exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by geotrig »

Jan wrote: February 26th, 2020, 1:15 pm i recently learned a new word from my son, Hypebeast. :hinthint:
thought you were going to say Cynthia ! :awe:

no one cares about **** contracts , they fall apart and are crap for the most part always !

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

I did read through all perspectives about the Dangen issue, plus spoke with the developer of Devil Engine behind those gossips and rumors; somehow, that unfortunate incident has been most likely a one-off issue from creative differences. I always do take those perspectives with a grain of salt, meaning I do not blindly side with one part of the story.

With video game business, all parties are expected to be careful with communication so it does not turn into an escalating conflict spiral, especially when following contracts. Even more important for Exa Arcadia as a young company with big plans. They cannot afford any more slip-ups from this point or else negative image could spell doom.

However, there seems to be more positive reactions from different developers than the negative ones so far.

For instance, an article by Wilcox Arcade had an interview with Onion Soup Interactive on Nippon Marathon Turbo Hyper Running:

https://www.wilcoxarcade.com/single-pos ... ia-Updates

Plus more of the games are being put on pre-order which is a heathy sign for now.

If Exa Arcadia want to stay in healthy business, they should more thoroughly look at the developer and publishers' proposals first, they shall spend time to understand the game for a little while, and then they come up with some suggestions to allow healthy negotiations with all parties. Additionally, if the game is published through a different publisher, Exa Arcadia should contact them about publishing the arcade version, and wait for a "YES" response.

It is also the developer's responsibility to check their games with a publisher, if not self published about the arcade version. For developers that self-publish the games, negotiations often become much easier with Exa Arcadia. Ultimately it is the developer that decides whether it is worth doing an arcade version with additional work to change the game balance and add in new content, and more to fit the arcade environment.

As much as I want to make arcade video games, I would rather play safe first by doing mobile and PC/Console before delving into Exa Arcadia. Besides, Exa Arcadia has higher barriers and harder requirements compared to game consoles like Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.

(P.S. I sometimes cannot even tolerate some forum goers on the shmups forum, some being outright troll/hateful comments, especially with the recent Devil Engine post they brought up)
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

MrJBRPG wrote: February 26th, 2020, 2:57 pm If Exa Arcadia want to stay in healthy business, they should more thoroughly look at the developer and publishers' proposals first.
They should probably look at obtaining some original content too. It's not like Windows is new or difficult to develop for.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

If the launch goes well (which it looks like it has), I'm sure the new games will come. Nobody's going to invest a couple of million in developing a new arcade only game without testing the water first.

Can't we draw a line under the silly speculation and just look forward to Cave finally breaking cover instead? :shifty:
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

SuperPang wrote: February 26th, 2020, 5:39 pm
Can't we draw a line under the silly speculation and just look forward to Cave finally breaking cover instead? :shifty:
:pointup:
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

Im sure there will be a port of flappy birds to tide over hardcore shooter fans till CAVE provides us with their golden t̶u̶r̶d̶ egg.

I am genuinely interested on how things go on this platform, and anything CAVE related.
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Post by Sumez »

Cool finally seeing a decent Aka to Blue video. This game looks a lot better than I'd expected, and I'm glad to hear it's possible to turn off all that annoying chatter, too. Hoping to see a good port some time eventually, in spite of exA's devious contracts. :)

Weren't people complaining about the bullet patterns being super fast? These look notably slower than most Cave games to me.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Sumez wrote: February 28th, 2020, 2:04 pm
Weren't people complaining about the bullet patterns being super fast? These look notably slower than most Cave games to me.
We're just crap.
brentsg
eBay: brentsg
Initials: BSG

Post by brentsg »

SuperPang wrote: February 26th, 2020, 1:09 pm And those who slagged it off then bought one :awe:

Seriously though, I struggle to take any of this seriously from a developer who is quoted as calling Shou a c*nt and saying he took advantage of his dyslexia. :lol: Talk about airing your dirty laundry in public.
I read that stuff and wonder about NDAs and such.

I've been through some absolutely **** situations with customers of varying sizes, and I've worked for more than one company that wanted me to do illegal stuff for them (quit one job over it). I still have a lot of the receipts but I'm not taking them to Twitter.

Anyways the system is terrible because I don't have one, nor do I have a cab for it anyways. :D
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Quite tragic that we have a new system but there’s mainly talk about who screws over who, regardless who’s right.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

arcnl wrote: February 29th, 2020, 10:40 am Quite tragic that we have a new system but there’s mainly talk about who screws over who, regardless who’s right.
Leave the drama to shmups is what I say, but then I've been accused of being an Exa shill as well so watch yourselves.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

SuperPang wrote: February 29th, 2020, 12:55 pm Leave the drama to shmups is what I say
Probably for the best.

I will agree with what others have stated, Exa is going to need some exclusives. The touched up steam ports can only go so far.

That being said, I’ve put in lots of time with Aka to Blue and it’s really good. Hopefully they (Exa) can keep the momentum going.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

SuperPang wrote: February 29th, 2020, 12:55 pm
arcnl wrote: February 29th, 2020, 10:40 am Quite tragic that we have a new system but there’s mainly talk about who screws over who, regardless who’s right.
Leave the drama to shmups is what I say, but then I've been accused of being an Exa shill as well so watch yourselves.
I am glad that I am not alone in being accused as a shill.. I too am not going to participate in such forum drama until that beating on the dead horse has stopped... again...

I ever have enough money, I would want to operate one game, and that supports 2 players simultaneously, whether it be co-op or versus.

-------------

Anyways, I wanted to post something that I forgot, but will mention anyways for those who want to make games for the Exa Arcadia platform.

Disclaimer - I do not have an Exa Arcadia dev kit nor have much experience for console game development. The information presented are confirmed and revealed publicly across forums and websites

Exa Arcadia has more stringent requirements than modern consoles, such as the following, but not limited to:
* Exclusive content is mandatory to stand out from other versions
* Adjust the game balance to fit the arcade market, satisfying both operators and players
* Games must support horizontal orientation as default, vertical games can be optimized by developer
* Aspect ratio of 16:9 and 4:3 are implemented, with horizontal being default
* Attract Mode and Tutorials are mandatory
* Configuration set-up is implemented
* The maximum input lag from game logic cannot exceed 4 frames (60 Htz with 1 frame per 16.67ms, totaling ~66.68 ms), despite that hardware can do 2 frames of input lag

To me, Exa Arcadia really wants to seek high quality work on each one, especially on the input lag quota, which I do not remember or know being an essential requirement for other consoles.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

I am glad that I am not alone in being accused as a shill.
Anyways, I wanted to post something that I forgot, but will mention anyways for those who want to make games for the Exa Arcadia platform.

Disclaimer - I do not have an Exa Arcadia dev kit nor have much experience for console game development. The information presented are confirmed and revealed publicly across forums and websites

Exa Arcadia has more stringent requirements than modern consoles, such as the following, but not limited to:
* Exclusive content is mandatory to stand out from other versions
* Adjust the game balance to fit the arcade market, satisfying both operators and players
* Games must support horizontal orientation as default, vertical games can be optimized by developer
* Aspect ratio of 16:9 and 4:3 are implemented, with horizontal being default
* Attract Mode and Tutorials are mandatory
* Configuration set-up is implemented
* The maximum input lag from game logic cannot exceed 4 frames (60 Htz with 1 frame per 16.67ms, totaling ~66.68 ms), despite that hardware can do 2 frames of input lag

To me, Exa Arcadia really wants to seek high quality work on each one, especially on the input lag quota, which I do not remember or know being an essential requirement for other consoles.

:lol: :lol: :thumbup:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
connor
Please Continue...
eBay: 00

Post by connor »

MrJBRPG wrote: February 29th, 2020, 4:40 pm
I am glad that I am not alone in being accused as a shill.. I too am not going to participate in such forum drama until that beating on the dead horse has stopped... again...
If you don't think you're a shill for Exa paid or unpaid you are absolutely insane.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

connor wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 9:49 pm
MrJBRPG wrote: February 29th, 2020, 4:40 pm
If you don't think you're a shill for Exa paid or unpaid you are absolutely insane.
No, he's just very enthusiastic about it. ;-)
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

I got "Power to the EXA" tattoos on my biceps. I have since been getting free games and invitations to trade shows. I pose with Japanese cosplayers and fist pump for all their photos. All expenses paid. Life is good.

8-)
not true :lol:
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩