exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
finisterre
Banned
eBay: nunya
Initials: KF

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by finisterre »

Dache wrote: September 11th, 2019, 11:42 am This **** is hard, I can understand why non-Japanese sales are going to be small at first if Japanese demand is so high
So much THIS. All I'm saying is spare us non-Japan folks the wax poetry about *solving problems in the landscape*. IF solving landscape problems is an *actual* goal we shouldn't be hearing "but Japan tho" as an *excuse* in the context it is brought up.

Pre-orders are hard! Hardware design is hard! I absolutely know this from designing and distributing Open Source autopilot hardware. I also know that managing the messages that you push into the community are equally important.

It is *clear* that the plight of the US, and European operators take a backseat to Japan's money making opportunities. The stories about reviving the gaming scene in Latin American countries that can't afford things are cool too... however simply put, the amount of words runs contrary to the amount of substance.
Last edited by finisterre on September 11th, 2019, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Mate it's not even out yet.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Isn't the export market like less than 1% of the size of the domestic Japanese market? I'm sure I read some ridiculous number like that somewhere.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

cools wrote: September 11th, 2019, 7:22 pm Isn't the export market like less than 1% of the size of the domestic Japanese market? I'm sure I read some ridiculous number like that somewhere.
If the export market is less than 1% no need advertising or teaser or interview on International boards all around the world in that case :awe:
Last edited by Ikaru on September 11th, 2019, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

finisterre wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:38 am
Ikaru wrote: September 10th, 2019, 11:52 pm I heard exa wants to be like snk with neo geo .....if it’s very limited....or Japan only good luck for them.
All the while hype men ("I know I'm shilling a bit" 8:15 into video) out here pushing that it is "specifically designed to address this issue & challenge Japanese, US, and European operators have"

In reality... the message conflicts with the strong rank of "The Decline of Japanese Arcades & The Rise of exA-Arcadia"
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62880

"Japanese arcades are considered to be the evergreen mecca of the industry" after all... :shifty:

Exa "aims to rejuvenate arcades on a global scale", but state sales are limited cuz Japan market is so dank... #SeemsLegit

"For the United States, we already met with Dave & Buster’s." <--- this speaks volumes...
http://shmupemall.com/interviews/interv ... 19145.html
Thank you for the links it’s very instructive
How to make one million ? Devs knows ;)
PlayStation ports ,switch ports ...
A lot people are agree about the decline of arcade .because you can play at most of arcade games at home on your tv on PlayStation or else .
Snk or capcom understood it.

For exa I was very excited :) oh yeah a new hardware in arcade yessss but now I know it’s very limited so no problem no need to wait and see.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

If all the exa units sell out, surely that’s a good thing?

I guess I’m too old for all this hysteria. I’d rather wait and see if the games, hardware and price are good before moaning about all the sand in my vagina.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

It's only going to be "limited" if it sells poorly. I'm sure the devs want to sell as many kits as possible.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

I hope you’re right zak we will see like markedkiller78 i’m too old for all this but if exa is’available why not I will buy exa for support devs or new arcade projects.
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

I've only just noticed the attract mode :awe: it appears that the system shows the game located in each slot and cycles between them.

"Please contact the local attendant"
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Time to get 2nd mortgage ;)
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

so what will you guys be picking up ?

i will be going for
1 x Motherboard
1 x Aka & Blue
1 x Shikhondo

any maybe AKYRIOS EXA, depending on the Price for the Software kits :think:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

I will be going for 1 motherboard and all games :awe: :lol:
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

This week is GTI and TGS so not around to reply to everything.

For the concerned topics:
1. 1st lot preorders from overseas will likely get the unit before the Japanese operators
2. It’s actually going to be sold less than the Japanese price for overseas buyers
3. Patches in this run are only handled in the traditional way of updating your game via sending it in - no internet is required as such, this is manual
4. More games will be available to overseas than Japan - Japan will only get Aka & Blue at launch
5. Depending upon contents rights, versions sold in other regions may differ - they do not differ right now

It will be 1st come 1st serve when preorders go up.
We aren’t a public company with hundreds of millions USD war chest that we can use to sit on stock. Remember, even the big guys like Nintendo and Sony can’t meet launch demand ever.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

would you be so kind to post a short notice here once the pre-order go live ?
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Shou

Post by Shou »

cools wrote: September 11th, 2019, 7:22 pm Isn't the export market like less than 1% of the size of the domestic Japanese market? I'm sure I read some ridiculous number like that somewhere.
The Chinese market is bigger than Japan.

Japan is stagnant to declining but is the hardest market to penetrate. Note that even the top Chinese (Wahlap, Unis) or American (Raw Thrills) companies have not been able to make it here. That makes exA-Arcadia a very large anomaly.

Southeast Asia with Oceania is likely bigger than the US.

North America is growing again but has different segmentation than Asian markets.

Europe is currently the smallest market.
Shou

Post by Shou »

jimmerd wrote: September 11th, 2019, 9:04 pm I've only just noticed the attract mode :awe: it appears that the system shows the game located in each slot and cycles between them.

This is the first time we’ve had the full attract modes on test. The menu screen will recognize all carts in the machine and cycle through each attract mode. It works in vertical and horizontal, 16:9 and 4:3. The hardware test menu can also set the system resolution in case your monitor isn’t telling the motherboard what its true native resolution is (to eliminate lag as much as possible).
Shou

Post by Shou »

Jan wrote: September 12th, 2019, 1:25 pm would you be so kind to post a short notice here once the pre-order go live ?
Yes
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

Shou wrote: September 12th, 2019, 1:20 pm This week is GTI and TGS so not around to reply to everything.

For the concerned topics:
1. 1st lot preorders from overseas will likely get the unit before the Japanese operators
2. It’s actually going to be sold less than the Japanese price for overseas buyers
3. Patches in this run are only handled in the traditional way of updating your game via sending it in - no internet is required as such, this is manual
4. More games will be available to overseas than Japan - Japan will only get Aka & Blue at launch
5. Depending upon contents rights, versions sold in other regions may differ - they do not differ right now

It will be 1st come 1st serve when preorders go up.
We aren’t a public company with hundreds of millions USD war chest that we can use to sit on stock. Remember, even the big guys like Nintendo and Sony can’t meet launch demand ever.

I am intrigued that there is still such a thing as manual patching, by sending the game to the manufacturer to write the old data with new data to target cartridge. That kind has almost gotten carried away thanks to wireless patching.

Anyways, several of us followers are curious onto the online aspects of Exa Arcadia. That popped into me after reading the latest article from Arcade Heroes:
https://arcadeheroes.com/2019/09/13/exc ... ed-arcade/

We know that Exa Arcadia has plans for utilizing online integration, being completely optional for the games to run independently. We know for sure that online updates are inevitable for future releases.

I got some questions for Shou in regards to online aspects:

How are things going on several aspects planned for Exa Arcadia online integration:
  • Machine Locator
  • Advertisements on Attract Mode (increase revenue for operators)
  • Smartphone Companion App
Now for some other questions:
  • For certain people who decide to have the arcade unit for home use, are there settings that differentiate between operator and home user, especially online?
  • Will Exa Arcadia accounts be available to allow extra features available for companion app (such as saving progress, customization, etc.)?
  • Will Exa Arcadia allow the operators the choice to freely share income reports from the machines
  • Will there be more plans for the companion app to better engage with community, developers and operators?

As Exa Arcadia gets closer to launch in Japan, more questions inevitably pop up.

Anyways, let's keep the positive vibes going.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

The games stick out a lot more than the last shots. :think:

D5iJjqEWwAA0OKx.jpg large.jpg
Dx5dVuQVYAA3w2N.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.