Osaka for a few days......

Coin-operated games and arcades.
swisstoni
eBay: Keith.Beesting

Osaka for a few days......

Post by swisstoni »

I will be in Osaka for a few days in May. Could anyone please recommend any retro arcades worth visiting in the area. Also I plan on visiting Super Potato but heard its on the expensive side, can anyone recommend any other retro shops that maybe worth a visit. Many thanks
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Re: Osaka for a few days......

Post by jugemscloud »

the majority of things gamewise are entered around denden town, much like akihabara in tokyo but nowhere near as creepy or spoiled by tourists, i was only there for 2 days so didn't see much outside that but i don't think there is anything great bar maybe singular outliers but I'm not aware of anything specifically. there is a really huge bookoff/hardoff not too far from denden, its in the middle of the covered mall thing that run straight north from there. osaka is quite a linear city in its layout so its not to hard to find things.

the mandrake in osaka is intense way better than the one in aki if you like to dig for treasure (toys) factor in at least 2 hours especially if model kits are your thing :shifty:

the riverside island walk that splits the city is nice to do very ghost in the shell but without the invasive advertisements or traffic on the river.

there was a craft beer and gyoza place that i went to that was somewhere in between Tenjinbashisuji and Ogiumachi stations IIRC! (left side of the street if tenji is to your back right if ogi is, probably nearer ogi as well) that i would recommend as all the gyoza was hand prepared to order. i picked up a craft beer map/flyer in that place of osaka that i used and used it to find a lot of really nice bars if i find it ill post a photo or scan of it
richmal
eBay: rich28red
Initials: MAL

Post by richmal »

http://royalgamecenter.com/

I went here in 2016.Looks like its still there when I checked on google.Candy cabs galore :awe:
swisstoni
eBay: Keith.Beesting

Post by swisstoni »

Thanks guys much appreciated going shortly looking forward to it.
pezstarr
Please Continue...
eBay: gfry2170
Initials: GEZ

Post by pezstarr »

I know it's too late for your trip but on the subject of Osaka me and my son found this arcade that time forgot near Namba on the weekend.. completely deserted, no staff, and a selection of old Irem, SNK, Jaleco and Sega cabs. The place smelled like an old sock. We spent a few hundred yen on AVsP and Tetris.. Stepping in there from the crowded streets of Namba was like going through a timewarp. It was brilliant :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.