Initials: JOE

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by SuperPang »

Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

Wow, the final game looks really fun. 4-player looks like complete chaos and I’m sure it would be fun if I had 3 friends. But I don’t.
jase

Post by jase »

The game looks like a lot of fun. Awesome soundtrack as well. Deciding which exA game to get next is going to be a tough call. :awe:
system11

Post by system11 »

You will not regret buying Touhou.
Random blog of stuff:
http://blog.system11.org
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

P47 aces is looking awsome!👌
supabok
eBay: superbokbok

Post by supabok »

Ddshot wrote: August 26th, 2022, 6:14 pm P47 aces is looking awsome!👌
Aye that it is! Really liking this one!

Mikado Loc Test 08/28
Nicole
eBay: nicolbranaga_0
Initials: NCX

Post by Nicole »

Copy of Touhou arrived today, but I went to play it in the Exa and I got an IO Board error when booting the game-- the menu works fine, as do all my other Exa titles; I'm using an IONA USB to JVS adapter board, but I don't see why that would matter in this situation?
zombiz
eBay: zombie_steph

Post by zombiz »

Had the same issue with Touhou and IONA.
You have to setup the IONA to report as a Namco JVS (1) for it to work (it's the setting working for me at least). Take a look at their official website for the "how to" (options).

BTW Touhou on Exa is a great game :)
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Nicole wrote: August 30th, 2022, 4:25 am Copy of Touhou arrived today, but I went to play it in the Exa and I got an IO Board error when booting the game-- the menu works fine, as do all my other Exa titles; I'm using an IONA USB to JVS adapter board, but I don't see why that would matter in this situation?
Thanks for the report and apologies for the troubles.

The IONA series of devices are off JVS spec and do not always produce the correct IO responses/timings.
We have communicated the issue to Toyoshima who runs that project and he will make a FW update to deal with the issue.

Touhou Perfect Sakura Fantastica is actually the first title which complies to our new JVS' (Dash) standard to achieve faster than USB HID device speeds.
This means faster input lag and no additional lag even when linking 2 cabinets for VS or 4 players like what happens with normal JVS.

All exA-Arcadia titles released from Touhou onwards are JVS' and JVS compatible.
Already available titles will all be updated for JVS' compatibility and some will see QOL updates such as lower input lag.
As one of our beta testers mentioned in another thread, Aka & Blue Type-R is now 1 frame of lag. Unity and Unreal games on exA-Arcadia can be 1 frame input lag as opposed to the usual 4 that you see on console.
New titles like Samurai Shodown V Perfect are less than 1 frame, it is so fast you have to measure in smaller units than a frame.
supabok

Post by supabok »

Thanks @Shou for this update!
In looking at the Aka to Blue thread, the JVS was Exa branded. Does that mean Exa will sell this JVS unit or was it just for testing?
In either case, this is really exciting!

cheers
westtrade

Post by westtrade »

Shou wrote: August 30th, 2022, 10:07 am
Nicole wrote: August 30th, 2022, 4:25 am Copy of Touhou arrived today, but I went to play it in the Exa and I got an IO Board error when booting the game-- the menu works fine, as do all my other Exa titles; I'm using an IONA USB to JVS adapter board, but I don't see why that would matter in this situation?
Thanks for the report and apologies for the troubles.

The IONA series of devices are off JVS spec and do not always produce the correct IO responses/timings.
We have communicated the issue to Toyoshima who runs that project and he will make a FW update to deal with the issue.

Touhou Perfect Sakura Fantastica is actually the first title which complies to our new JVS' (Dash) standard to achieve faster than USB HID device speeds.
This means faster input lag and no additional lag even when linking 2 cabinets for VS or 4 players like what happens with normal JVS.

All exA-Arcadia titles released from Touhou onwards are JVS' and JVS compatible.
Already available titles will all be updated for JVS' compatibility and some will see QOL updates such as lower input lag.
As one of our beta testers mentioned in another thread, Aka & Blue Type-R is now 1 frame of lag. Unity and Unreal games on exA-Arcadia can be 1 frame input lag as opposed to the usual 4 that you see on console.
New titles like Samurai Shodown V Perfect are less than 1 frame, it is so fast you have to measure in smaller units than a frame.
Shou, Could you give an eta for when Samurai Showdown V Perfect will listed for sale? :)
SpinalFeyd
eBay: ****
Initials: CCP

Post by SpinalFeyd »

Shou wrote: August 9th, 2022, 8:03 am
We are always open to hear what people want to see.

Something Original
Shou

Post by Shou »

supabok wrote: August 30th, 2022, 3:08 pm Thanks @Shou for this update!
In looking at the Aka to Blue thread, the JVS was Exa branded. Does that mean Exa will sell this JVS unit or was it just for testing?
In either case, this is really exciting!

cheers
Yes, the Vewlix drop in exA-Arcadia JVS' IO will be sold some time this year.
We bundle these with Vewlix cab sales within Japan and our cabinets will come equipped with them going forward.

A Noir version is also being designed but will take some time.

A JAMMA compatible version will be manufactured and sold by TD IO in the future as well.
Shou

Post by Shou »

westtrade wrote: August 30th, 2022, 9:32 pm Shou, Could you give an eta for when Samurai Showdown V Perfect will listed for sale? :)
Very soon
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

So I guess I'm going to be waiting for a new IONA board then to take advantage of the lower input lag? Not like it's a must have or anything, but why not take advantage of it if I can?
Shou

Post by Shou »

Unknownsou wrote: August 31st, 2022, 4:39 am So I guess I'm going to be waiting for a new IONA board then to take advantage of the lower input lag? Not like it's a must have or anything, but why not take advantage of it if I can?
Toyoshima is planning a new line of IONA boards but we do not know when those will come out.
We have shared the JVS' spec with him and he has stated he wants to make them compatible.

Just with JVS, you are already getting lower lag than even the original PCB in some cases.
For context, many of the 90s JAMMA games are 2 frames depending upon their board design and software.

Having the speed of JVS' allows you to compensate for a laggier monitor like on the older Vewlix cabs.

Some examples:

JVS 1 frame input lag
Akai Katana EXA Label (CV1000 is 2, 360 is 4-5, Nesica is 5 - more if you are playing a boot with a poor JVS translator)
Dodonpachi SDOJ EXA Label (CV1000 is 2, 360 is 4-5)
Gimmick Exact Mix
P-47 Aces Mark II (Mega 32 is 2)
Samurai Shodown V Perfect (improves to less than 1 on JVS')

JVS 2 frame input lag
Aka & Blue Type-R
Fight of Gods AE
Psyvariar Delta AC
Shadow Gangs X
Rival Megagun XE
Vritra Hexa

Most of these 2 frames games improve to 1 on JVS'.
Shou

Post by Shou »

We had a meeting with Toyoshima today and he asked if you could raise the issue directly to him so that he could resolve it with you.
supabok

Post by supabok »

Shou wrote: August 31st, 2022, 3:19 am Yes, the Vewlix drop in exA-Arcadia JVS' IO will be sold some time this year.
We bundle these with Vewlix cab sales within Japan and our cabinets will come equipped with them going forward.

A Noir version is also being designed but will take some time.

A JAMMA compatible version will be manufactured and sold by TD IO in the future as well.
Thank you for the update on JVS' and looking forward to this!
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Astro Ninja Man up for preorder: https://exa.ac/product/astro-ninja-man- ... 177369a3b7

500 smackaroos.

It looks better than Kira Kira Star Night, but I don't think it's for me. No idea what my next game's going to be at this point, honestly - too many I'm waffling between.
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

I’m defo picking up Astro ninja man!👌