Windy City
eBay: yosai

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by yosai »

ChrisBEANS wrote: August 27th, 2021, 11:44 pm
wombat wrote: August 27th, 2021, 5:13 pm
Keeping my fingers crossed for a brand new Metal Slug exA
That would get me on board!!!

I’m just looking into this now… I read that it’s compatible with 4:3 31kHz CRT cabinets. I’ve googled and can’t final anyone doing this. Is it actually possible, or are all of these machines run on Vewlix cabs or flat panel screens?
This was posted quite a few pages back.
DyOYTaLVYAA6BQU.jpg large.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

There are quite a few examples if you google something like "exa arcadia crt" on google images.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

I ran the exA-Arcadia in a NAOMI cabinet and it looked better than in that picture.

I've used this adapter: http://www.yiwentec.com/YIWENTEC-Active ... show1.html

It was recommended to me by Needaes, and it works great.

Any of them will do, just be sure to buy an active DAC.
Buddyc
eBay: haver-san
Initials: BAD

Post by Buddyc »

I use a cheap HDMI to VGA converter like this.

Exa looks fantastic on my NNC(I know… it looks like a Net City, but it is a NNC :awe: )
BDFFF47D-0EF7-4CA1-A24D-A1F729E52DDB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

My wishlist for the exA x SNK partnership releases:

- Garou 2 (don't know the state of development).
- a "best of" Metal Slug game with the best ideas and sequences of the previous episodes.
- An uncensored version of Samurai Shodown VI (the one on Atomiswave)
- Enhanced and rebalanced version of the Samurai Spirits game released on NESiCAxLive2 to make it a great game.
- The King of Fighter XV Arcade Ver.
- A modern version of League Bowling (will have a hard time to recreate such funny animations)
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

markedkiller78 wrote: August 28th, 2021, 9:15 am I think superpang might have it / had it, in a new net city
Yup.
viewtopic.php?p=533168#p533168

I'm using one of the cheap Amazon DACs. I imagine there's something better out there but I don't think anyone has dared compare a bunch of unknowns because monitors.
Dache

Post by Dache »

So, is there anything unique to the SSV release that wasn't in the version from the Collection a couple of years ago? Aside from being the first official arcade version of it.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Dache wrote: August 28th, 2021, 7:53 pm So, is there anything unique to the SSV release that wasn't in the version from the Collection a couple of years ago?
I could see them adding the uncensored overkills back in (it's pretty low hanging fruit). What else though is a good question.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

nem wrote: August 29th, 2021, 11:54 am
Dache wrote: August 28th, 2021, 7:53 pm So, is there anything unique to the SSV release that wasn't in the version from the Collection a couple of years ago?
I could see them adding the uncensored overkills back in (it's pretty low hanging fruit). What else though is a good question.
Maybe Exa Arcadia may have more artistic pixel liberty to add in additional clean cut blood and minor gore along with polishing up the character storylines for English and Japanese and then call this releaser Samurai Showdown V ARCADE PERFECT

----------

When looking at another forum, some folks believe a short print run from SNK for that game in MVS /AES cart may be a great pipe dream, but as @nem pointed out, Exa Arcadia has received the license from SNK to develop a new arcade version of Samurai Showdown V Perfect.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

So, I’ve looked into this a bit more thoroughly than when I posted earlier… honestly, there’s not enough here to interest me enough to pay as much as it would cost to get into exA.

However, the partnership with SNK is really pushing my buttons!!

Not so fussed on SSV Perfect. I have the ROM on my NeoSD running on a U4, and I can’t see any exclusive content additions being enough to open my wallet that wide, but if as mentioned by others here, they were to licence a new Metal Slug arcade exclusive, and Garou 2 I’m in. Last Blade 3, anyone??

I think there are probably a lot of people in a similar position to me who would be pushed over the edge for such titles too.
Only thing is, getting a licence is one thing, but getting OG developers on board to keep things authentic is probably another beast altogether.

I know I’m super late to the party here, but it’s really interesting to see new arcade hardware like this, and it would be very exciting to get big developers/publishers like Konami and Capcom involved too!!

The golden age of arcades is behind us forever, but there’s potential for real cult classic stuff here. I’ll be paying attention, if for no other reason than FOMO!
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

Nomax wrote: August 28th, 2021, 11:22 am I ran the exA-Arcadia in a NAOMI cabinet and it looked better than in that picture.

I've used this adapter: http://www.yiwentec.com/YIWENTEC-Active ... show1.html

It was recommended to me by Needaes, and it works great.

Any of them will do, just be sure to buy an active DAC.
Doesn't cheap converter add latency and lag? Or even a good converter that does digital > analog will do that. I thought EXA had straight analog output along the digital.

ChrisBEANS wrote: August 29th, 2021, 7:01 pm Last Blade 3, anyone??

The golden age of arcades is behind us forever
1. Yes! 8-)

2. Nah, there's room to make it diamond or platinum. You just have to figure out where to go next.
buffi

Post by buffi »

aerobert wrote: August 31st, 2021, 10:39 am I thought EXA had straight analog output along the digital.
Nope
trap15
Please Continue...
eBay: trap0xf
Initials: TRP

Post by trap15 »

Any half decent DAC adds exactly zero latency, there is no reason for a DAC to do so.
Daifukkat.su Blog | Twitter
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Exa Arcadia on Location Test at Round 1 USA Puente Hills Mall from August 31st to September 13th.
Took weekend flight trip for this purpose only.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

That's some dedication right there MrJBRPG. Thanks for the footage.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Overall, being part of the location test event was all worth it, and all the games run very smooth and are arcade hard.

I actually played all 16 available games, except Chaos Code Exact Xeno Attack and Kira Kira Starry Night EXA due to them not being available.

At least I enjoyed the games there at the location test site. I enjoy any arcade video games that allow me to select a stage to play over and over, such as Gimmick Exact Mix, Psyvariar Delta AC (2 stages since the levels are short), Aka & Blue Type Revolution, and Blazing Chrome (select first 4 stages)

I am not really good at fighting games at all, and the new platform delivered in lots of different games, even if the current lineup is mostly shooting games. The four player dedicated arcade cabinet looks nicely sleek for the pedestal, especially the layout which accommodates both fighting and four player games.

———— earlier updates ————

UPDATE: ROUND 1 Puente Hills Mall has fixed the monitor issue causing the frame rate drop, and all games run butter smooth again, including Lightning Knights.

This might be a good lesson for games relying on frame rate dependency:

Slower frame rate makes it easier to clear the game, but can make it too easy for arcades.

Looks like Lightning Knights suffers from fame rate dependency slowdown.

I have not noticed that dependency effect on other games inside the 4 player cabinet. All the others are likely frame rate independent.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Resting the bare PCB on top of the motherboard case :eh:

That's a neat thing though.
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

Wow, I need one of those!

I'll probably hot glue mine to the motherboard case, though...just to be safe :lolno: