Post by Jan »

Sky Curser EXA would be most welcome.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Nomax »

Jan wrote: October 16th, 2021, 9:58 am Sky Curser EXA would be most welcome.
I still have the game on Airframe. I love it! It's brutal!
I remember that one of the developer woke in the middle of the night to update our game through internet (on location, using a smartphone as an access point). Regarding updates, the Airframe is wonderful with its integrated Wifi antenna.

Unfortunately, the game was never finished. Only 4 stages of the planned 6 are in the game. We saw promising pictures of the 5th stage (sceneries with a Hokuto no Ken look), but it was never finished. The game crashed every once in a while too. :-/
So, much work would be needed to complete the game. It would also need strong rebalance to suit Japanese game centers...

This said, it's a fantastic game.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

it is just a fun game with great Music, worth to be ported on a proper Hardware.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

I received a JVS-to-USB converter (M07-IONA-US) from Red Sun systems.

https://www.redsuns.be/#exausb

You power it via micro USB and for this I choose a standard plug adapter from the SNES mini rather than a free USB port on the Exa.

The other three ports on the pcb are USB for player 1 and USB for player 2 and the 'USB' B for the JVS cable.

Chucking in a PS4 controller it mapped logically. Square = B1, X = B2, Circle = B3, Share = Credit, Options = Start.

Pressing the PS button appeared that it was cycling to a second button mapping using the R buttons, but not anything sensible.

A physical service and test button exist on the PCB. You hold them together to enter 'virtual' setup menus where the LED blinks to confirm modes. Without the need for any separate PC application a procedure exists to add a new mapping and assign each button in order, toggle rapid fire and so on. I should probably read the manual..

Anyhow seems a great bit of equipment.
"Please contact the local attendant"
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

I did luck out and get one of those converters shipped to me (I guess I got in right before they were out of stock). Don't have the thing yet, but I'm hoping I'll finally get to hook up my exA and play the thing in the next few days.

Anyway, was there any info on Touhou that came out of the event last week? I know it's based on Fantastic Danmaku Festival, but is there any footage of the exA version?
buffi

Post by buffi »

Shou: Any news on Akai Katana?
Can we expect it before christmas like SDOJ?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Seems unlikely I'd say. First location tests seems to have been pulled after a bug was found. SDOJ had multiple tests. I think P47 is due first.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Happy to wait for Katana. broke.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

@Shou, you know what to do. Please, and thank you. ;)

(Saved you a click - TGM ports to modern consoles, potential followup based on how the ports do)
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Didn't Shou say earlier that TGM4 (or whatever they were planning to call it) wasn't likely for arcades because of Arika's bad experiences with Nesica, or something like that? Exa version would be cool, but...
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

He did, but it does seem like the sands may be shifting somewhat.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

He's saying yesterdays console (port?) announcement has been delayed due to reasons beyond their control (therefore announcing it himself, lol) and the Tetris licenser has stipulated that a new TGM is conditional on the success of whatever port/s these are. Whether or not that would be an arcade title remains to be seen.
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

kazuo wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 3:49 am @Shou, you know what to do. Please, and thank you. ;)

(Saved you a click - TGM ports to modern consoles, potential followup based on how the ports do)
OMG! :-o gimmegimmegimme
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

A man after midnight
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

SuperPang wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 12:13 pm He's saying yesterdays console (port?) announcement has been delayed due to reasons beyond their control (therefore announcing it himself, lol) and the Tetris licenser has stipulated that a new TGM is conditional on the success of whatever port/s these are. Whether or not that would be an arcade title remains to be seen.
Yes, I know what it said - I even said as much at the bottom of the tweet embed (but I suppose it was easy to miss). :awe:

My initial comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but does indicate that there's a possibly a chance for another Arcade iteration _if the home port(s) do well_. Why not do it since it seems like EXA are the ones shouldering most of the load/risk in these recent ports like with CAVE, Touhou, etc.?
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

I wouldn't expect a new entry to hit arcades (unless it's something like TGM2015 with reused resources). A straight console game is more likely imo.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

kazuo wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 3:23 am Yes, I know what it said - I even said as much at the bottom of the tweet embed (but I suppose it was easy to miss). :awe:
Yeah, sorry. I missed that bit.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

kazuo wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 3:23 amWhy not do it since it seems like EXA are the ones shouldering most of the load/risk in these recent ports like with CAVE, Touhou, etc.?
I suspect the Tetris license would be prohibitively expensive in this case.
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

My JVS-USB adapter finally showed up, so I guess I have a pretty fun weekend ahead of me.