exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Nomax »

nem wrote: December 26th, 2020, 2:15 pm Yeah, I'm absolutely positive no normal person could ever tell the difference between IOs. We're talking a difference of, I don't know, 4-8ms, at most?

The Axun supergun is really cool, however, if you just want one for exA, it is way overkill. Personally I would just grab a Sega Type 1 IO. Those are really common as they came with Naomi Universals and they cost very little. You just need to feed it +5V. You could connect or solder a chopped USB cable to the power in pins (CN7). Then just connect or solder your controls to the digital inputs. If you want to connect, you can use cheap Dupont pins and connectors.
Of course, C-box is overkill, I use it mainly to test the new PCBs I receive, our arcade cabinets being stored far from home. I love it's versality! If I wanted to play the exA on a TV, I would have attached a Sega JVS I/O with a Naomi control panel to it and just use that.
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

Grinning Cat wrote: December 27th, 2020, 11:17 pm I'd definitely just use the built-in Sega I/O too, if I had a C-Box :) Miniscule lag differences aside, it would just be a lot neater. I'm really happy with my HAS...but by the time you have a separate arcade PSU (and then things like I/Os) - an all-in-one supergun like the C-Box would just be miles cleaner. Would also be nice to use Saturn and Sigma sticks without adaptors. I may end up grabbing one eventually, anyway. They look like great units...but maybe not exclusively for exA.

Forget Saturn sticks, they are all ****, even Sega's Virtua Stick (there's a good revision but except if you get it in like-new condition, it won't play that great). On the other hand, there are very good Sigma sticks around like the Sunga Arcade Fightstick (Real Arcade Vista G4) which is equipped with Sanwa parts and is not very expensive.
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

Nomax wrote: December 28th, 2020, 8:58 pm
Grinning Cat wrote: December 27th, 2020, 11:17 pm I'd definitely just use the built-in Sega I/O too, if I had a C-Box :) Miniscule lag differences aside, it would just be a lot neater. I'm really happy with my HAS...but by the time you have a separate arcade PSU (and then things like I/Os) - an all-in-one supergun like the C-Box would just be miles cleaner. Would also be nice to use Saturn and Sigma sticks without adaptors. I may end up grabbing one eventually, anyway. They look like great units...but maybe not exclusively for exA.

Forget Saturn sticks, they are all ****, even Sega's Virtua Stick (there's a good revision but except if you get it in like-new condition, it won't play that great). On the other hand, there are very good Sigma sticks around like the Sunga Arcade Fightstick (Real Arcade Vista G4) which is equipped with Sanwa parts and is not very expensive.
Apologies, that was poorly phrased on my part :oops: I don't actually use any Saturn sticks...but I am a sucker for using a Japanese Saturn pad for a lot of things (heresy, I know) :shifty: I would like to re-buy some Sigma Σ3TB sticks (think the SKU used to be 9000TB). I did have a couple back when I had a AV-7000 (and they're awesome sticks)...but I stupidly sold them.
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

Nippon Marathon Turbo and Blazing Chrome AC pre-orders are open!
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

Nomax wrote: December 29th, 2020, 10:41 pm Nippon Marathon Turbo and Blazing Chrome AC pre-orders are open!
blazing chrome is tempting. I liked it on consoles, so I'm kinda curious as to what else was added/changed.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

battlesmurf wrote: December 31st, 2020, 1:59 am blazing chrome is tempting. I liked it on consoles, so I'm kinda curious as to what else was added/changed.
ICYMI
Featuring an all new exclusive soundtrack from Super Contra composer, Motoaki Furukawa, and 5 selectable characters including arcade exclusive, Zaku who joins from Oniken.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

so hands down, we need a Crimzon Clover - EXA Edition :think:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I ran into an interview that’s also quoted on the first pages of this thread that had a price estimate of <2k for pc+game. One or two years later the introduction was at >4k. That’s quite the margin of error. Was that a marketing decision?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

arcnl wrote: January 1st, 2021, 2:46 pm I ran into an interview that’s also quoted on the first pages of this thread that had a price estimate of <2k for pc+game. One or two years later the introduction was at >4k. That’s quite the margin of error. Was that a marketing decision?
It's $3.5k-$4k depending on your choice of game. I think it was simply a wishful underestimate. When you're buying these things for home use it's easy to think HOW MUCH? but the games are very competitively priced compared to other arcade hardware.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

MrJBRPang
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

:shh:
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

Jan wrote: January 1st, 2021, 3:26 pmMrJBRPang
It's contagious. :P
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

Jan wrote: January 1st, 2021, 9:27 am so hands down, we need a Crimzon Clover - EXA Edition :think:
I'd day one that monster.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Deathsmiles 3, please.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

tldr
Customers received a higher quality, more powerful system than originally conceived
Lower prices/margins in a niche market mean less money made and is not worth the time for public traded companies like Capcom, Cave, namco, etc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For startup or trivia buffs:

Many things changed over the development of the product before release.
We started working on this in the Fall of 2017.
The system launched with Aka & Blue Type-R on November 27, 2019.
Dodonpachi SDOJ shipped on November 27, 2020, Gimmick! shipped on December 27, 2020.

In 2 years, we shipped original hardware with a AAA shooter that hit top 3 income ranks in Japan.
WithIn 1 year from launch, we created internal development teams that launched 2 highly acclaimed titles.
In Year 4 of our story, we hope to reach another new milestone with all of you.

PS: CLOVER-TAC was in the office a few weeks ago.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Awesome 🙂
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Yeah, I have a really hard time picturing that these would be selling that much better at 2K. 3.5K for the motherboard and a game is a good deal for an op.
Shou wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 6:27 amIn Year 4 of our story, we hope to reach another new milestone with all of you.
My guess is original IP!
ArcadeSTG

Post by ArcadeSTG »

Shou wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 6:27 am PS: CLOVER-TAC was in the office a few weeks ago.
New shmup by CLOVER-TAC?

A piece of Akihabara in your Home?
http://akihabarainhome.com
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

zak wrote: January 1st, 2021, 10:28 pm Deathsmiles 3, please.
for the game or the 180cm POP?

:lol:
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

:lol: