exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by SuperPang »

Can anyone translate the pics that are in with the CDs pls?
suicider
Please Continue...
eBay: suicidekiller

Post by suicider »

They read ありがとうございます and アリガトウ which means" Thank you"
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Figures! Thanks.

The "Strania: The Force Signals" CD is signed by Keishi Yonao btw.
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

Strania's finally out? It's tempting, but at this point, I feel like I'm just going to wait for SDOJ to pull the trigger on an EXA. I'll get Strania down the road.
Last edited by Unknownsou on September 6th, 2020, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomRetro
Please Continue...
eBay: carnick10
Initials: RNR

Post by RandomRetro »

If you are getting one that limited case is really nice @SuperPang. Thanks for sharing the pics and let us know how it plays. Not sure I will every be able to pick up that game, but interested on how it compares.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Looks great in that cab 8-)

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

geotrig wrote: September 6th, 2020, 1:02 am Looks great in that cab 8-)
It does. Great to see them on a CRT. :awe:
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Nomax wrote: September 5th, 2020, 5:41 pm The limited edition unit is gorgeous. Funny that they used the same bi-colour case as for Aka & Blue for the cartridge.
The mechs are red and blue ;)
jase

Post by jase »

Congrats Pang, that Strania EX unit looks stunning. :awe:

I'd love to hear your impressions of the games when you get a chance, especially Infinos as that looks more like my cup of tea. I'm getting strong Last Resort vibes from the videos, which is a very good thing.
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Is there any truth to this?

I've been holding off on buying anything, but if the games are gonna start disappearing... it'd be good to have a heads up on how long I have.
yosai
Windy City

Post by yosai »

As your in the US it would be cheaper to buy direct rather than from a reseller.

IIRC Shou stated that they will continue to make small runs whilst the demand is there.
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Oh yeah, I'd just be buying direct. Just wasn't sure if EXA was going to limit availability so soon.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

In regards to that announcement of Aka & Blue Type R not going to produce anymore carts, I am not surprised about that. Aka & Blue's legacy will be fondly remembered as the shmup that brought back arcades before SDOJ EXA, if that game gets released when the pandemic is mostly over and done with.

Additionally with Exa Arcadia's current state is being a niche arcade platform, despite an impressive 200+ officially reported hardware units sold globally, the pandemic has forced them to continue playing safe by selling kits and restricting their active marketing to Japan. All they can really do now is promote new products in hopes of producing more hardware from diversified manufacturing plants.
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

MrJBRPG wrote: September 11th, 2020, 11:09 pm In regards to that announcement of Aka & Blue Type R not going to produce anymore carts, I am not surprised about that. Aka & Blue's legacy will be fondly remembered as the shmup that brought back arcades before SDOJ EXA, if that game gets released when the pandemic is mostly over and done with.

Additionally with Exa Arcadia's current state is being a niche arcade platform, despite an impressive 200+ officially reported hardware units sold globally, the pandemic has forced them to continue playing safe by selling kits and restricting their active marketing to Japan. All they can really do now is promote new products in hopes of producing more hardware from diversified manufacturing plants.
I just want to meet a girl someday who talks about me the way you talk about the EXA Arcadia.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

yosai wrote: September 11th, 2020, 8:19 pmIIRC Shou stated that they will continue to make small runs whilst the demand is there.
That's not what he told me.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Antimarketing at its best, must have been at least a few lost sales because of this obsessive **** :wtf:
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Unknownsou wrote: September 12th, 2020, 12:08 am
MrJBRPG wrote: September 11th, 2020, 11:09 pm In regards to that announcement of Aka & Blue Type R not going to produce anymore carts, I am not surprised about that. Aka & Blue's legacy will be fondly remembered as the shmup that brought back arcades before SDOJ EXA, if that game gets released when the pandemic is mostly over and done with.

I just want to meet a girl someday who talks about me the way you talk about the EXA Arcadia.
No you don‘t
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
yosai
Windy City

Post by yosai »

Nomax wrote: September 12th, 2020, 11:18 am
yosai wrote: September 11th, 2020, 8:19 pmIIRC Shou stated that they will continue to make small runs whilst the demand is there.
That's not what he told me.
So what did he tell you?
Shou @ Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:50 am wrote:There are only a few left in this lot then it will be sold out for good unless there is enough demand for another production.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37248&p=521856#p521856

No idea how many runs have been made but it's been out of stock at least a couple of times on their website.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I suppose the point is at some point in time those runs have to stop so maybe now is the time for that

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Tanoshimasu has requested one last call on Aka & Blue Type-R sales before moving on.

I am sure people here know by now that they are rather odd in how they do things but this is their game and request.
If you are interested in the game and do not want to pay double the retail price down the line due to its rarity then it would be wise to buy while you can.

We are currently sold out of exA-Arcadia systems due to high demand from Japan and expect to have little supply for the rest of the year due to even more demand created by SDOJ and the troubles related to COVID.