exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
turntablism

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by turntablism »

What about delta 32 cab - Is it recommendet to use with the exa ?
http://www.yodel-arcade.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/user/Fanaticcism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Shou wrote: September 27th, 2019, 9:37 am Original Noir and Lindbergh cannot rotate normally. Most of the monitors are now in poor shape and they are 768p.

As previously said, there are many revisions of monitors. In all of the Diamonds that we bought, it had much worse display lag than C or F.

Also, you will need to take into account the JVS IO boards. We have benchmarked most and the Taito JVS IO is much slower than what the namco or Sega use. Also the JAMMA JVS are much much slower.
Is the Taito Fast IO compatible with EXA?
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

turntablism wrote: September 27th, 2019, 10:30 am What about delta 32 cab - Is it recommendet to use with the exa ?
No, it’s analog video only.
Shou

Post by Shou »

zak wrote: September 27th, 2019, 10:36 am
Shou wrote: September 27th, 2019, 9:37 am Original Noir and Lindbergh cannot rotate normally. Most of the monitors are now in poor shape and they are 768p.

As previously said, there are many revisions of monitors. In all of the Diamonds that we bought, it had much worse display lag than C or F.

Also, you will need to take into account the JVS IO boards. We have benchmarked most and the Taito JVS IO is much slower than what the namco or Sega use. Also the JAMMA JVS are much much slower.
Is the Taito Fast IO compatible with EXA?
No, that is a Taito proprietary standard.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Jan wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 10:45 am i did alot of Leo Bodnar (720p) testing on the F, FC, AMI, L and DIA. And i can asure you that while the (first gen) LG Panels of the L and AMI are not as fast as the onces in the F, FC and DIA, none of them will cause any noticable delay. No idea where the warning for the DIA comes from, the delay was pretty low on these.

It is also worth mentioning that there are several revisions of the Screens. the first Batch of VS for example share the same monitor with the AMI and L, the second Run has the newer revision Panel ( the once that was sold by Taito as spare for AMI and L), the difference is mainly the higher contrast ratio.

The DIA has also two different Models, first Gen with a IPS made (actual brand), second model with a Pansonic Screen. Bother are very similar, the IPS has Factory settings out of the box though.
We tested with Leo Bodnar 720p and 1080p on all cabs on our list.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Did you remove the protection glass for your test ? I suppose so, right ? Otherwise you would have gotten quite some fluctuating measurements.

maybe it would be smart to add the Monitor ID in your test, like this it is pretty useless.

@Shou why don`t you post the results from your tests ? Then we can compare.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

Interesting.

Running the Exa in a vewlix- What was your fastest IO board you found?
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

The Noir I/o is hammering the signals out as soon as you push a direction or a button, while it is sending much more signals, it has no noticable beneficial use, except LOS prevention maybe.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Shou

Post by Shou »

Jan wrote: September 27th, 2019, 4:53 pm Did you remove the protection glass for your test ? I suppose so, right ? Otherwise you would have gotten quite some fluctuating measurements.

maybe it would be smart to add the Monitor ID in your test, like this it is pretty useless.

@Shou why don`t you post the results from your tests ? Then we can compare.
When we have some time, we will do the tests again with all models and monitor builds that we have on hand
Shou

Post by Shou »

battlesmurf wrote: September 28th, 2019, 4:54 am

Interesting.

In our tests:
3.5ms - Noir
4.0ms - Sega JVS Type 3
7-8ms - Taito JVS IO (2 variations)
15-16ms - Sega JAMMA JVS IO, IONA-JS
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

Shou wrote: September 30th, 2019, 5:23 pm
battlesmurf wrote: September 28th, 2019, 4:54 am

Interesting.

In our tests:
3.5ms - Noir
4.0ms - Sega JVS Type 3
7-8ms - Taito JVS IO (2 variations)
15-16ms - Sega JAMMA JVS IO, IONA-JS

That is quite an impressive result, I felt inspired to look deeper into gaming monitors focusing on response time and refresh rates, for those who prefer to build their own home-made cabinet with Exa Arcadia motherboard:
https://displaylag.com/gaming-monitor-database/

From my understanding, both the monitor (display lag) and the IO board (input lag), as described from your article on minimizing input lag, are two separate components that add response times together. What is the acceptable range that is for casual gameplay sessions in arcades as well for hardcore? When I looked into the display lag website, it defines any monitors with 20ms input lag or less as Excellent and monitors with less than 42ms as Great.
EOJ
eBay: NA

Post by EOJ »

MrJBRPG wrote: September 30th, 2019, 9:58 pm
From my understanding, both the monitor (display lag) and the IO board (input lag), as described from your article on minimizing input lag, are two separate components that add response times together. What is the acceptable range that is for casual gameplay sessions in arcades as well for hardcore? When I looked into the display lag website, it defines any monitors with 20ms input lag or less as Excellent and monitors with less than 42ms as Great.
16ms = 1 frame. 3 frames of total input lag (=48ms) is the max acceptable lag for an arcade game IMO. The CAVE PCB games have 2 frames of lag, for comparison.
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Yoasi was telling me Garegga/batrider/bakraid hardware has 3 frames of lag :-o

I’ve never noticed them feeling any different to any other shmup
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

They're damn noticeable! Try comparing response with New Zealand Story ;)
kuze

Post by kuze »

:-o
markedkiller78 wrote: October 1st, 2019, 9:18 am Yoasi was telling me Garegga/batrider/bakraid hardware has 3 frames of lag :-o

I’ve never noticed them feeling any different to any other shmup
That actually makes sense to me, I've felt like these played a bit slow. On a CRT it's fine though, just takes adjusting and practice like anything else.
finisterre
Banned
eBay: nunya
Initials: KF

Post by finisterre »

Shou wrote: September 12th, 2019, 1:40 pm
Jan wrote: September 12th, 2019, 1:25 pm would you be so kind to post a short notice here once the pre-order go live ?
Yes
Thanks for giving us a heads up about changes to the pre-order status! :roll:
https://exa.ac/ja/distributors-jp/
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... ibutors-jp

Resellers are currently listed as follows:
"The total domestic sales of EXA boards are Safari Games Inc. and Kyowa Corporation .
Please contact these two companies for inquiries regarding orders and prices"
https://www.kyowa-corp.co.jp/
https://www.safarigames.com/
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

That’s always been the case for Japan. If you look at the English site, preorders are opening soon. ;)
finisterre
Banned

Post by finisterre »

SuperPang wrote: October 5th, 2019, 8:00 pm That’s always been the case for Japan. If you look at the English site, preorders are opening soon. ;)
Indeed the text had changed on the main page this morning from

"Where to Buy" to

"PRE-ORDER NOW-ORDER NOW"

Still blank unless you went to the JP

But yes... same info as in the pinned Tweet since January in essence.
finisterre
Banned

Post by finisterre »

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 3.07.01 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

Preorders are up, but uh... it's not exactly the $2000 for a game+kit that we'd anticipated. Tack on another $1,500. I don't see Aka & Blue listed as a launch title for the West, either.

https://exa.ac/en/shop/?v=7516fd43adaa

Do they charge when you order, or once it ships?

Edit: Charges when you order.