exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
kazuo

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by kazuo »

Did DS1 earn well in Arcades? I could see a DS 1/2 compilation happening for that reason, if nothing else, but DS2 sounds like a tough sell on its own. Poorly received by players, didn't earn, just not a good game.

I could see a Squawkers remake happening because Trap loves the game. A new Metal Slug would be great! No remakes, please. Hoping Garou 2 is 2D (doubt it), and maybe it could make it to EXA? That'd be interesting for sure.

My actual wants for EXA that would get me to finally pull the trigger? Senko no Ronde 3 and TGM4. :awe:
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

Shou wrote: August 11th, 2022, 6:12 am
ChrisBEANS wrote: August 10th, 2022, 12:55 pm I think I said elsewhere in the thread that Metal Slug exA would be my reason to purchase an exA in the first place.

There are a couple of games on the system that I’m up for, but not enough to make me invest right now.

I don’t agree with the above though… (firstly, MS2>MSX 😎)

Let’s have a legit Metal Slug 8. All new levels, and huge new boss fights. Get @trap15 involved (thanks for the MS2 Turbo patch), as many OG artists and developers involved as possible, maybe even conclude the mainline story (Morden and Allen O’Neil playable against the Martians?!).

That’s the best case scenario fantasy.

Sorry… I got carried away :lolno:

Edit: oooooobviously, still 2D pixel art!
Geostorm exA Label
okay, buddy- now you're on to something.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Shou wrote: August 11th, 2022, 6:12 am
ChrisBEANS wrote: August 10th, 2022, 12:55 pm I think I said elsewhere in the thread that Metal Slug exA would be my reason to purchase an exA in the first place.

There are a couple of games on the system that I’m up for, but not enough to make me invest right now.

I don’t agree with the above though… (firstly, MS2>MSX 😎)

Let’s have a legit Metal Slug 8. All new levels, and huge new boss fights. Get @trap15 involved (thanks for the MS2 Turbo patch), as many OG artists and developers involved as possible, maybe even conclude the mainline story (Morden and Allen O’Neil playable against the Martians?!).

That’s the best case scenario fantasy.

Sorry… I got carried away :lolno:

Edit: oooooobviously, still 2D pixel art!
Geostorm exA Label
👀
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

No lolis in Geostorm. Clearly where the money is still at in Japan.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

The company I work for spent about 600k on dedicated video at the start of the year for the UK market.
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

Hi, I am delighted with my exA-Arcadia but I want to know if it is possible to start it without going through the game selection menu.

I love turning on my terminals all together in my gaming room and it's annoying to have this menu on my egret3.

I tested the autoboot option in the menu of the mobo with only one game inserted but I still arrive on the selection menu.

Did I miss a step or is it just not possible??
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

needaes wrote: August 13th, 2022, 6:52 am Hi, I am delighted with my exA-Arcadia but I want to know if it is possible to start it without going through the game selection menu.

I love turning on my terminals all together in my gaming room and it's annoying to have this menu on my egret3.

I tested the autoboot option in the menu of the mobo with only one game inserted but I still arrive on the selection menu.

Did I miss a step or is it just not possible??
If you have multiple games in the system, choose Auto Start > Random. This will randomly boot one of the games in the system after 5 minutes.

Auto Start > Single will only automatically start 1 cart plugged into the system after 5 minutes.
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

thx @Shou :)
system11

Post by system11 »

SuperPang wrote: August 11th, 2022, 1:03 pm No lolis in Geostorm. Clearly where the money is still at in Japan.
Just change the main character, done.
Random blog of stuff:
http://blog.system11.org
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

Shou wrote: August 11th, 2022, 6:11 am

Touhou Perfect Sakura Fantastica like you said brought a whole different demographic to arcades in Japan with lines all day from morning to close. Operators haven’t seen anything like this since the pandemic started or even for a shooter much less a joystick arcade game. It’s bigger than Cave, Raizing etc all combined.
Wow! Congrats on the sucess! Well deserved and truly great to hear arcades can still pull some punches! :D
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Preorders are open for P-47: https://exa.ac/product/p-47-aces-mkii-s ... 177369a3b7

It's priced at $1,500.
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Double post but... bleh, whatever.

Managed to 1CC Infinos EXA on Exa Mode. What a great game. It's just such a satisfying experience thanks to the variety in the levels, and the Exa mode really puts up a good fight. It's also kinda nice to play a shooter that isn't a bullet hell. Would love to see more games like this.

Edit: Also, I went back and played Original mode again. Woof. That really highlights the difference between an indie game and an arcade-quality shooter. It's fine enough and at a glance, looks pretty similar, but the difference in gameplay is staggering. Kind of reminds me of the leap from Melty Blood to Act Cadenza and other indie fighters that went the arcade route back in the day.
Buddyc
eBay: haver-san
Initials: BAD

Post by Buddyc »

Got this beauty today. Fantastic game @Shou
216CFD0F-E34F-4060-9F75-B6D08B5DC9DC.jpeg

Looks fantastic on a tate CRT!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

Unknownsou wrote: August 17th, 2022, 2:03 am Double post but... bleh, whatever.

Managed to 1CC Infinos EXA on Exa Mode. What a great game. It's just such a satisfying experience thanks to the variety in the levels, and the Exa mode really puts up a good fight. It's also kinda nice to play a shooter that isn't a bullet hell. Would love to see more games like this.

Edit: Also, I went back and played Original mode again. Woof. That really highlights the difference between an indie game and an arcade-quality shooter. It's fine enough and at a glance, looks pretty similar, but the difference in gameplay is staggering. Kind of reminds me of the leap from Melty Blood to Act Cadenza and other indie fighters that went the arcade route back in the day.
I’m happy to hear this as I finally ended up picking up infinos and vritra,I decided to show my exa some luv!p47 aces is looking great think that’s gonna be my next pick up once funds suffice!!
Last edited by Ddshot on August 17th, 2022, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

Buddyc wrote: August 17th, 2022, 3:00 pm Got this beauty today. Fantastic game @Shou

Awsome!!
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Ddshot wrote: August 17th, 2022, 3:15 pm

I’m happy to hear this as I finally ended up picking up infinos and vritra,I decided to show my exa some luv!p47 aces is looking great think that’s gonna be my next pick up once funds suffice!!
I really want to pick up Vritra Hexa - game looks so fun. I ended up grabbing Cotton Rock n Roll instead, which I still need to actually play. I've seen precisely no discussion of the Exa version's arrange mode, so I'm curious what that even entails.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Glad to see this one being appreciated and understanding that arcade touch. We worked quite closely with Picorinne on the EXA mode to really get that arcade feeling of a horizontal shooter from the 90’s. There are a lot of subtle things that really make it feel like an arcade game which is one of the ways we help our 3rd parties make arcade appropriate titles. Did you find the TLB? If not, the key is the stage 6 boss. The TLB stage is crazy.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Buddyc wrote: August 17th, 2022, 3:00 pm Got this beauty today. Fantastic game @Shou

What kind of CRT are you using?
Shou

Post by Shou »

Unknownsou wrote: August 17th, 2022, 10:43 pm I really want to pick up Vritra Hexa - game looks so fun. I ended up grabbing Cotton Rock n Roll instead, which I still need to actually play. I've seen precisely no discussion of the Exa version's arrange mode, so I'm curious what that even entails.
Besides the exclusively added 2 player mode and half the input lag of other versions, Cotton Rock n Roll’s Extra Arrange rebalances all characters in a much more Cave like shooting experience. Certain characters who were weak in the original game are buffed to be useable and other characters like Psyvariar have changed mechanics to more closely resemble their original game (you wiggle the stick to increase her buzz barrier in this mode, the more you wiggle, the bigger the barrier hit box becomes).
Buddyc
eBay: haver-san
Initials: BAD

Post by Buddyc »

Shou wrote: August 18th, 2022, 11:04 am

What kind of CRT are you using?
My trusty New Net City with a Toshiba tube and PD1843 chassis. A combo for kings and best friends with my Exa.