Dexa

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Dexa »

direct feed videos from mikado:

waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

A&B looks very very nice :awe:
The other game though seems a bit cheap to be on an arcade machine IMHO :problem:

Small issue though, at 8:26 on Aka&Blue there is a Windows10 screen showing. The game crashed :wtf:
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

waiwainl wrote:Small issue though, at 8:26 on Aka&Blue there is a Windows10 screen showing. The game crashed :wtf:
Some quality control right there. :lol:
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Mantrox wrote:What we know about the collectors editions is limited to a quote by Shou himself on an interview.

Interviewer:
Will kits be available in different editions (bare bone for operators and collector's edition for individuals)? If so, what sort of extras can we expect in collector's editions?
Shou:
We will be doing very limited runs for collector's editions featuring exclusive motherboard casing, soundtracks, posters, autographed kits by the developers, numbered polaroid with the developers and more. If anyone has requests, we are always listening.

Full interview.

I have asked about the selling process and available distributors around the globe but haven't got an answer yet.
Limited Editions will be direct sales only via our site for all overseas buyers - Japanese buyers is a different story but shouldn't affect anyone here!

We will try to meet collector demand in a fair manner. That being said, it would be good to know how many people outside Japan are interested so we will set up a sign up list in the near future.
Do note that Aka & Blue will come out in July at the earliest (they like to say Fall).
Mantrox
eBay: Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Thanks for the info.
I would like to clarify one point about the sale.
Will the goods be shipped from Japan?

If they will, all the European players/collectors will have to pay the heavy customs fees (23-25% sometimes more).
I am asking because, for the average Joe, the Board+Game price will already be a budget stretch; add the shipping and customs fees, and it may leave the product out of reach for some (including me).
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Shou wrote: Do note that Aka & Blue will come out in July at the earliest (they like to say Fall).
July? Blimey. Not sure where I read November.

I hope it won't be one of these games that has regular updates for bug fixes and extra levels added, as seems to be the current trend.
Mantrox wrote:Thanks for the info.

If they will, all the European players/collectors will have to pay the heavy customs fees (23-25% sometimes more).
I am asking because, for the average Joe, the Board+Game price will already be a budget stretch; add the shipping and customs fees, and it may leave the product out of reach for some (including me).
The taxes will have to be paid somewhere even if they arrange European distribution.
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Of course, but i would prefer to not have to deal with customs in my country as they have the habit of arbitrarily applying the highest tax they can find in the book for any reason they can come up with.

And also i have had delivery delays of up to 5-6 months.

If the sale is made within the EU space, the delivery is fast and i have 0 problems.
Dexa

Post by Dexa »

SuperPang wrote: The taxes will have to be paid somewhere even if they arrange European distribution.
not if you use the Chinese shipping routes like Bulgaria and UK (eg gearbest, banggood) :awe:
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

SuperPang wrote:
Shou wrote: Do note that Aka & Blue will come out in July at the earliest (they like to say Fall).

I hope it won't be one of these games that has regular updates for bug fixes and extra levels added, as seems to be the current trend.

The taxes will have to be paid somewhere even if they arrange European distribution.

We will not release games that are not feature complete.

Let me know what’s the best route for shipping and tax. We will make it happen as best as we can. Caveat being that we may have to print boxes and art sets in your region meaning you will get something slightly different.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

oh no , please no Export artwork :cry:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Shou wrote:
SuperPang wrote:

We will not release games that are not feature complete.

Let me know what’s the best route for shipping and tax. We will make it happen as best as we can. Caveat being that we may have to print boxes and art sets in your region meaning you will get something slightly different.

I'd rather pay the extra 20% and get it all from the source.

I imagine printing boxes and art sets in another country will still add to the cost and negate the 20% saving on tax.
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

It is possible to get ~£300 return flights to Tokyo if you are super lucky and are in and out in 24hours :awe: :lol:
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Shou wrote:Let me know what’s the best route for shipping and tax. We will make it happen as best as we can. Caveat being that we may have to print boxes and art sets in your region meaning you will get something slightly different.
Probably there isn't an easy way of doing this that doesn't involve leaving someone disatisfied, either about the product or the price.
The scenario i was imagining was exA having a distribution partner just to accomodate some stock inside Europe, and sell from there. I am of course talking out of my rear end, since i don't know anything about making such arrangements.

One thing that could be arranged would probably be a group buy for European gamers/collectors that are on the "pre-order list", and ship to the location that has the lowest tax. Maybe most people has the cash to spare and doesn't even want to bother with that.

If i import it, it's probably gonna end up being 2500€ to get it to my door, and i just don't have the money for it.
Well, i'll just have to deal with it.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Mantrox wrote: One thing that could be arranged would probably be a group buy for European gamers/collectors that are on the "pre-order list", and ship to the location that has the lowest tax.
shipping within europe with a insurance value of 2000€ will probably set you back 50-75€, not sure if that`ll pay out.
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

Dexa wrote:
SuperPang wrote: The taxes will have to be paid somewhere even if they arrange European distribution.
not if you use the Chinese shipping routes like Bulgaria and UK (eg gearbest, banggood) :awe:

Nope, anything bought from gearbest regardless of the shipping route is taxed in Portugal, they don't care about that, lol.

You guys don't imagine what we Portuguese folks have to put up with :problem:
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Jan wrote:shipping within europe with a insurance value of 2000€ will probably set you back 50-75€, not sure if that`ll pay out.
Yeah, sure.
That's why a distributor for each continent would be better to deal with, but if everybody ends up getting a slightly different product ( in terms of the collectibles), it's a moot point.

Guess, i'll just have to wait and see.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

I hate the idea of differences between the versions and be it only the color of the box.
Dexa

Post by Dexa »

dont forget the individual customs policies of each country.
Germany for example has specific regulations like the requirement of CE labels, german manuals and other stuff if you are shipping directly from asia (or any other place thats not inside the EU).
Other countries are very strict on that as well.

I guess you dont want to deal with having a package with such value locked in some kind of shipping loop from the customs back to asia.... :mad:
Last edited by Dexa on February 16th, 2018, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

that`s why i go with UPS or Fedex only on high Price items.
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Jan wrote:that`s why i go with UPS or Fedex only on high Price items.
Yep, even though they charge between 30-50€ for the customs clearance service on top of everything else, the delivery/customs processing, is much MUCH faster and reliable.