exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by SuperPang »

Going to hold off on this one. Jacob Reese Mogg has given me a weak pound.

When I'm less brassic I'll get Vritra first. Also, P-47 has put the cat amongst the pigeons. I had no interest in that game until reading about the the latest additions. Interested to see some gameplay of Kai mode, avec hypers.
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

Maybe I need to see more of it in action, but I don't know that I really "get" P47. Seems like a pretty milquetoast shooter at a glance. What made the original so notable that they needed to bring it back? Other than being able to hump the ground with your plane.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Unknownsou wrote: July 29th, 2022, 6:18 pm What made the original so notable that they needed to bring it back?
Trap15 seems to like seemingly counter-productive scoring quirks. :D
system11

Post by system11 »

That LE system is very pretty.
Random blog of stuff:
http://blog.system11.org
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

Nomax wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 8:06 am
Ddshot wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 7:06 am Does rumble storm have a tate option?
Unfortunately not.
That was literally the one thing that had me pause.

There's some neat games on the system and upcoming!
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Ddshot wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 9:59 am That is unfortunate,it actually looks like a decent shmup!
It's average at best. The PC version GOUBAKURAN can be had for $8 if you're interested.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Unknownsou wrote: July 26th, 2022, 7:32 am I needed a change of pace, so I started putting time into Infinos Exa. This game is really something special. The original mode is great, but the Exa mode is where the game really comes alive - it's got just the right amount of on-screen chaos at any given moment and the level designs I've seen so far have been pretty heavily polished up. The visuals are great (I'm a sucker for that Taito F3 look), the music is fantastic, and the controls are snappy. Just an immensely satisfying game to play.

Also, it doesn't kick my **** nearly as much as A&B. That's gotta count for something.
Happy to hear that you are enjoying this one.
Picorinne and ourselves put a lot of effort in getting that snappy control response (1 frame) and exhilarating feel.
The new Tsukumo arranged tracks hype you up and each subsequent stage is better than the last.
Good luck in hunting down the TLB.

We do plan a further update for tate support and aiming for 0 frame lag, a first since the analog days of old.
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

One can, of course, also hope that Andro Dunos II exA is in the cards 8-)
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Infinos is great, as is ADII. I think we'd have heard by now if there was an arcade version forthcoming.

Did anyone pick up the 2022 flyers by the way? Some unannounced games in there apparently.
https://exa.ac/product/exa-arcadia-a4-c ... 177369a3b7

Shame these can't ship with orders but I guess they don't fit in the box. In fact, I noticed you can't buy two kits together to save on shipping any more. Seems like shipping from Japan is a bit of a mess lately.
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

Shou wrote: July 30th, 2022, 4:04 pm
Unknownsou wrote: July 26th, 2022, 7:32 am I needed a change of pace, so I started putting time into Infinos Exa. This game is really something special. The original mode is great, but the Exa mode is where the game really comes alive - it's got just the right amount of on-screen chaos at any given moment and the level designs I've seen so far have been pretty heavily polished up. The visuals are great (I'm a sucker for that Taito F3 look), the music is fantastic, and the controls are snappy. Just an immensely satisfying game to play.

Also, it doesn't kick my **** nearly as much as A&B. That's gotta count for something.
Happy to hear that you are enjoying this one.
Picorinne and ourselves put a lot of effort in getting that snappy control response (1 frame) and exhilarating feel.
The new Tsukumo arranged tracks hype you up and each subsequent stage is better than the last.
Good luck in hunting down the TLB.

We do plan a further update for tate support and aiming for 0 frame lag, a first since the analog days of old.
Forgive my ignorance but how would tate work with infinos???im always up for more tate as my cab is tate,I do feel I don’t get to expand my exa library.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

With borders top and bottom. There's a pic of Kira Kira Star Night on exa.fan that shows how it would look like

https://exa.fan/2022/01/25/kirakiraexa/#toc2
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Yeah I get the boarders but infinos is a horizontal shmup,16x9 wouldnt you loose a lot of the play screen?or that the trade off for tate
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Kira Kira is 4:3 like Infinos.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Ah ok,have you tryed it in tate nem?very tempted to pick this up,also always liked the look of strania would prob be another pick up if tate was available
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I own Gimmick that has tate support, but I haven't actually ever tried it.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

nem wrote: July 31st, 2022, 1:45 pm I own Gimmick that has tate support, but I haven't actually ever tried it.
I seem to recall it's 16:9 in 9:16 as well. Now that's letterbox!
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Other option would be turn the monitor to yoko,but then I have to play sdoj,atb in yoko!!fair play to exa for making these games available no matter what the monitor orientation is
Nicole
eBay: nicolbranaga_0
Initials: NCX

Post by Nicole »

SuperPang wrote: July 31st, 2022, 1:47 pm
nem wrote: July 31st, 2022, 1:45 pm I own Gimmick that has tate support, but I haven't actually ever tried it.
I seem to recall it's 16:9 in 9:16 as well. Now that's letterbox!
Shikhondo is the opposite, 9:16 in 16:9 mode; it's pretty funny how little of the screen is used
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

I just turned the monitor to yoko,I had my doubts about playing atb,sdoj like this but it actually ok,thinking picking up vitra or infinos but can’t decide which one they both look cool,I may need to get both!also looking forward to astro ninja man
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Shikhondo is indeed waaaay more impressive in tate. Very pretty game.