exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Jan »

Shou said
The art assets in this picture were only at the location test. The kit's art is the header and strip only. Vewlix only art is not being produced.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

f..k
this art are incredible!!!!

just 1 marquee and 1 move list!!!
it’s just for me
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Another quick question. The website states:
Requires a JVS compatible arcade cabinet with a DVI-D input or a JAMMA cabinet (31kHz only) using a JVS IO board and a downscaler.
Is the video output analogue when switched to 480p? For example can you run it in a NNC with a DVI-DSUB adapter like Type X or do you need something else? I don't understand the downscaler comment.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

SuperPang wrote: November 13th, 2019, 6:34 pm Another quick question. The website states:
Requires a JVS compatible arcade cabinet with a DVI-D input or a JAMMA cabinet (31kHz only) using a JVS IO board and a downscaler.
Is the video output analogue when switched to 480p? For example can you run it in a NNC with a DVI-DSUB adapter like Type X or do you need something else? I don't understand the downscaler comment.
No modern GPU outputs analog video anymore so a DAC is required to do so. In the hardware test menu, you can select which resolution to output in.

Normally, the connector monitor will be queried for its native resolution via EDID and then automatically set but older monitors and a number of video converters do not provide an accurate answer so you will have to manually set in these cases.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Jan wrote: November 13th, 2019, 2:15 pm Shou said
The art assets in this picture were only at the location test. The kit's art is the header and strip only. Vewlix only art is not being produced.
If more than 100 customers want Vexlix art and pay in advance then we will produce it.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Let me know if you have 99, if this art is included i‘d gladly be nr. 100.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

superpang
Jan
Zak
Needaes
Radiantsvgun

only 95 to go :think:

A bunch of the US boys are buying a kit for their Viewlixes too, but I doubt it will be 95 home users.

Gonna have better luck asking the arcade ops if they want the viewlix art.

How much extra would kits be in the future if they included viewlix art by default?
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Perhaps a deal could be struck with someone like @muddymusic to supply the European market with deluxe art sets?
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Remember when you collectors asked for super limited collectors editions? Now you Ask for proper artwork. :lol:

Talking about lowering expectations ....let’s hope you get boxes with exa logo, otherwise -> deluxe boxes
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Some nice A&B footage here:
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

4:3 demonstration 20 minutes in to that video. :awe:
4:3 looks a lot better imo.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

yosai wrote: November 14th, 2019, 3:16 pm 4:3 demonstration 20 minutes in to that video. :awe:
I think so too ;)
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

yosai wrote: November 14th, 2019, 3:16 pm 4:3 demonstration 20 minutes in to that video. :awe:
Agreed
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

SuperPang wrote: November 14th, 2019, 2:13 pm Perhaps a deal could be struck with someone like @muddymusic to supply the European market with deluxe art sets?
Ship one of those to me in the USA please :D.

As far as USA buyers, I only know of two- one of them being myself.

Edit:
SuperPang wrote: November 14th, 2019, 2:37 pm Some nice A&B footage here:
NGL, that does look a lot better in 4:3... might be time to rotate the e3? :think:
westtrade

Post by westtrade »

zak wrote: November 14th, 2019, 10:48 am superpang
Jan
Zak
Needaes
Radiantsvgun

only 95 to go :think:

A bunch of the US boys are buying a kit for their Viewlixes too, but I doubt it will be 95 home users.

Gonna have better luck asking the arcade ops if they want the viewlix art.

How much extra would kits be in the future if they included viewlix art by default?
Put me down for the artwork as well please.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I think you guys will fall just short of the needed 100 :think:

This is another case where the art could just be made available to download? Someone like muddymusic could easily make a small print run of these. It's what, three stickers (left and right monitor surround, move strip) and the translucent header?
Shou

Post by Shou »

nem wrote: November 15th, 2019, 9:11 am I think you guys will fall just short of the needed 100 :think:

This is another case where the art could just be made available to download? Someone like muddymusic could easily make a small print run of these. It's what, three stickers (left and right monitor surround, move strip) and the translucent header?
No Japanese company or any major IP owner would accept that someone else is printing their work and profiting off it without giving back to them.
westtrade

Post by westtrade »

Shou wrote: November 15th, 2019, 11:03 pm
nem wrote: November 15th, 2019, 9:11 am I think you guys will fall just short of the needed 100 :think:

No Japanese company or any major IP owner would accept that someone else is printing their work and profiting off it without giving back to them.
That makes sense. My only question is, why was the cost of this just not rolled into the price of the kit. I mean we are already paying $1,504 per game. I dont think the base price + artwork costs would stop anyone who was already going to buy game.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

westtrade wrote: November 16th, 2019, 12:07 am
Shou wrote: November 15th, 2019, 11:03 pm

That makes sense. My only question is, why was the cost of this just not rolled into the price of the kit. I mean we are already paying $1,504 per game. I dont think the base price + artwork costs would stop anyone who was already going to buy game.
Shou, the founder of EXA Arcadia, has clearly stated that the header marquee and the instruction card are provided per game cartridge kit. Viewlix side art or other specific kinds are not available by default. Additional art are decided by developers and publishers themselves.

If anyone resorts to bootleg art for arcade games for any reason, they can get into trouble from copyright theft.