buffi

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by buffi »

Congrats :)
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

Great @shou, i hope more Cave in the platform!!!

Touhou en 3/4 it's great for me too, i play only on egret3
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

Well, months later, I finally have my exA unboxed and hooked up. It's... uh... real nice. It feels polished. My only game so far is Aka & Blue (because that's the one you have to get, really) and it hasn't disappointed - it's kind of weird to play a new shooter that feels like it's up to snuff with the classics. People weren't kidding about the difficulty though :wtf:. The low input lag makes the game feel great, and I'm impressed by how readable the bullets are despite the sheer amount of chaos on-screen at any given time.

So, it's been worth the wait for me.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Enjoy.
No disrespect to the other titles, but A&B is still the No. 1 reason to own the hardware IMO. It's fantastic. Assuming it's just a mobile port is like saying the CAVE mobile games are a good substitute for the arcade versions.
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

Is Tanoshimasu working on another stg for exa?
StarCreator
eBay: starcreator
Initials: STC

Post by StarCreator »

SuperPang wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 5:27 pm In case you didn't know, you can use it to power one of these so you can use a console controller and hook it up to your TV by HDMI.
Interesting that the version here has mounting holes. I bought one from Redsuns (a process that took nearly half a year between being placed on a waitlist and pandemic-era surface shipping) and the complete lack of mounting holes leaves me without any secure means to stop the board from shorting itself on the nearest bare metal.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Ddshot wrote: June 19th, 2022, 8:28 am Is Tanoshimasu working on another stg for exa?

Didn't Tanoshimasu disband? The AtB programmer is working on the Touhou game for exA.

StarCreator wrote: June 19th, 2022, 1:01 pmInteresting that the version here has mounting holes.

It's a newer version. It's functionally the same. There's a 3D printable case design for the old version that you can download from Thingiverse.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Tanoshimasu Disbanded!i must of missed that news,that’s unfortunate but great to hear still working with exa
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

StarCreator wrote: June 19th, 2022, 1:01 pm
SuperPang wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 5:27 pm In case you didn't know, you can use it to power one of these so you can use a console controller and hook it up to your TV by HDMI.
Interesting that the version here has mounting holes. I bought one from Redsuns (a process that took nearly half a year between being placed on a waitlist and pandemic-era surface shipping) and the complete lack of mounting holes leaves me without any secure means to stop the board from shorting itself on the nearest bare metal.
Sorry to hear that. It was version 1.00 PCB. The version 2.00 PCB we sell now has the mounting holes. At least you were one of the first to get it, as we were the first company to sell this device in the West (the English notice was made for us, it was previously only available in Japanese). Regarding shipping, all orders are sent as priority mail but I guess it took that long because of bad timing. It's no luck really. Those in hurry can choose tracked shipping which is registered priority mail and takes less than one week to reach any destination in the World (which should be the case of any priority mail anyway).

I hope that you are happy with the product despite this.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Ddshot wrote: June 19th, 2022, 5:15 pm Tanoshimasu Disbanded!i must of missed that news,that’s unfortunate but great to hear still working with exa
No, they have not. There is a health issue so they are on hiatus until there is a full recovery.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Thanks for confirming shou,hopfully have a full,speedy recovery
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

100+ credits later, and Aka & Blue continues to deliver. I think this might be in my top 5 shooters. It's just such a satisfying game to play.

Also ordered a couple more exA games to add a little variety, which I think confirms that I've been indoctrinated into the cult.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

MrJBRPG wrote: May 6th, 2022, 2:06 am I hope that Exa Arcadia ups the ante in violent overkill moves like Special that has been toned down for Perfect version on prototype Neo Geo test cart and home collection release. More blood and sliced bodies galore.
Looks like it.
https://www-4gamer-net.translate.goog/g ... r_pto=wapp
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

SuperPang wrote: July 13th, 2022, 12:32 pm
MrJBRPG wrote: May 6th, 2022, 2:06 am I hope that Exa Arcadia ups the ante in violent overkill moves like Special that has been toned down for Perfect version on prototype Neo Geo test cart and home collection release. More blood and sliced bodies galore.
Looks like it.
https://www-4gamer-net.translate.goog/g ... r_pto=wapp
Yes! Had a gut feeling that would happen.

Yes! True arcade perfect with bloody violence.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

Any reviews on Noise exa? Looks funish. Like ikuruga mixed with dungun feveron.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Looks like P47 Aces has a location test coming up in a couple days, too. There's a flurry of tweets about it, anyway. I can't read any of them.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

Unknownsou wrote: July 20th, 2022, 7:06 am Looks like P47 Aces has a location test coming up in a couple days, too. There's a flurry of tweets about it, anyway. I can't read any of them.
Yes, the location tests starts tomorrow. These will be held at the same locations as Samurai Shodown.
Buddyc
eBay: haver-san
Initials: BAD

Post by Buddyc »

SuperPang wrote: July 19th, 2022, 1:53 pm
Anybody now when preorders open?
DMC
eBay: duncthedunc
Initials: DMC

Post by DMC »

Shou wrote: January 19th, 2022, 2:29 pm All of Taito Hey’s cabinets with an exA-Arcadia in it has either the Diamond Black or 2019 Taito Tech replacement monitor in them.

At Club Exa (WGC), all Vewlix cabs have been upgraded to the 2019 Taito Tech monitors, Noirs are the blue 1080p monitors and Lindberghs are upgraded to the 1080p monitors from Chunithm.

If you’re not linking cabinets, any of the LCD cabinet JVS IO boards will be fine.

On Taito JVS IOs, just insure that your PSU is outputting a consistent +12v to power the IO board. We have seen brownouts on older Vewlix models which will cause an IO error so just get a multimeter out and measure what is going into the IO then adjust as needed.
Would those Chunithm monitors be available to the public for Lindbergh upgrades?