eBay: NA

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by zak »

And decent sound.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I didn't get to see the now deleted comments, but if it's Saidaioujou, it's no big secret that trap15 has made a CV-1000 emulator and has made a number of Cave hacks. My guess is exA have licensed the game from Cave and are reworking it. It's definitely a nice property and they've got the best guy for the job.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

:shifty:
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

nem wrote: March 9th, 2020, 8:50 am My guess is exA have licensed the game from Cave and are reworking it. It's definitely a nice property and they've got the best guy for the job.
:think:
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

So what interface do the games use, are they glorified USB sticks or is it something else?
StarCreator
eBay: starcreator
Initials: STC

Post by StarCreator »

arcnl wrote: March 9th, 2020, 11:43 am So what interface do the games use, are they glorified USB sticks or is it something else?
Games themselves are something proprietary. interface is JVS.
Last edited by StarCreator on March 9th, 2020, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

arcnl wrote: March 9th, 2020, 11:43 am So what interface do the games use, are they glorified USB sticks or is it something else?
They're SSD, M2 SATA I think?
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Post by Sumez »

Gimmick is a really great game. Easily one of the top 3 best titles on the NES.
nem wrote: March 6th, 2020, 4:24 pm https://www.ebay.com/itm/283403741889

Cheaper than the NES version.
Holy crap. I need to sell my copy soon.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

jimmerd wrote: March 8th, 2020, 11:34 pm Gimmick! update looks and sounds great.
Agreed! One of the more interesting games for the system that I've seen thus far.
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

nem wrote: March 6th, 2020, 4:24 pm https://www.ebay.com/itm/283403741889

Cheaper than the NES version.
Good lord.
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

The most amusing part (given the price of that auction), is that the Japanese version is way better, anyway ;)
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

As usual in "retro-gaming" price has nothing to do with fun.
I must say gimmick has me more excited than anything else on the platform. I'm unlikely to ever run into it but hey who knows.
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

arcnl wrote: March 10th, 2020, 5:06 am As usual in "retro-gaming" price has nothing to do with fun.
Yeah, I did think right after writing that that it was probably a stupid comment, on my part. Given the nature of the retro scene these days, someone was probably buying it just to stick on a shelf and complete their PAL NES set :lolno:
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

PAL 50hz. :lol:
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

geosnow wrote: March 10th, 2020, 9:22 pm PAL 50hz. :lol:
Yeah, it's expensive for a slowed down game...
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

Butchered sound, in this case, too :(
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

I'm thinking about buying an Exa in the near future... but what JVS to JAMMA adapter should I buy for it? Ideally something that's readily available.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Unknownsou wrote: March 19th, 2020, 12:31 am I'm thinking about buying an Exa in the near future... but what JVS to JAMMA adapter should I buy for it? Ideally something that's readily available.
The SEGA Rev B ones are fairly common and not too pricey. I believe it adds less lag than the Capcom one. The only advantage of the latter would be the CPS2 kick harness connector for 6 button games.

If you're using a Supergun, that's all you'd need as you can connect the HDMI out to an HDTV.
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

SuperPang wrote: March 19th, 2020, 6:49 pm
Unknownsou wrote: March 19th, 2020, 12:31 am I'm thinking about buying an Exa in the near future... but what JVS to JAMMA adapter should I buy for it? Ideally something that's readily available.
The SEGA Rev B ones are fairly common and not too pricey. I believe it adds less lag than the Capcom one. The only advantage of the latter would be the CPS2 kick harness connector for 6 button games.

If you're using a Supergun, that's all you'd need as you can connect the HDMI out to an HDTV.
Ok, cool.

And yeah, using a Supergun. So if I'm not mistaken, basically all the JVS connection is going to handle at this point is controls, right? Video and audio are separate, and it looks like the PSU is integrated into the Exa Arcadia... kind of a weird setup, but there you go.
StarCreator
eBay: starcreator
Initials: STC

Post by StarCreator »

Unknownsou wrote: March 19th, 2020, 6:54 pmOk, cool.

And yeah, using a Supergun. So if I'm not mistaken, basically all the JVS connection is going to handle at this point is controls, right? Video and audio are separate, and it looks like the PSU is integrated into the Exa Arcadia... kind of a weird setup, but there you go.
Correct. The supergun still needs to provide power to the JVS adapter but controls will be all that passes through, unless you put the exA in 31KHz video mode and use a DAC to get VGA output.

I use the Sega rev B myself. It actually supports five buttons per player on the JAMMA harness alone and you can use the additional wire headers to get more if needed.

The Sega JVS converters don't have audio handling at all, so you'll have to handle that yourself. Though, if you use a DVI-D to HDMI adapter (or perhaps just unblock the HDMI output) you'll get HDMI audio just fine.