Just one more go!

Coin-operated games and arcades.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Just one more go!

Post by zak »

I often find myself sifting through my PCB shelf trying to decide what I should play in the evening.
Being spoilt for choice and having a larger selection than I used to, it has become harder and harder to choose what to play in the limited time I have these days.

Arcade games in general have been my go to games over the last few years. I haven't purchased a next gen game since October last year (Mario Odyssey).
The length of (most) arcade games suits me perfectly at the moment.

Given the predicament I face above, I will often turn on all my cabs and play each game for a short period of time and move on to the next.
However....there is always that time sink bast*rd of a game with the "JUST ONE MORE GO" factor. 20 minutes turn into 3 hour marathon sessions of playing the same game OVER AND OVER again.

I am now addicted to Mr Driller G. I turned it on at 11pm last night and went to bed at 2am.
I went to work groggy as heck. I was functioning on auto pilot, but made it through the day (thinking of Susumu-san, coloured blocks and oxygen capsules).

What is your current coin guzzling crack folks? :shifty:
trev1976

Re: Just one more go!

Post by trev1976 »

I'm playing strider atm and I still can't get enough of ST on fightcade.

Play both most nights atm and like you I don't really play modern games now, my last was mario odyssey too (which was pure gold btw)
Last edited by trev1976 on June 19th, 2018, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Time Pilot is like a drug to me, especially playing it for score.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

I'd like to visit Strider (and Cannon Dancer) again.

I have a friend who is obsessed with Time Pilot!

Expecting more people in the JAMMA crack den :awe:
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Ibara and bombjack are my crack every game gets the usual extra go but these drive me mad , its usually happens as i sit down to play 2-3 credits ,get a good* score and next credit fail terribly and so it spirals , its all down hill from there and as we know you cant walk away satisfied with doing worse or not even equalling that 1st /2 credit !

*good* is **** in general and nothing to actually brag about in my case :oops:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

I will always plateau at some level and can't progress further, wich leads to a endless cycle of "on more time" without getting better at a game. Happens with every game I play. Last time it was the Wario stage in 6 golden coins that took me hours without progress. A day later i managed to clear it.

What i want to say is like gestrig when the first run sucks it hardly gets better and i should change the game.
landisama
eBay: cameliacomicfan
Initials: AND

Post by landisama »

Street Fighter 2 for me (all versions). I never get tired of those games.
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

Right now Im starting up Ibara every night telling myself "only a few minutes to try that new scoring tactic out" ....3 hours later.... :awe: