Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Nomax »

redfield0009 wrote: March 1st, 2022, 6:43 am
EOJ wrote: February 28th, 2022, 7:56 pm
SuperPang wrote: February 28th, 2022, 5:25 pm https://exa.fan/
Nice fan site. Includes a handy list of the latest versions of games.
It also lists the input lag of every game, which is pretty nice: https://exa.fan/exaversion/
How do we get our carts upgraded? I have A&B and want to upgrade to 1.2.0T, but exa isn't returning emails.
Which e-mail address are you using? support@exa.ac has to be used for update requests.
redfield0009
Please Continue...
eBay: Robot_mountian_posters_and_gam
Initials: RFD

Post by redfield0009 »

Nomax wrote: March 1st, 2022, 9:34 am
EOJ wrote: February 28th, 2022, 7:56 pm

It also lists the input lag of every game, which is pretty nice: https://exa.fan/exaversion/
How do we get our carts upgraded? I have A&B and want to upgrade to 1.2.0T, but exa isn't returning emails.
Which e-mail address are you using? support@exa.ac has to be used for update requests.
Oh thanks man! I was just using the "contact" feature on their site.
RandomRetro
Please Continue...
eBay: carnick10
Initials: RNR

Post by RandomRetro »

redfield0009 wrote: March 1st, 2022, 2:39 pm
Nomax wrote: March 1st, 2022, 9:34 am

Oh thanks man! I was just using the "contact" feature on their site.
I would just re-ping them. I had to do that once and they got right back to me after the second message.
StarCreator
eBay: starcreator
Initials: STC

Post by StarCreator »

Nomax wrote: March 1st, 2022, 9:34 am Which e-mail address are you using? support@exa.ac has to be used for update requests.
I sent that address an email a week ago and got no reply.
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

Snow Bros Special could make a welcome return for the series to arcades provided gameplay is up-to the original's standard.

On a similar theme Cave have the unreleased Yuki Buta Man lurking somewhere in the archives.

In terms of future exA firmware updates, I assume we won't be seeing network connectivity any time soon?
It would have been an enhancement to be able to receive game version updates, set high-scores and get news on the main page - but obviously not at the cost of lowering the system security which is proving a major issue for other platforms. The QR code system works well for hi-scores and perhaps could be standardised across future releases, equally regional update locations have been mentioned.

In any case I am gratefully to be able to purchase the system directly outside of Japan and have some great new titles to play.
"Please contact the local attendant"
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

That feel when your brand new exA unit doesn't boot up every time, and when it does, the launcher crashes.

exa_aw_snap.jpg

Weirdly enough, seems to works fine if I'm fast enough to start the game.

PCs :problem:

EDIT: may or may not have been fixed with a Factory Reset.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nem on March 6th, 2022, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Corrupt OS? I'm guessing that's going back for repair?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Corrupt OS makes sense. I was thinking of hardware fault, but that doesn't explain why in game it seems to run fine.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

The first unit was such an overwhelming success you went ahead and bought a second one? :awe:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

:oops:

The problem is that some of these games are 1p only. I can't have 1p and 2p games in one cabinet. People will come up to me and ask how you can get a second player in Aka to Blue and Gimmick. I'm like, you can't. Then they'll ask me why there is a second set of controls then. Well, because Vritra supports 2p.

****. Two units it is then.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

Shou wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 5:44 am For those who have a Vewlix and have purchased an exA-Arcadia system, we can provide 1 free Vewlix marquee and square instruction set on how to quit games seen in the link below.
The square instruction set goes above where the card reader is on a Vewlix control panel and is available in English or Japanese. The Vewlix marquee is in Japanese only.

Send a note to support with you system serial & language preference and they will be included with your next order.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZYgsVNBeyk/
Did this with the akai Katana Ltd edition, but I didn't receive anything. Are exa still doing this? I sent it as a note on the order instead of support, though. I thought it would go to the same people?
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Monstermug wrote: March 11th, 2022, 4:15 pm Did this with the akai Katana Ltd edition, but I didn't receive anything. Are exa still doing this? I sent it as a note on the order instead of support, though. I thought it would go to the same people?
Did you check inside your AK kit?
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

Shou wrote: March 11th, 2022, 5:30 pm
Monstermug wrote: March 11th, 2022, 4:15 pm Did this with the akai Katana Ltd edition, but I didn't receive anything. Are exa still doing this? I sent it as a note on the order instead of support, though. I thought it would go to the same people?
I didn't think to check there. I just took the game out and shelved the rest. The last time I took out the arts to have a look it took me a few hours to try and get it all back inside that tube.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Monstermug wrote: March 11th, 2022, 5:50 pm
I didn't think to check there. I just took the game out and shelved the rest. The last time I took out the arts to have a look it took me a few hours to try and get it all back inside that tube.
:lol: Haven't checked for mine yet for the same reason. Whoever rolls the artwork for these kits deserves a raise.
Buddyc
eBay: haver-san
Initials: BAD

Post by Buddyc »

Shou wrote: March 11th, 2022, 5:30 pm
I checked. Nothing inside my Cotton or AK kit.
No worries though, but hope to receive it on my next order.
Shou

Post by Shou »

They’re packed with the AK kit.
The square instruction piece is in the kit box outside of the poster tube.
RandomRetro
Please Continue...
eBay: carnick10
Initials: RNR

Post by RandomRetro »

Shou wrote: March 12th, 2022, 2:14 am
They’re packed with the AK kit.
The square instruction piece is in the kit box outside of the poster tube.
Yep, all my Vewlix art and the extra menu/game select pieces were there in the kit box. Thanks for the extras!
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

@Shou I take it the April price rises will apply to the international store too? How much are we looking at?
Shou

Post by Shou »

SuperPang wrote: March 14th, 2022, 1:17 pm @Shou I take it the April price rises will apply to the international store too? How much are we looking at?
No, the price increase is only for Japan.

Who says that only Japan gets the best things?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Shou wrote: March 14th, 2022, 3:19 pm
No, the price increase is only for Japan.

Who says that only Japan gets the best things?
Nice.
Speaking of which, are Tanoshimasu prohibiting Aka & Blue from sales to the Japanese public?