needaes wrote: October 6th, 2019, 2:58 pm OMG :-o

3500$ out off stock in 1 hours
Good thing @shou gave us all a heads up eh. :D
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Jan »

na, i`m sure this was not a planned publish and i`m sure they are not sold out yet ;)
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

Either way, at $3500, I think I'll take a wait and see approach with this. It'd be easier to justify if I knew more about the lineup post-launch... or hell, even what the basic differences are between the console/PC Strania and the EX version. I'm sure I'll get one eventually, but there's a lotta cooler games I could be buying in the meantime.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Apparently no longer available for pre order :think: :think:
Maybye 3000 $ was VAT + shipping but for 6500 $ I prefer to buy a pinball :awe:
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Again , shipping price was a place holder
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Shou just dropped off my Exa and is now heading back business class. Excellent service, would use again :thumbup:
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Did he bring you a proper cab aswell ? :awe:
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

pics please
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

SuperPang wrote: October 6th, 2019, 6:42 pm Shou just dropped off my Exa and is now heading back business class. Excellent service, would use again :thumbup:
So you are the only one here to have an exa :wtf:

:slowclap: :slowclap:
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

3000$ class eco :D
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

At least it is awesome to have the preorders page set up, and that should give great opportunities for organic growth and hype.

I am impressed on the target prices for the products as they are somewhat close to the estimation from the interview article from shmup-em-all:
http://shmupemall.com/interviews/interv ... 19145.html
– At what price do you intend to sell an exA-Arcadia kit? And what about games?

Eric Chung: We have not really announced a price yet, but you can expect one kit, motherboard plus game, to cost around US$2000. And then, depending on the game, around $1000 to $1500. We are still looking into this to see what the price will be. But as you know, a new CAVE shooting game was sold around $1800, so it’s more or less the standard price in Japan.
$2500 for motherboard
$1000 - $1500 for cartridges (only $1200 and $1500 for the launch games at the moment)
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

MrJBRPG wrote: October 6th, 2019, 8:13 pm At least it is awesome to have the preorders page set up, and that should give great opportunities for organic growth and hype.

I am impressed on the target prices for the products as they are somewhat close to the estimation from the interview article from shmup-em-all:

Eric Chung: We have not really announced a price yet, but you can expect one kit, motherboard plus game, to cost around US$2000. And then, depending on the game, around $1000 to $1500. We are still looking into this to see what the price will be. But as you know, a new CAVE shooting game was sold around $1800, so it’s more or less the standard price in Japan.
$2500 for motherboard
$1000 - $1500 for cartridges (only $1200 and $1500 for the launch games at the moment)
I don't know if almost 2x the price is what I'd call impressive. Especially since that's seemingly a discount, and the motherboard + game package will be $4000 normally.
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

@jan-

You mentioned you're interested in 3 games. ATB presumably. What were the other two?

Thanks!
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

$3500 just isnt going to fly, no matter how much i like shou and this project you just cant get around that its simply asking too much for too little.

I dont know what the relationship with japanese and chinese (?) operators is like and if there is a market there even at this pricepoint, but i do know that its almost twice what a new Cave title cost and their last titles only seem to have sold in the teens on the private market (matsuris for instance).. now a brand new Cave IP i MIGHT concider it, but for a remixed version of a several year old indie game it just isnt happening, super hydorah is $19 on steam right now.. is the ac version really $3480 better?
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

^You don't want to spend $3500 to play a $15 mobile/indie game on your cab...
What kinda hardcore arcade gamer are you :lolno:

It's a model that might work for arcades and the odd collector who wants the newest releases.

Cool that it even exists in 2019.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

sven666 wrote: October 6th, 2019, 9:01 pm $3500 just isnt going to fly, no matter how much i like shou and this project you just cant get around that its simply asking too much for too little.

I dont know what the relationship with japanese and chinese (?) operators is like and if there is a market there even at this pricepoint, but i do know that its almost twice what a new Cave title cost and their last titles only seem to have sold in the teens on the private market (matsuris for instance).. now a brand new Cave IP i MIGHT concider it, but for a remixed version of a several year old indie game it just isnt happening, super hydorah is $19 on steam right now.. is the ac version really $3480 better?
I suspect we'll see new cave IP if their initial exa releases sell well enough.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

zak wrote: October 6th, 2019, 10:54 pm
Akai katana is on nesica .Everywhere in Japan you could find cabinet with nesica and we didn’t see any new CAVE games :awe:
Exa is out of stock .Sold a limited quantity .shou told us it’s a little compagny not like taito or sega ....so
The next cave is deathsmiles on swtich ;)

I hope there will be more exa for sale when aka to blue , akyrios and psyvariar will be available for pre order :( i’m not ready and now it’s too late to spend 3500 $ for mobile ports games....
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

MrJBRPG wrote: October 6th, 2019, 8:13 pm At least it is awesome to have the preorders page set up, and that should give great opportunities for organic growth and hype.

$2500 for motherboard

oh shut the hell up.
battlesmurf wrote: October 6th, 2019, 8:50 pm @jan-

You mentioned you're interested in 3 games. ATB presumably. What were the other two?
i think AKYRIOS EXA looks pretty nice and definitly SHIKHONDO RED PURGATORY.
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

£2000 was the top end of my budget, at nearly £3000 I won't be buying in. Cool to see this happening though.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Ikaru wrote: October 6th, 2019, 11:30 pm
zak wrote: October 6th, 2019, 10:54 pm
Akai katana is on nesica .Everywhere in Japan you could find cabinet with nesica and we didn’t see any new CAVE games :awe:
Exa is out of stock .Sold a limited quantity .shou told us it’s a little compagny not like taito or sega ....so
The next cave is deathsmiles on swtich ;)

I hope there will be more exa for sale when aka to blue , akyrios and psyvariar will be available for pre order :( i’m not ready and now it’s too late to spend 3500 $ for mobile ports games....
The preorder page was not ready. I don't think it's out of stock - probably a test page which we are all speculating ;)