Coin-operated games and arcades.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by SuperPang »

cools wrote: April 25th, 2021, 5:23 pm
Shou wrote: April 25th, 2021, 2:24 pm our dedicated 2P and 4P cabs.
Someone got pics of these?
redfield0009
Please Continue...
eBay: Robot_mountian_posters_and_gam
Initials: RFD

Post by redfield0009 »

I wonder if that's an official 4 player cab, or a custom cab like what they have at arcade galactic.

Interesting to see that the marquee and move strip have their own dedicated displays. It's got all the Dave and Busters flash to it. I might check my local D&B this weekend and see if they have one.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Seems the same company that did Arcade Galactic's are officially producing a couple of different models for Exa Arcadia. It has a menu button as well (presumably just bridges A+Start).
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

It's more like a console-like desk than a cab. And it'd be in a certain other gallery on this site if it didn't have an exa logo :roll:
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Oh it's pretty hideous alright, but look at the stuff around it. People are going to walk right past a Vewlix in there.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

SuperPang wrote: May 5th, 2021, 3:06 pm Oh it's pretty hideous alright, but look at the stuff around it. People are going to walk right past a Vewlix in there.
:lol:

I agree that this test-for-commercial 4 player cabinet does not look perfectly neat, most likely due to the more functional, yet tacky nature of pedestal cabinets without a bezel to cover the edges of the monitor. I do admit the test cabinet seems to be sleek and spell "amusement" with red and white lines with colors for buttons and joysticks. Not my kind of cabinet because I prefer small size and 2-4 player compact. (whenever I can truly afford the money and big enough space since I don't have my own house yet)

I did read the article that mentioned about the prototype test cabinet:
https://arcadeheroes.com/2021/05/04/spo ... et-design/

The only good thing about this kind of cabinet is that it perfectly caters to 2 and 4 player setups, mostly inspired by arcade-for-home cabinets with 3rd and 4th players at the edge while players 1 and 2 are at the center. That could also mean potential UI accommodations for any game that want to match player layout instead of the standard left to right order (alternatively, wire the players from left to right like the old days).
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

I'm wondering if we may see the Cotton reboot on exA. One can only hope! :awe:
"Please contact the local attendant"
redfield0009
Please Continue...
eBay: Robot_mountian_posters_and_gam
Initials: RFD

Post by redfield0009 »

I would have loved to see the New Metal Slug mobile game brought to the exa. It's stupid not to bring it back to arcades and a huge miss.
Halloween Jack
Please Continue...

Post by Halloween Jack »

Exciting day today. I received a Vritra Hexa LE and new wiring harness to go with the Exa I/O. So now I can play SDOJ and AKA&Blue with the lowest possible input lag. Props to Shou, Trap and the team for pulling together a truly elegant plug 'n' play package - even I could install it in a Vewlix without a problem!!!!

HJ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now Playing:

- Dodonpachi True Death Exa Label
- AKA&Blue
- Dai Ou Jou Black Label
Halloween Jack
Please Continue...

Post by Halloween Jack »

Grabbed a Vritra LE. Couldn't resist it after seeing the footage at the Shmupfes and prospect of further updates to the weapon system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now Playing:

- AKA&Blue
- Dai Ou Jou Black Label
Buddyc
eBay: haver-san
Initials: BAD

Post by Buddyc »

Great game!
Did you get the harness from Exa directly? I have a Diamond Black incoming and thinking about putting a EXA I/O in it. A pre made harness would be sweet :awe:
Halloween Jack
Please Continue...

Post by Halloween Jack »

Thanks - yes, I sourced the harness direct from Exa. But I think that there may be a compatibility issue with the SFV version of the Diamond Black. It's worth a conversation with Shou before committing, as the harness is quite expensive.

Great to hear that you're bringing home a Diamond Black - absolultely beautiful cabinet 😎👍

HJ
Now Playing:

- AKA&Blue
- Dai Ou Jou Black Label
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

That Exa board looks great. I like the look of Vritra. Will hopefully get it next time the Vewlix goes Yoko. I'd love a second one but I'm out of space and don't want to sacrifice another cab. Wouldn't seem right playing it on the NNC.
Halloween Jack
Please Continue...

Post by Halloween Jack »

Thanks Pang, pleased that you like my new acquisition.
Yes, a second Vewlix for the horis is a must. I see Mo has a new shipment of Diamond Blue's for £1600 + vat each. May be worth a punt....

I'm in the same boat, just awaiting my Diamond Black and then the dragon weapons can be fired up 😎👍

HJ
Now Playing:

- AKA&Blue
- Dai Ou Jou Black Label
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

On the exA IO Vewlix harness, it works with most Vewlix models. Diamond Blacks that came with SFV out of the factory have different wiring for the USB IO than what the Fast IO or Taito JVS IO use. Cabs that were converted to SFV generally have compatible wiring. Magician’s Dead cabinets have conversion wiring that is compatible as well. The USB IO conversion cables just need to be removed.

If you’re buying a Diamond Black cab, check with your seller and get a picture of the inside of the control panel. That will be the easiest way for Support to help you.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

Nice, but will they add the missing animation frames for the final release?
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

CTN wrote: May 26th, 2021, 8:33 pm Nice, but will they add the missing animation frames for the final release?
:awe:
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

Oh dear, that looks terrible.
jase

Post by jase »

I'm getting a bit of a 90's SNK vibe, it reminds me of Art of Fighting and even 3 Count Bout. The animation is a bit lacking at this stage, but I do like the look of it and think it has potential.