exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Shou »

Jan wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 10:16 pm Standart 2P Cab in production ? Would you be willing to explain what that means? You gonna offer a dedicated cab ? Delta-Exa incoming ?
You do know that JBRPG is not part of the exA-Arcadia team, right?
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

It's fair to say some people are more excited than others. :lol:
Shou wrote: February 25th, 2019, 12:00 pm Sent you a job offer. 8-)
Someone's got to clean the office bogs I suppose. ;)
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Shou wrote: February 25th, 2019, 12:03 pm
Jan wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 10:16 pm Standart 2P Cab in production ? Would you be willing to explain what that means? You gonna offer a dedicated cab ? Delta-Exa incoming ?
You do know that JBRPG is not part of the exA-Arcadia team, right?
I did not, that makes it a bit ...well...sad :think:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

SuperPang wrote: February 25th, 2019, 12:07 pmSomeone's got to clean the office bogs I suppose. ;)
In Japan? I've seen japanese toilets! They clean themselves!

I'M IN!
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

have you seen the "other " toilets though ? :lol: :awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

when i played lotto yesterday, the cashier was all 8-) aswell.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

I began to browse more of the updated website, and its English language translation is mostly spot on.

The games and its information are nicely spot on with their description.

For fighting games, I am glad that Exa informed operators that VS mode will be available only on one machine (not two machines) as it is very economical on the operator.

The only confusion I found was games made by Mindware with this statement: "Only 1 print run will ever be made."
I believe that supposed to mean "only one credit run available". A better way to state would be "This is a one-credit caravan game with time limit."
If that "Only 1 print run will ever be made" is intentional, please clarify and explain.

As for the partners, the basic template for the partner showcases a quick summary, list of upcoming and released games (only if published) with a globe and magnifying glass along with text serving as link to the partner's website. I understand that the new template has been recently been in place and I am sure the descriptions will be filled out as time flies by and gets closer to launch date.

One way to organize the games and partners would be to do the following suggestion:

Games - Released; Upcoming; In Development;
Partners - Announced Games; No announcements yet

The about page is good with a basic mission statement. I am sure it can be expended upon with history and how Exa Arcadia came to be.

Where to buy does currently show Japan only due to the confirmation. Later when the announcements for other distributors are 100% confirmed, it would be good to organize them in a table with region and list of distributors.

For the Press page, the table is nicely formatted to have space between the image of website and the title that mentions Exa Arcadia. I am sure that the individual game and partners descriptions could benefit a bit better from a table format later on with more details such as "Exclusive content", and "Game list", etc.

The revision of the website is far better than its first iteration thanks to its clean, unified, three brand colors that define the company along with a more organized and user friendly page.

I tested out the mobile format and it is as clean compared to the desktop, and the only thing that could be fixed is to have the tabs be vertically aligned below the logo instead of the side so there is less of a gap. The mobile format could utilize the logo to take more horizontal format with "Exa Arcadia" taking the top of the page and still leave room for the menu bar toggle. Of course the logo placement and size is fine as is, but keep in mind about tweaking the logo for mobile, tablet, and desktop formats of the website.

That is my latest critique on the website. There is a great deal of potential that Exa can do to impress more operators and news groups alike, I wish your team the greatest success possible.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

:shh: :lol:
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

SuperPang wrote: February 25th, 2019, 5:57 pm Here's one for the free space:
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1354947

+1
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Christ, how long are your game reviews going to be if that's just the website.
MrJBRPG wrote: February 26th, 2019, 2:16 am The only confusion I found was games made by Mindware with this statement: "Only 1 print run will ever be made."
I believe that supposed to mean "only one credit run available". A better way to state would be "This is a one-credit caravan game with time limit."
If that "Only 1 print run will ever be made" is intentional, please clarify and explain.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=print+run
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

Shou wrote: February 25th, 2019, 12:03 pm You do know that JBRPG is not part of the exA-Arcadia team, right?
Interesting, I assumed he was your PR guy..... :penser:
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

oddly he started to post just in time and pretty much only about the exa..... :think:
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

I happen to be quite a huge fanatic of EXA Arcadia and talked with various arcades in the Bay Area about the machine to drive interest. Arcade heroes along other indie arcade businesses/websites have plenty of excitement for the system due to offering kits and games at affordable prices. With the system able to play games offline and integrated into generic cabinets, this would be a good investment for small to medium sized operators with the added bonus of games having exclusive content and tweaks.

I am sure there are plenty of fans within and outside the forums that are as excited and passionate as me.

I have taken a look at the Shmups forum on the EXA Arcadia thread, and noted a parallel situation on how ports are treated with exclusive content:

Back in the late 1980's throughout the 1990's, the arcade machines have more powerful components compared to home consoles. Therefore no port of the arcade games were perfect, with some versions having modifications and exclusive content. As soon as the generation involving Sega Saturn, PlayStation, and Nintendo 64 (plus Windows PC) came into play, it is possible for "arcade perfect" ports to be released, and ended up being more profitable as a side effect.

Fast forward to today, The arcade and home consoles are nearly equal to each other in terms of power. When ShouTime mentioned that the arcade games are not receiving wide support, that is more likely because there is not a significance of content exclusivity between home and arcade versions, like Street Fighter IV with home console released a few months after the arcade, causing revenue drop for operators. The expectations of arcade and home versions have completely different experiences; with home version being that the player can play as long as they want after a single purchase and being freer to do trial and error; and the arcades with the operator having to make an investment and expects the average play time per credit be short and satisfactory enough so more players can try out.

It seems today that it may be more preferable for small developers to pitch the game idea on the home storefront to gauge its sales and interest before deciding to upgrade and revise for arcade, with the latter being more niche and premium.
Last edited by MrJBRPG on February 27th, 2019, 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

:penser:
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

As fans of the new arcade platform, we can always guess when and where Exa Arcadia might show off its products before and probably after launch:

Most likely Confirmed
  • * California Extreme 2019 (July 27-28 5101 Great America Pkwy - Santa Clara, CA 95054)
Maybe Confirmed
  • * Fightcade Offline (April 5-7 Murchante, 31521 - Murchante (Navarra), España)

No Confirmation
  • * Amusement Expo International / AAMA 2019 (March 26-28 Las Vegas, NV)
    * Game Developers Conference (March 18 - 22 San Francisco, CA)
    * Arcade Expo 5.0 (March 15 - 17 700 South Hathaway - Banning, CA 92220)
    * IAAPA Expo 2019 (November 12 - 16 Orange County Convention Center - Orlando, Florida, USA)
Remember, only Exa Arcadia knows how to best deliver their products. 8-)
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Somethings either confirmed or it isn't. I'm excited too but maybe ease off the speculation? It's clearly getting on a few peoples nerves.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Is this you MrJBRPG? ;)

MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

zak wrote: March 1st, 2019, 1:56 pm Is this you MrJBRPG? ;)

SuperPang wrote: March 1st, 2019, 1:49 pm Somethings either confirmed or it isn't. I'm excited too but maybe ease off the speculation? It's clearly getting on a few peoples nerves.
I never thought that I would end up causing some nerves from being a total fanatic with overloaded speculation, which is what some fans end up doing. I only intended to keep a cheerful spirit on the thread. I believe it is best for me to take a break from rapid posting since after all, Exa Arcadia has started up in September 2017 with launch titles due for release sometime in 2019 (Tentative Summer 2019) and has received support from various developers, distributors, and operators. We can only feel genuinely excited when Exa Arcadia actually makes confirmed announcements on anything.

Before I end my post, I like to give you a super Vlog from Arcade Heroes about the host and longtime operator's perspective on Exa Arcadia as a viable solution to broaden arcade experiences with an affordable price for generic cabinets and multi-game kits.

Anyways, there is plenty of things you can do to discuss about Exa Arcadia that can be constructive:
  • Browsing and Evaluating Exa Arcadia's website with constructive critiques (I have done that a few posts ago)
  • People developing games for the platform can ask for what features might be suitable for arcade version
  • Asking about upcoming features not shown yet (smartphone app companion, operators)
  • Showing off your Exa Arcadia passion (fan art, souvenirs, recorded gameplay footage)
  • Spreading news about Exa Arcadia to your nearest local arcade business along with press covering arcade games
  • Sharing your experience with any games for Exa Arcadia, if you played them
  • Keeping the community spirit positive about Exa Arcadia
Anyways, time for me to take a break from rapid posting.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

I like your enthusiasm :thumbup: :awe: :thumbupright: