popcorn.gif

pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Re: Billy Mitchell's a cheat.

Post by pubjoe »

arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Looks like a bunch of used car salesmen to me.
g60hot
Please Continue...
eBay: recycle-squad

Post by g60hot »

I'll be honest I can't help liking the guy, he's a personality that does what he wants, must get sooo much **** but keeps on trucking being who he is relentless.

It's like Armstrong... I grew up watching that guy and thought he was incredible...was very disappointed when he came clean about being a cheat but still can't take away what he achieved and his relentless focus, I still kinda admire him!!

(awaits the abuse) :lol:
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

lol who cares if he played on mame or a genuine pcb. The guy has proven himself over and over to be a genuine power player of classic games no matter where or what he's playing.

I think he deserves the title and the records.
ChurchOfSolipsism
eBay: knowledge-is-power-arm-yoursel

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Despite being a proven cheater? Where's the logic in that? No one ever disputed the fact that he is ridiulously good, the problem is that he's a lyer.
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Post by Braintrash »

aerobert wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 10:12 am lol who cares if he played on mame or a genuine pcb
The fact that MAME emulation can be easily cheated and also (at the time of the Mitchell's records, at least) the fadct the emulation wasn't accurate (is it fixed now?) is a major concern.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Has anyone that’s deeply familiar with emulator development actually commented on the recordings? Like, could a board repaired with a replaced video chip or rom produce the same result?

I still think it’s entirely possible (not probable) that he played on emulation or a bootleg without realising it. That scoring comparison table that someone drew up wasn’t outrageously luck heavy, and it would be if he’d save-stated through it. Billy once said something like “Mame?! I’ve never even played on a PC” - it’s impossible to tell if he’s self aware or not of the ignorance in that reply. That’s the great thing about the Deny Everything defence I guess. You don’t have to think of excuses, leave them for other people to imagine, just don’t say anything that might void one.

Either way though he’s running with it and taking everyone for fools. He obviously recorded plays in advance to stage fake live events. He and his mates have had a great time creating drama and bullshitting their bumchum bubble into worldwide fame.

He’s become a fantastic character. Everyone’s feeding it even when they’re pretending not to care.

The comment sections under reports are hilarious. Hardly anyone understands what the argument even means. Including Guinness. One of Nintendo Life staff said “I’m shocked that he was right all along”. I laughed at the following quote (from Todd Tuckey 🤷🏻‍♂️) when defending Billy’s Guinness record.
What Twin Galaxies (new owners) asserts about Billy Mitchell’s score is simply not possible. There has never and will never be an emulation board that plugs into a Donkey Kong machine. It is simply impossible for anything but legitimate hardware to have been inside Billy Mitchell’s machine.
:-?

Can’t wait for Billy’s next movie.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

g60hot wrote: June 19th, 2020, 12:57 pm I'll be honest I can't help liking the guy, he's a personality that does what he wants, must get sooo much **** but keeps on trucking being who he is relentless.
Yeah, it’s all good fun isn’t it. I always find people with this much gall fascinating, and it’s amazing watching how they play the media. ...Until they become president or something. :palm:
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Post by Braintrash »

pubjoe wrote: June 26th, 2020, 11:12 am Has anyone that’s deeply familiar with emulator development actually commented on the recordings?
Yes.
It was proven by comparing the way the original board draws the screen and the way MAME does it differently. When you compare frame by frame, the difference is obvious even for someone who never played the game.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Erm yeah, I know that. It was this conversation starter.
Missile5
Please Continue...
eBay: buzz939

Post by Missile5 »

pubjoe wrote: June 26th, 2020, 11:12 am Has anyone that’s deeply familiar with emulator development actually commented on the recordings? Like, could a board repaired with a replaced video chip or rom produce the same result?

I still think it’s entirely possible (not probable) that he played on emulation or a bootleg without realising it. That scoring comparison table that someone drew up wasn’t outrageously luck heavy, and it would be if he’d save-stated through it. Billy once said something like “Mame?! I’ve never even played on a PC” - it’s impossible to tell if he’s self aware or not of the ignorance in that reply. That’s the great thing about the Deny Everything defence I guess. You don’t have to think of excuses, leave them for other people to imagine, just don’t say anything that might void one.

Either way though he’s running with it and taking everyone for fools. He obviously recorded plays in advance to stage fake live events. He and his mates have had a great time creating drama and bullshitting their bumchum bubble into worldwide fame.

He’s become a fantastic character. Everyone’s feeding it even when they’re pretending not to care.

The comment sections under reports are hilarious. Hardly anyone understands what the argument even means. Including Guinness. One of Nintendo Life staff said “I’m shocked that he was right all along”. I laughed at the following quote (from Todd Tuckey 🤷🏻‍♂️) when defending Billy’s Guinness record.
What Twin Galaxies (new owners) asserts about Billy Mitchell’s score is simply not possible. There has never and will never be an emulation board that plugs into a Donkey Kong machine. It is simply impossible for anything but legitimate hardware to have been inside Billy Mitchell’s machine.
:-?

Can’t wait for Billy’s next movie.
When you got Todd Tucky defending you, you are screwed :D

Billy has always says he never plays under emulation and that he doesn't even know how to do it. As for bootleg - all that fuss he made about Steve Wiebe's Donkey Kong PCB in that film and got people to examine it -he must know what a legit PCB looks like.

He's def a good gamesplayer and I heard he got another perfect Pacman game recently - this time properly witnessed. But I don't trust the guy. Not that it matters much anymore now most of his records have been broken anyway.