exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Shou »

Cotton Rock 'n' Roll is rolling out next week.

Features
2 Player Mode added
Arrange Mode added
Input Lag Improved from 5+ frames on APM3/Console to 3 frames on exA
Load Time reduced (no more Now Loading screens)
Fixed some animations
8 Characters Selectable
16 Stages Playable

Trailer
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Ddshot wrote: February 11th, 2022, 2:51 pm Finally set up the exa on viewlix diamond black and gotta say it’s totally awesome sdoj looks and plays amazing I can’t feel any lag at all!big shout out to shou and exa it’s a great bit of kit,looking forward to future tate shmup releases,hope something like ibara black label comes to exa i rekon pink sweets would look amazing too or even something from m2!also any new shmups from new developers!aka to blue is next on my list I gonna order soon!
Ibara
Pink Sweets
Muchi
Battle Garegga
Battle Bakraid

Does everyone want the YGW games?

I know only Zak wants Deathsmiles II.
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

With so many Awsome shmups released over the years choosing just a few would be particularly difficult!!! :D
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

A YGW love fest compilation done well would tip my interest. (Inc Espgaluda 2 Arrange!)

Though I'd pay a wedge for a properly done Switch version (a la the Cave Xbox 360 box set, but on one cart) rather than arcade

Deathsmiles IIX just needs a fixed port.

What everyone wants is some way to play the original games properly without having to spend tens of thousands on old flakey hardware.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Well, without having to spend tens of thousands on a new pc with new ssd "cartridges" would be preferable to most too i think
Halloween Jack
Please Continue...

Post by Halloween Jack »

Wouldn't be too interested in the Battle series, as they're well covered by Mame and Shottriggers,
but Ibara Kuro would be pretty stylish.
Pink Sweets and Muchi too, but the issue for me is the lack of an HD offering. If this could be corrected and an exa exclusive series of Yagawa / Cave HD titles released, we'd have something pretty damn special!!!

HJ
Now Playing:

- Dodonpachi True Death Exa Label
- AKA&Blue
- Dai Ou Jou Black Label
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Halloween Jack wrote: February 12th, 2022, 10:05 am Wouldn't be too interested in the Battle series, as they're well covered by Mame and Shottriggers,
but Ibara Kuro would be pretty stylish.
Pink Sweets and Muchi too, but the issue for me is the lack of an HD offering. If this could be corrected and an exa exclusive series of Yagawa / Cave HD titles released, we'd have something pretty damn special!!!

HJ
Absolutely agree!
Buddyc
eBay: haver-san
Initials: BAD

Post by Buddyc »

Shou wrote: February 12th, 2022, 7:05 am

I know only Zak wants Deathsmiles II.
I agree 100% with Zak :awe:
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Shou wrote: February 12th, 2022, 7:05 am I know only Zak wants Deathsmiles II.
Who is this Zak fellow? Handsome guy? He definitely has good taste :lol:

@Buddyc :awe:

I think you would be surprised how many people would buy Deathsmiles 2

Package the cart in a mini limited edition coffin and you'll sell out!

On a serious note, a Deathsmiles 1+2+Mega Black Label set would probably be your most successful release. Probably the most accessible CAVE game for experts and novices.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

cools wrote: February 12th, 2022, 8:51 am A YGW love fest compilation done well would tip my interest. (Inc Espgaluda 2 Arrange!)

One game per cart surely.

I want HD games, so even though it's not a looker, a definitive arcade version of Deathsmiles II gets my vote.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

nem
buddyc
superpang (I speak for him now)
zak

That's 4 already @Shou!

And several French men for sure.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I dunno. Now that I know the DS2 PC is fixable (so long as you have the I/O and motherboard and keep the bugger cool), I'm not so fussed about that. Another port just came out, although its far from perfect. Not sure how accurate you could get the slowdown, what you could add in a new mode, or how much appetite for it there would be in Japan given it flopped hard the first time round. Also, it looked incredibly dated when it came out. No casual player is going to drop a coin in that with Cotton next to it.

CAVE wise, I would've thought it's going to have to be something with high res assets. Does that rule out the YGW games, or were the ports just being lazy? No Xbox 360 Ibara port to work with remember.

Espgaluda II is possibly my favourite CAVE title so I wouldn't mind that with BL and trap label. DFK could be more likely. OG Deathsmiles was a big hit for CAVE so you never know, that could be more likely than DS2.

TBH, I'm just hoping things pick up in arcades enough for G-rev to get back to work on Border Down EX or whatever else they had planned. I'm also interested to see what the plans are with the Tatsujin and Seibu licenses. Oh and are Tengo Project still up to something. :think:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

SuperPang wrote: February 12th, 2022, 12:27 pmor how much appetite for it there would be in Japan given it flopped hard the first time round.

Wasn't the DSII launch completely botched though? I seem to remember it being super easy and it was in a constant state of flux with updates afterwards. No idea what happened to their play testing before the release.

Of course if trap doesn't want to work with the property, then it's probably a lost cause.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

I would be in for Deathsmiles II too.

Is there love for YGW games only?
No love for Ketsui?
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

nem wrote: February 12th, 2022, 1:00 pm Wasn't the DSII launch completely botched though? I seem to remember it being super easy and it was in a constant state of flux with updates afterwards.
Yup. It was released unfinished. Multiple updates, bugs, hardware failures. Some were rental and some retail, for some reason. I think I read CAVE bought in new staff for the 3D work as well. They must've lost a ton of money.

The final game is very good but I imagine most arcades and players had had enough by then.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Nomax wrote: February 12th, 2022, 1:13 pm I would be in for Deathsmiles II too.

Is there love for YGW games only?
No love for Ketsui?
Ketsui is awsome!!M2 done such a great job porting it to PS4,would that make it in less demand for the arcade scene?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

nem wrote: February 12th, 2022, 12:04 pm
cools wrote: February 12th, 2022, 8:51 am A YGW love fest compilation done well would tip my interest. (Inc Espgaluda 2 Arrange!)

One game per cart surely.
Yeah, that's what *will* happen. With "enhancements" and changed gameplay.

I could just about justify my request to make a purchase to play at home. Single titles... Nah, I'll stick with MAME, I'm priced out of the market.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

The ygw/cave games are awsome I would luv to see at least 1 hit exa,but if I’m not mistaken didnt the ygw/cave games flop in arcades?sure I remember reading something that sales were not as good as cave expected also they didn’t make much for arcade operators,i could be wrong,but that was back then I’m sure they would have a bigger impact this time
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

Cotton RnR looks amazing.

I wonder.. ALESTE rebalanced (ALExaSTE) :penser:

Could there be interest for something similar to Triangle Service's Arcade Love but using CAVE I.P?

With regard to DS2 port, the slow down could be very accurately simulated if they profiled the game engine thru tests (perhaps A.I driven) whilst running on the original PC and used the results.
"Please contact the local attendant"
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

G-stream G2020 would be amazing!