exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by SuperPang »

I think (someone correct me if I’m wrong) the HDMI port outputs video and audio.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Since you're just using the IO for controls, you could pick up any IO board and skip the supergun entirely. You just have to make an adapter between your supergun controller and the digital inputs on the IO, and wire a small +5V / +12V PSU to power the thing.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

For any of you concerned about input lag, several developers have explained their process on cutting down input lag:

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... 8#p1403608

One developer behind "Gimmick! Exact-Mix!" discovered that major source comes from the JVS IO boards, with polling and buffering that causes delayed reading of inputs, and how far away you're working from the graphic calls and drivers, with OpenGL giving most access and control vs pre-baked engines (Unity, Unreal, Game Maker Studio, etc.) that automates and hides low-level details from the developers asynchronously.
You can get more details from the link above.

I feel happy about those responses to increase our knowledge and better optimize on input lag.

Also discovered recent tweet from developer behind Vritra Hexa, with a new stage and boss under WIP (work in progress).
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

SuperPang wrote: March 19th, 2020, 6:49 pm I believe it adds less lag than the Capcom one.
I take it back..
mikejmoffitt wrote:The Sega "Type B" IO with the built-in JAMMA is pretty awful in this regard. The Capcom one is a bit better, but it double-buffers internally still. So far, the best has been the Sega "Type 3" Lindberg IO, and some of the Taito Vewlix ones.
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1403617
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Post by mufunyo »

nem wrote: March 20th, 2020, 10:12 amSince you're just using the IO for controls, you could pick up any IO board and skip the supergun entirely. You just have to make an adapter between your supergun controller and the digital inputs on the IO, and wire a small +5V / +12V PSU to power the thing.
The Sega Rev B only requires 5 volts, I would expect other I/O models to behave similarly (worst case the audio circuit won't power on).
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

mufunyo wrote: March 20th, 2020, 1:50 pmThe Sega Rev B only requires 5 volts, I would expect other I/O models to behave similarly (worst case the audio circuit won't power on).
Sega JVS IOs run on +5V, however, Taito JVS IO needs +12V, so that's why I mentioned both.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Unsurprisingly, the May "EXA festival" event has been cancelled. Looks like they were planning to showcase new titles at other events including CAX and EVO as well. Such a shame. COVID is a real kick in the balls for the arcade industry.

https://exa.ac/en/2020/03/31/exa-arcadi ... 177369a3b7
Kretinou
eBay: Perklorik
Initials: JIC

Post by Kretinou »

nem wrote: March 20th, 2020, 10:12 am Since you're just using the IO for controls, you could pick up any IO board and skip the supergun entirely. You just have to make an adapter between your supergun controller and the digital inputs on the IO, and wire a small +5V / +12V PSU to power the thing.
:awe:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Kretinou wrote: April 1st, 2020, 2:35 pm :awe:
Not quite what I had in mind, but I like what you've done! :awe:

BTW, you don't need the +12V. It's just there to drive lamps. The actual IO runs on +5V.
Kretinou
eBay: Perklorik
Initials: JIC

Post by Kretinou »

Thank you, it's not my work but it's mine. :D. It requires to be embellished now.

To be honest, this adapter is for my chewlix, to play a ringedge 2 system with 6 buttons (and tx2 too). I am not mentally and financially ready for an exa system. :lol:
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

New game announced: NOISZ ARC⌖CODA, a rhythm/bullet hell shmup hybrid by the developers of Pump It Up Infinity and NeonFM: http://www.arcadebelgium.net/t6275-noisz-arccoda

arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Could be suitable for a western arcade with a control panel with buttons to smash i guess.
It’s 14,99 on steam for the rest of us.
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

Seems interesting enough.... provided, of course, that it's substantially different from the Steam version.

Music games are one of my favorite genres, though, so cool to see something along those lines.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

The first production run of exA-Arcadia motherboards is sold out, more than 200 units have been sold in 10 different countries.

Distributors are taking pre-orders for the next batch.

Game cartridges are still in stock

Let's find the 10 countries, I know at least 7 of them:
- Japan
- USA
- Germany
- France
- Belgium
- UK
- Spain
What are the remaining 3?

Who has an exA here?

https://exa.ac/en/2020/04/15/exa-arcadi ... 177369a3b7
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Wait, what? I thought that it was selling superb in Japan?
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

I assume by 200 locations they mean 200 public arcades, not 200 places including Pang and Zak’s houses.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

nem has /had one for his place so that would be a proper location

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I wouldn't be surprised if they included private owners in that figure. How can they know if someone bought it for their home or are operating it a location?

Anyway, would be interesting to know what the split is between Japan and the rest of the world.

For me, exA has been a complete dud. However, I went in to it expecting as much, and I'm still happy I purchased one. Hopefully the future holds exciting titles that aren't doujin shmups or fighting games. Those are a hard sell to casual audiences in the west. Oh, and games should never be 1P only.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I’d love to see sales numbers for something like fight of gods
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

arcnl wrote: April 16th, 2020, 5:25 pm I’d love to see sales numbers for something like fight of gods
Here you go: