Coin-operated games and arcades.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by MrJBRPG »

SuperPang wrote: April 16th, 2020, 6:19 pm
arcnl wrote: April 16th, 2020, 5:25 pm I’d love to see sales numbers for something like fight of gods
Here you go:

^^^ :lol:
Sorry, game is not yet available for sale...

I did check out that latest news about the hardware played at over 200 locations. That seems to be a very good number in a few months versus most modern dedicated arcade games by indie developers that are lucky to sell at least 50 units. Had that talk with Arcade Heroes through discord about arcade sales, and can never be compared to home or mobile games.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

My guess is 200 locations means 200 units have been sold at this point. Most likely 99% of them with AtB.

200 isn't a bad number at all for a completely new platform in this day and age. So definitely reason to celebrate at team exA. The momentum's going to hit a brick wall due to corona, but hopefully things will pick up again later this year.
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

The fighting game that's out is Kung Fu Champion or whatever, right? I don't know what the appeal of that is... to anyone.

Anyway, only thing stopping me from buying an EXA and Aka & Blue at this point is that I have to figure out where to get the JVS IO thing. So laziness, basically.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I’ve seen it get some bad press but the whole retro kung fu aesthetic is fantastic i think. I am not really into fighters but i will check it out on steam one of these days maybe the gameplay is ok for casuals, maybe not
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

If you put Aka to Blue and Kung Fu Vs Karate Champ side by side in an arcade that's not in Asia, I can guarantee you KFVKC will make 20x the income of AtB.

The problem of course is if you put any old Tekken next to it, Tekken will be the top earner and you can get that game for next to nothing.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Chaos Code up for pre-order and shipping this month.

https://exa.ac/en/2020/04/17/chaoscode- ... 177369a3b7
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

nem wrote: April 16th, 2020, 9:43 am Anyway, would be interesting to know what the split is between Japan and the rest of the world.

For me, exA has been a complete dud. However, I went in to it expecting as much, and I'm still happy I purchased one. Hopefully the future holds exciting titles that aren't doujin shmups or fighting games. Those are a hard sell to casual audiences in the west. Oh, and games should never be 1P only.

I love statistics, so it'd be nice to see.

We have a handful in our group- they were performing well on location and I run ATB on one of mine machines. I'm happy with it overall and it's always great to have newer things to play. 99% of the people that have used the ATBs we have- a ton of people haven't been sensitive to the lag, so that's nice. I think it's a great launch title, so hopefully things will be more smooth for the hardcore folk later down the road. We've had some running on F, FC, Sanwa PFX, various I/Os, etc.

I do agree- the 1p aspect is somewhat off putting. Nearly all of my units are 2p panels. 2p Gimmick would be a blast. Most of the active arcades around these parts- people go in groups. I feel like tying a machine up with one person- you either need it cheap (a quarter or two- but how long until that unit recovers the initial investment) or give more incentive for the groups of people to huddle around it. Anecdotal for sure.
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

Chaos Code -Exact Xeno Attack- starts shipping today.

Picture by exA-Arcadia.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Looks like next wave of games are ready for shipping, as posted by the CEO:

Hope to get more details on exclusive content.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

They're just boxes.

Shou says they'll release them one after another. That doesn't specify a time frame. Surely it's the worst possible time to release anything right now.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

Devil Engine seems like it'd be a good fit for the platform, especially in its home market. Unfortunate that the rights to the game are in a bit of limbo at the moment.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

kazuo wrote: May 8th, 2020, 7:40 am Devil Engine seems like it'd be a good fit for the platform, especially in its home market. Unfortunate that the rights to the game are in a bit of limbo at the moment.
Oh don't open that can of worms again!
It was planned for Exa before it was cancelled due to, lets just say creative differences and leave it at that.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

Ah, you're right! Forgot about that whole fiasco, I briefly heard something about a dispute over music, then some sketchy contract business, and the deal died quickly thereafter. :(
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Dear Exa, can you include optional Vanilla Dodonpachi Saidaioujou in the upcoming EXA release? :oops:
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Honestly, I am more pumped about Vritra Hexa every time the developer posts updates.

The latest video shows 2 player in attract mode. Special team mechanic is electric shock that most likely cancels bullets by bumping into each other.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

zak wrote: June 1st, 2020, 2:49 pm Dear Exa, can you include optional Vanilla Dodonpachi Saidaioujou in the upcoming EXA release? :oops:
that would be cool indeed.

do we have a time frame for the release yet?
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Still just "summer", but I'd wait longer if they did include the original game.
drboom
eBay: devilscoot
Initials: DRB

Post by drboom »

I second that as well. Not sure how difficult it would be to do but with Game Center’s and collectors holding onto their pcbs, its one that would benefit from another release.
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

zak wrote: June 1st, 2020, 2:49 pm Dear Exa, can you include optional Vanilla Dodonpachi Saidaioujou in the upcoming EXA release? :oops:
+1

Bug fixed.
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

monouchi wrote: June 4th, 2020, 1:57 pm

+1

Bug fixed.
Hey now, i thought we all agreed in unison it was a feature not a bug... :lol: