorite.
Arcade's nice when done well
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

UPL is one of my favourite game companies. I wonder if this was developed by NMK, IIRC, they did some games for UPL as well as Jaleco.