exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

A new Samurai Spirits game is coming to PS4, so.. will there be an Exa version? And when?
Emulation's nice when done well
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

day one.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

I also noticed that Exa Arcadia and ShouTime makes a credit appearance in High Score Girl thanks to the same topic in shmups forums, but currently do not know which episode it came from.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... 8#p1334218

Also there is a new game coming out for Exa Arcadia some time in 2019 called Devil Engine with exclusive content not available for home console (Switch and PS4) but we do not know what would be exclusive yet.

I also have one question because I am so excited on the potential for universal cabinets being the gold standard: does Exa Arcadia plan or have a desire to have optional and detachable modules for the arcade cabinets / pcb unit so developers, operators, and cabinet owners can tailor them to their needs. The detachable modules will simply need a secure plugging system plus some tight screws to make theft very difficult or near impossible. Imagine additional light-gun slots, car driving / flight controllers, or even pairs of extra arcade joysticks and buttons for multiplayer. I strongly believe that Exa Arcadia knows what they are doing to best deliver the arcade experience.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: September 10th, 2018, 11:02 am A new Samurai Spirits game is coming to PS4, so.. will there be an Exa version? And when?
;)
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

open the pre-order and take my Money .... now !
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

Shou wrote: September 19th, 2018, 3:38 pm
LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: September 10th, 2018, 11:02 am A new Samurai Spirits game is coming to PS4, so.. will there be an Exa version? And when?
;)
SNK currently releases all their new games via NESiCAxLive2 (KOF XIV, SNK Heroines) so I guess there's a contract running with Taito. I'm pretty sure that the new Samurai Shodown will be released via NESiCAxLive2 as well.

This said, it's only valid for Japan. I'm pretty sure Taito is not interested in deploying NESiCAxLive internationally so if Shou manages to get hold of the export release license, it could be done.

Negotiations are surely going on... but Taito may feel uncomfortable with that as Japanese operators could choose to install exA-Arcadia kits instead of NESiCA... Whatever, I'm crossing fingers for an exA-Arcadia release...
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Stunning, it is like Harry Potter ;)
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

[UPDATE: CORRECTION FROM SHOU]

In short:
Shou confirmed that nothing will happen at IAAPA 2018.

Long story:
Shou (ShouTime) has replied of the rumor that Exa Arcadia would have announcement at IAAPA 2018, all because at the bottom of the arcade heroes article at the end "As mentioned in the interview above however, expect to see Exa-Arcadia at IAAPA 2018!"

I thought it was an announcement, but turns out nothing will happen from ShouTime himself.

Here is the article that does infer about Exa Arcadia being at IAAPA 2018:
http://arcadeheroes.com/2018/08/03/exa- ... interview/

Original rumor form this user due to hype effect:
We are approaching October, close to 1 and 1/2 months before Exa Arcadia's BIG LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT at IAAPA 2018 scheduled some time between November 12 and 16th conference dates, and trade show from November 13th to 16th. The IAAPA 2018 event is located in Orlando Florida.

You can check out the website for registration if you plan to go there: http://www.iaapa.org/expos/iaapa-attractions-expo/home

I hope for some teaser announcements during October and beginning of November, leading up to Fall 2018 launch period.

Will there be location tests at IAAPA 2018 in Orlando, Florida?
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

Anything new?
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

+1.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

So far, there is no other news, besides that EXA ARCADIA will have nothing for IAAPA 2018 (very likely that they will not be present), but there is a recent tweet by Yuu, the friend of ShouTime that taught him Tekken, interviewed him about Exa Arcadia compared to existing modern arcade machines. Should you know enough Japanese, feel free to translate it.

Tweet from Yuu:

Recent interview about Exa Arcadia:
https://jp.ign.com/aka-to-blue-type-r/2 ... xa-arcadia

Only when more content is announced is when Shoutime and Exa Arcadia crew can share the news.

Update 1: Apparently there is going to be additional content for a particular game on twitter:

Update 2: Arcade Heroes has confirmed that Exa Arcadia will not attend IAAPA 2018 due to "logistics issue" and the fact that the majority of launch titles for Exa Arcadia are from Japanese developers; so expect any small hints of news until JAEPO in February 2019 for more major news about Exa Arcadia platform.

http://arcadeheroes.com/2018/11/08/game ... -raccoons/
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

I do not like having to double post but I feel that a good interview is worth it, and this time it is in English!

https://twitter.com/shmupemall/status/1 ... 2226511873

The awesome highlights include the following, even if we know that was there already:

They aim for a very diverse launch lineup with action, puzzle, sports, shooting, racing, and multiplayer.
Exa Arcadia is pushing for more 4 player games
There will be more unique announcements at JAEPO 2019
Exa Arcadia has partnered up with various distributors across the world including Japan, USA / North America, South America, Southeast Asia, and China. They are still finding solutions to distribute arcade games in Europe without having to face larger fees.
When Super Hydorah AC was shown in JAEPO 2018, the initial reaction is that the game reminds a lot of X68000 games with crisp graphics and sound.
In the long run, Exa Arcadia seeks to restore the presence of the Arcades as another viable pillar for developers.
Exa Arcadia seeks to benefit operators by allowing new modes of revenue generation and options to constantly engage with gamers.
Exa Arcadis can successfully tackle against arcade giants like Taito and Sega because they aim to distribute affordable modular arcade units so operators can make more income compared to online-required arcade systems.

Looking forward to more news and updates on the upcoming launch lineup and more.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

EOJ
eBay: NA

Post by EOJ »

So much OSD clutter.
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

[Edit 1/18/2019] Only 1 week left until Exa Arcadia makes BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

While we wait for a week, I wonder what you guys think the games and other surprises could be revealed?

I got my little predictions:

I am guessing a 4 player standalone unit with 4 games that demonstrate diverse multiplayer experiences

Cosmic Digger
Nippon Racing Hyper Turbo Racing
Mystery Game 1 - could be beat-em-up
Mystery Game 2 - could be a fictional sports game or other action game

Announcement of another universal template revealed besides 6 buttons and joystick, such as driving or lightgun template in the work

Exa Arcadia might launch in Summer 2019 due to all manufacturing of necessary parts completed with initial run to select distributors

Would feature new ways for operators to earn income beyond coins such as in-game-advertisements in seamless ways, cross-promotion tricks that allow revenue to be shared to the operator from the influencer, etcetera.

Demonstration of the Exa Arcadia mobile companion application to set up player profiles with easy game location tracking.

An optional attachment that allows QR codes to be scanned from Exa Arcadia companion app for more features, like save character progress and setups, copy replay data to be uploaded to Twitch.

[Original]

Plenty of us are looking forward to big announcements during JAEPO from the 25th to the 27th, with Saturday and Sunday being public exhibition. Only a little over 2 weeks left and the hype is real!

Anyways, I wonder if you plan for any more trade shows after this one such as Amusement Expo International, happening between March 26 to 28th. I am sure you got some other games in the works that would fit nicely for other markets as well.

Here is link to Amusement Expo International
https://www.amusementexpo.org/2019/Public/Enter.aspx

I am curious if anyone else living in Japan plan to attend the public exhibition to JAEPO on either January 26 and/or 27? There will be plenty of opportunities to try out various launch titles. I also hope Mikado will do live streams of those games.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

So......any news? Any specs or pics of the hardware yet?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

JAEPO is this weekend.

They will be at the Safari Games booth with most of the announced games. New release announcements on the day it opens to the public including some beta versions. I'd be surprised if we didn't see the hardware and specs.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Good news for all!

Exa Arcadia will be live-streaming the games and booth this JAEPO alongside the huge announcements for launch. There is also high score competition for the titles as well.

Proof:

Also make sure to convert your time to Japan time to know when you can see the action through Twitch!

For ShouTime:

Do you plan to keep the livestream forever and have some announcements posted on Youtube?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Surprise, it's a beige box.

AMD Ryzen inside?