What is the rarest game that have you found at a old arcade rental paying few money?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
danmaku
eBay: kyok1977

What is the rarest game that have you found at a old arcade rental paying few money?

Post by danmaku »

:) :) :)

truxton 2
toypop
ghouls n ghost us
dogyuun
Layer

Re: What is the rarest game that have you found at a old arcade rental paying few money?

Post by Layer »

Victory Road aka Ikari Warriors 2 original PCB bought from an eBay arcade seller for $26 as untested. In fact, it was working flawlessly. I still have it working fine.
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Re: What is the rarest game that have you found at a old arcade rental paying few money?

Post by geosnow »

We had many Toaplan games in Switzerland so I found Snow bros, Truxton, Truxton 2, Vimana, Grind Stormer, Flying Shark, Fixeight, Outzone in a range of 50-150.
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

I bought Raiden DX (albeit the crappy China revision with **** music) for €5 from an operator a few years ago.
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

R-type at nearly $10 usd, the most beaten up/played m72 board you will ever see, caius fixed it for me, thanks Fab!

Makaimura C version ( the easiest/ fairest one), the owner was about to trash all the internals from a Section Z Romstar woodie, he asked me to give him 12 happ buttons in exchance for " the game board only, if you want the rest its $500usd".

Pulstar Mvs, $15 usd on Mercadolibre.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

ha 5 quid is good no matter what
Nothing really maybe willow that I got that wasn't working for 50 ,
It only needed the a,b,c boards to be replaced!!!! :lol:
only joking, mainly just the a board

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Wurstkopp
Mister Dick Statue
eBay: nachmittagsprogramm
Initials: NIK

Post by Wurstkopp »

Original Vulcan Venture in a woodie for 1 Euro.
cthulhu
eBay: cthulhu_nl
Initials: RIP

Post by cthulhu »

Not quite rare, but I bought an Asterix for €20 including shipping. Other than that a couple of good deals but not extremely cheap.
My Arcade games

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

Bought Mushihimesama for $50 in a dusty shop.
Not that rare but a good deal, the large Cap was off so the game didnt boot, soldered it back on and it was all dandy.
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

I bought DDP DOJ BL brand new kit with rolled poster over the counter at G-front for JPY120K.. makes me all warm inside still to this day when i think about it.. it was 12 years ago!!
rancor
Stool Packer
eBay: rancor
Initials: JCT

Post by rancor »

I bought 3 NOS / never used Ibara full kits from G-Front back in 2013 or so for $300 each. I kept one, sold one to system11 for $300, and another to burgerkingdiamond for the same.

I also got an Egret 2 cab for free from an old Korean lady who was tired of running an arcade.
EOJ
eBay: NA

Post by EOJ »

rancor wrote:I bought 3 NOS / never used Ibara full kits from G-Front back in 2013 or so for $300 each. I kept one, sold one to system11 for $300, and another to burgerkingdiamond for the same.

I bought one for around that price from Fujita. I remember selling it a bit later (because I wasn't a big fan of the game) for the same price and thinking, as I was packing it up, "I think this is going to be worth a lot more than $300 some day." :lol:

I saw them for as cheap as 20,000 yen (brand new) as they were closing out the last kits in Japan.

I bought a Pink Sweets and Muchi Muchi Pork PCB from YAJ in 2008-09 for 40,000 yen each. That was a pretty good deal. I should have kept one of them!
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
Joe T.

Post by Joe T. »

rancor wrote:I bought 3 NOS / never used Ibara full kits from G-Front back in 2013 or so for $300 each. I kept one, sold one to system11 for $300, and another to burgerkingdiamond for the same.
This is more like reminiscing on the old days of affordable arcade games...

I also bought my Ibara kit brand new a few years earlier than that for under $300. Traded the box and art for a Dragon Blaze and still have the Ibara PCB. I got my Batrider kit for $100, then sold the box for $100 and kept the board. I think I also paid $300 combined for Battle Garegga and Battle Bakraid. Those 4 boards are some of my earliest pcb purchases that I'll likely never sell.

I can recall ordering a Dodonpachi pcb from Cosmic for $150 and they asked me if I'd like more than one :lol:. I have since bought and sold that game numerous times. One I really regret selling is Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon. I picked it up for $150 and sold it to a friend for the same. I doubt he's even plugged it in once, but he'll never sell it back to me. Found Dangun Feveron once for $130, Deathsmiles from Bill Burger for $200, Batsugun for $175, and sold all three like an idiot....I'm sure like many others here I could go on and on.

My girlfriend gives me the major eye roll every time I talk about all the pcbs that I've bought super cheap, sold, and now wish I could afford to buy again. The moral of these stories is horde everything, even at the cost of your social health and well being. ;)