Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by arcnl »

No.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

mbandala wrote: January 21st, 2022, 10:40 am Hi - Does the exA-Arcadia system work with a EUR SCART CRT? Cheers.
480p minimum.
system11

Post by system11 »

I had lots of problems getting it to work even with VGA on my TV, 29 times in 30 there was some kind of negotiation failure and I ended up with a strange letterbox in one offset area of the screen, even though looking in the test menu it was able to work out that it was hooked up to a 1080p panel. I ended up just switching to HDMI, problems gone. Using the CRT in my New Net City worked straight away with VGA cable into a DVI-D adapter. I VERY STRONGLY recommend getting an adapter which is a short cable too, the small dongle types are an absolute pain to deal with. Had the same issues with Type-X2, you can't use the same one for both though as the X2 requires a DVI-I one. Lots of money was wasted at Amazon learning these things.

I have ordered Aka & Blue and Shikondo so far. I'd like Vritra and SDOJ for sure.
Random blog of stuff:
http://blog.system11.org
supabok
eBay: superbokbok

Post by supabok »

As I await my exa mobo arrival, I have the noobest of questions :)
My vewlix doesn't have the wei-ya psu and wondering if I only plan to play Exa on it do I still need that psu?
This thing is what I'm missing/talking bout:

thanks
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

supabok wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 6:42 pm As I await my exa mobo arrival, I have the noobest of questions :)
My vewlix doesn't have the wei-ya psu and wondering if I only plan to play Exa on it do I still need that psu?
This thing is what I'm missing/talking bout:

thanks
Assuming that's the optional JVS PSU and not the one for the I/O etc, you're good. The Exa has its own onboard PSU which you can plug into the spare AC outlet inside the cab.
supabok
eBay: superbokbok

Post by supabok »

Beautiful! Thank you!
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

For those who have a Vewlix and have purchased an exA-Arcadia system, we can provide 1 free Vewlix marquee and square instruction set on how to quit games seen in the link below.
The square instruction set goes above where the card reader is on a Vewlix control panel and is available in English or Japanese. The Vewlix marquee is in Japanese only.

Send a note to support with you system serial & language preference and they will be included with your next order.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZYgsVNBeyk/
Buddyc
eBay: haver-san
Initials: BAD

Post by Buddyc »

Awesome stuff @Shou !
Note sent to support.
RandomRetro
Please Continue...
eBay: carnick10
Initials: RNR

Post by RandomRetro »

Agreed. Note sent to support to hopefully hit the Akai shipment cutoff.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Good initiative, @Shou. Although, why no English marquee I'm not sure (could easily have been dual language too).

On another somewhat related matter, what is with the game change button on the Mikado / exA branded control panel? Is it there by accident?
Shou

Post by Shou »

nem wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 3:06 pm Good initiative, @Shou. Although, why no English marquee I'm not sure (could easily have been dual language too).

On another somewhat related matter, what is with the game change button on the Mikado / exA branded control panel? Is it there by accident?
The Vewlix series of cabs is made for the Japanese market and the marquee was made for that market.
Adding English on top of the Japanese in the marquee design would have made it look crowded and near illegible when English isn't for the target demographic.

The Game Menu button on the Mikado and Round 1 panels are similar to the Home button on APM2/3 in that pressing it goes to the game selection menu.

The APM2 and APM3 Home buttons will be supported in the future.
If you have a Noir, New Net City or Lindbergh converted to use APM2 panels, the Home button will be made compatible as well.
Compatibility with the Home button will require a per title software upgrade so it is really only for operators or collectors who have this button on their cab.

For owners of a CRT cabinet or Vewlix, specialized panels + wiring kits will be available when manufacturing allows.

PS: Per yours and others suggestion, the quit command activation timer during free play is being decreased to 3 seconds where possible.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Shou wrote: February 4th, 2022, 4:10 amThe Vewlix series of cabs is made for the Japanese market and the marquee was made for that market.

Of course, but aren't most Western locations running your system in these cabs as well?

Adding English on top of the Japanese in the marquee design would have made it look crowded and near illegible when English isn't for the target demographic.

Considering how much English is (and has been for the last 40 years) in arcade games, I think it could have been done without alienating your key market. But I'll take what I get.

The Game Menu button on the Mikado and Round 1 panels are similar to the Home button on APM2/3 in that pressing it goes to the game selection menu.

The APM2 and APM3 Home buttons will be supported in the future.
If you have a Noir, New Net City or Lindbergh converted to use APM2 panels, the Home button will be made compatible as well.
Compatibility with the Home button will require a per title software upgrade so it is really only for operators or collectors who have this button on their cab.

For owners of a CRT cabinet or Vewlix, specialized panels + wiring kits will be available when manufacturing allows.

This is great. This is what I've been waiting to hear from you for over a year. The current implementation is poor.
Shou

Post by Shou »

No, the vast majority of Western locations are using Western style upright cabinets.

There is no physical space on that marquee for another language to be added to it and be legible from sitting at the cabinet.
Maybe you have super 20:20 vision but locations here are low light with many near sighted customers who complain about exactly this point on other games.
You're free to design your own marquee and put it up. What we are offering is free and not costing anyone anything.

The current quit implementation is exactly the same as Nesica.
Not every cabinet has a home button nor will most Japanese operators bother with adding a button for it even if given the opportunity.
Last edited by Shou on February 6th, 2022, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

Shou wrote: February 4th, 2022, 4:10 am For owners of a CRT cabinet or Vewlix, specialized panels + wiring kits will be available when manufacturing allows.
Very good news!

Will these be 1-player or 2-player control panels?
Shou

Post by Shou »

Nomax wrote: February 5th, 2022, 10:52 am
Shou wrote: February 4th, 2022, 4:10 am For owners of a CRT cabinet or Vewlix, specialized panels + wiring kits will be available when manufacturing allows.
Very good news!

2L12B
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

Shou wrote: February 6th, 2022, 3:58 am
Very good news!

2L12B
Wonderful! :thumbup:
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

Nomax wrote: February 6th, 2022, 11:52 am

Very good news!

2L12B
I presume the 2L 12B would be 2 levers (joystick levers) and 12 buttons, meaning up to 2 player (1 lever and 6 button per player) control panel is possible.
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

MrJBRPG wrote: February 6th, 2022, 3:19 pm
Nomax wrote: February 6th, 2022, 11:52 am

2L12B
I presume the 2L 12B would be 2 levers (joystick levers) and 12 buttons, meaning up to 2 player (1 lever and 6 button per player) control panel is possible.
Yes, 2L12B is a 2-player panel with 1 joystick and 6 buttons per player.
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

Shou wrote: February 4th, 2022, 4:10 am If you have a Noir, New Net City or Lindbergh converted to use APM2 panels, the Home button will be made compatible as well.
That's great news!

Unfortunately, APM2 panels are 1-player only. A 2-player Namco Noir/Lindbergh control panel with a home button would be welcome too. :hinthint:
We could have it manufactured ourselves, but an official exA-Arcadia one would be better (even if sold unpopulated).
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

Finally set up the exa on viewlix diamond black and gotta say it’s totally awesome sdoj looks and plays amazing I can’t feel any lag at all!big shout out to shou and exa it’s a great bit of kit,looking forward to future tate shmup releases,hope something like ibara black label comes to exa i rekon pink sweets would look amazing too or even something from m2!also any new shmups from new developers!aka to blue is next on my list I gonna order soon!