Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by SuperPang »

battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

I've been enjoying it. Presentation is great. Feels very THunderforce-ish.

With a subwoofer the audio got bumped up a notch.

I'm totally happy with it so far.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

edit: ignore.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Pic of the upcoming Exa I/O courtesy of KVC Lab's blog.

https://kvc.jp/2020/12/17/自宅で基板を楽しむよ-2-「exa-arcadia」の巻/
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

SuperPang wrote: December 16th, 2020, 5:36 pm Pic of the upcoming Exa I/O courtesy of KVC Lab's blog.

https://kvc.jp/2020/12/17/自宅で基板を楽しむよ-2-「exa-arcadia」の巻/
Fixed link for you.

It is rather reassuring that EXA Arcadia has some of their own JVS IO boards in development and that that they aim to be very JAMMA friendly based on the Google Translation Machine.

Props for KVC Labs also demonstrating compatibility with Arcade 1up plus USB game controllers through C-BOX.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

RandomRetro
Please Continue...
eBay: carnick10
Initials: RNR

Post by RandomRetro »

SuperPang wrote: December 21st, 2020, 12:11 pm
Will be interesting to watch this one.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I was today years old when I realised high scores are saved on the motherboard. :problem:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Can you swap carts between slots with the scores still remaining in memory? I remember that being an issue before.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Pretty sure when my mobo and carts came back I put them in a different order and all was well. I was pleasantly surprised the scores/settings hadn't reset when the carts were updated. Probably should've twigged at that point. :lol:

I've not lost anything of importance. A couple of games had already nerfed my high scores due to early bugs, others I hadn't played much. I took photographic proof the first time I got to stage 4 on Aka :lolno: and I expect the 1.2 update refreshes the scores on that one anyway?

On the subject of cart swapping, I assume everyone else is finding the slot numbers are seemingly random when you put multiple games in?
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

https://exa.ac/product/exa-arcadia-io-b ... 177369a3b7

Looks like EXA Arcadia's very own JVS to JAMMA IO board is now available worldwide and is a lot more affordable compared to second hand prices of the competitors' predecessors.

From their description, there doesn't need to be daisy chaining for 4 players, which the IO board currently reads as two 2 player machines.

The next question would be how to support 8 players locally by daisy chaining two of those EXA IO boards?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

It's a nice product for anyone who wants to run the system in a Blast City. If you're thinking of running it on anything else (like a supergun), take note that it doesn't have a cement resistor on the power lines. The power draw on that thing must be negligible. Some PSUs expect a minimum load and that board alone probably won't be enough.

Also, can I just say that it's somewhat misleading saying linked JVS IOs have 'a frame of lag'. It's true, but it's a JVS frame. Which will amount to a few milliseconds.
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

nem wrote: December 24th, 2020, 5:27 pm If you're thinking of running it on anything else (like a supergun), take note that it doesn't have a cement resistor on the power lines. The power draw on that thing must be negligible. Some PSUs expect a minimum load and that board alone probably won't be enough.
Bummer. Well, there goes that plan :oops:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Well, I did write some, not all. If yours gives an accurate +5V reading without anything connected, it's going to be fine. If it doesn't, you could just solder a fat resistor between GND and +5V on the IO.
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

nem wrote: December 25th, 2020, 1:28 pm Well, I did write some, not all. If yours gives an accurate +5V reading without anything connected, it's going to be fine. If it doesn't, you could just solder a fat resistor between GND and +5V on the IO.
Thanks for clarifying :) Sounds like one of my superguns should definitely be fine without adding a resistor. I have been wondering about getting one of those Axunworks superguns for exA, anyway...would be neater, but probaby overkill.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

Grinning Cat wrote: December 25th, 2020, 11:27 pm
nem wrote: December 25th, 2020, 1:28 pm Well, I did write some, not all. If yours gives an accurate +5V reading without anything connected, it's going to be fine. If it doesn't, you could just solder a fat resistor between GND and +5V on the IO.
Thanks for clarifying :) Sounds like one of my superguns should definitely be fine without adding a resistor. I have been wondering about getting one of those Axunworks superguns for exA, anyway...would be neater, but probaby overkill.
I'm using an Axunworks C-Box for the exA and it's working great! This said, I use the JVS port of the supergun (which has a Sega I/O board inside), bypassing it by using the JAMMA port with the exA I/O would surely work without adding a resistor but I don't think the input lag difference would be noticeable.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Yeah, I'm absolutely positive no normal person could ever tell the difference between IOs. We're talking a difference of, I don't know, 4-8ms, at most?

The Axun supergun is really cool, however, if you just want one for exA, it is way overkill. Personally I would just grab a Sega Type 1 IO. Those are really common as they came with Naomi Universals and they cost very little. You just need to feed it +5V. You could connect or solder a chopped USB cable to the power in pins (CN7). Then just connect or solder your controls to the digital inputs. If you want to connect, you can use cheap Dupont pins and connectors.
buffi

Post by buffi »

I am also using an axun for exa.
It has a sega jvs io inside it apparently.
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

Nomax wrote: December 26th, 2020, 10:36 am
Grinning Cat wrote: December 25th, 2020, 11:27 pm
I'm using an Axunworks C-Box for the exA and it's working great! This said, I use the JVS port of the supergun (which has a Sega I/O board inside), bypassing it by using the JAMMA port with the exA I/O would surely work without adding a resistor but I don't think the input lag difference would be noticeable.
I'd definitely just use the built-in Sega I/O too, if I had a C-Box :) Miniscule lag differences aside, it would just be a lot neater. I'm really happy with my HAS...but by the time you have a separate arcade PSU (and then things like I/Os) - an all-in-one supergun like the C-Box would just be miles cleaner. Would also be nice to use Saturn and Sigma sticks without adaptors. I may end up grabbing one eventually, anyway. They look like great units...but maybe not exclusively for exA.