Coin-operated games and arcades.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by MrJBRPG »

SuperPang wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:51 pm
Shou wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:35 am This is for the operator market and not consumers, period.

If you want to buy it, there is no limitation as an individual to buy it but don’t expect it to be consumer level pricing.

No game on the platform is 100% complete, all footage is early.

For context, here are recent prices for arcade games.
Gundam Extreme VS 2 5,500,000 JPY + 9% rev share
Tekken 7 Round 2 Upgrade Kit 800,000 JPY + 36% rev share
Street Fighter V Upgrade Kit 600,000 JPY + 35% rev share

Some of our location test income numbers over 1 week:
Aka & Blue 100,000 JPY
The Kung Fu vs Karate Champ 60,000 JPY (#1 performing fighter in the whole arcade, outperforming Fighting EX Layer 10x)
On average, every game we put on test makes over 35,000 a week meaning an operator can recoup their investment in a month. That simply doesn’t happen with another platform or game.
That's some mic drop.

Do the games support 1080p? A&B in particular.
There is no doubt that the maximum resolution for the EXA Arcadia games is 1080p since Shou mentioned that there is very little amount of Monitors that reach 4K. Most of the games would have resolution of 720p, which is the sharpest to the average eyes.
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Here is a very nice overview (with pictures) of much of the games that will come to EXA: https://www.wilcoxarcade.com/single-pos ... and-Better
EOJ
eBay: NA

Post by EOJ »

Shou wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:35 am This is for the operator market and not consumers, period.
In the OP it is mentioned there would be collectors editions for home users. Judging from your above comment, it sounds like this idea has been scrapped. Is that correct?
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

EOJ wrote: January 31st, 2019, 7:14 pm
In the OP it is mentioned there would be collectors editions for home users. Judging from your above comment, it sounds like this idea has been scrapped. Is that correct?
These games already have home versions.

The collectors editions will probably come later and be priced higher than the operator versions.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

yosai wrote: January 31st, 2019, 7:49 pm

That's not what I was talking about, obviously.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

EOJ wrote: January 31st, 2019, 7:57 pm

That's not what I was talking about, obviously.

There will be collector's version with various perks, and they will have very limited numbers compared to operator versions. Think for now that collectors version for home and standard for operators at arcades.

You can find that statement from the Shmup Em All EXA Arcadia interview.
http://shmupemall.com/interviews/interv ... 19145.html

The "home version" mentioned by yosai are games previously released on other devices except for EXA Arcadia. We should all know by now that EXA versions will have content that is not available elsewhere.
Last edited by MrJBRPG on February 1st, 2019, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Well that's good news. I'm eager to see what a collectors edition of Aka to Blue Type R will include. :awe:
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

EOJ wrote: January 31st, 2019, 10:02 pm Well that's good news. I'm eager to see what a collectors edition of Aka to Blue Type R will include. :awe:
There was talk about a super limited collector's edition (like 1), so that may go for 1,000,000 yen *

*or not.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

SuperPang wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:51 pm

If you want to buy it, there is no limitation as an individual to buy it but don’t expect it to be consumer level pricing.

No game on the platform is 100% complete, all footage is early.

For context, here are recent prices for arcade games.
Gundam Extreme VS 2 5,500,000 JPY + 9% rev share
Tekken 7 Round 2 Upgrade Kit 800,000 JPY + 36% rev share
Street Fighter V Upgrade Kit 600,000 JPY + 35% rev share

Some of our location test income numbers over 1 week:
Aka & Blue 100,000 JPY
The Kung Fu vs Karate Champ 60,000 JPY (#1 performing fighter in the whole arcade, outperforming Fighting EX Layer 10x)
On average, every game we put on test makes over 35,000 a week meaning an operator can recoup their investment in a month. That simply doesn’t happen with another platform or game.
That's some mic drop.

Do the games support 1080p? A&B in particular.
All games support 1080p native as a requirement so yes. A&B in particular will push the hardware.
Shou

Post by Shou »

EOJ wrote: January 31st, 2019, 7:14 pm

The collectors editions will probably come later and be priced higher than the operator versions.
Collector’s Editions are planned for certain titles, we showed the Strania motherboard version at JAEPO.
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

It's quite impressive really the progress of the hardware.

Hardware specifications listed seems quite powerful enough for the suggested price. Although it may not be representative of final product, on twitch I noticed the system was able to boot into the game menu quickly from a restart. I did not see if it's Windows 10 or the IOT/Embedded but with 8GB of RAM it's likely to be customized.
Using industry standard security is great news and reassuring as it likely features several points of protection that will maintain the investment in hardware.
"Please contact the local attendant"
Shou

Post by Shou »

monouchi wrote: January 31st, 2019, 6:28 am
Shou wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:35 am Some of our location test income numbers over 1 week:
Aka & Blue 100,000 JPY
This sounds really promising, cant wait to see what the other developers are working on.
Does the Exa hardware have mounting tabs to be able to mount it on a wooden board? (Like the Type X2.)
Yes, it does. They are optional.

Wish I could tell you what’s coming but the stuff people want takes time to make and are in the works. Without changing the arcade landscape, they wouldn’t be possible.
Shou

Post by Shou »

jimmerd wrote: February 1st, 2019, 11:39 am It's quite impressive really the progress of the hardware.

Hardware specifications listed seems quite powerful enough for the suggested price. Although it may not be representative of final product, on twitch I noticed the system was able to boot into the game menu quickly from a restart. I did not see if it's Windows 10 or the IOT/Embedded but with 8GB of RAM it's likely to be customized.
Using industry standard security is great news and reassuring as it likely features several points of protection that will maintain the investment in hardware.
exA-Arcadia can boot into the main menu within 5-10 seconds. Tekken 7 takes over 10 minutes.
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

Shou wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 5:27 am exa-Arcadia can boot into the main menu within 5-10 seconds. Tekken 7 takes over 10 minutes.
Thanks for the info Shou.
This is great news and a big factor for me, well done.
Nice with optional mounting tabs also.

I work as a game developer myself so I know all about developing time, fingers crossed that this platform is a success in the arcades.
Jughead
Please Continue...

Post by Jughead »

The system looks awesome. I most probably have missed it but to me the most important part of arcade games is the high score table, are the scores linked via the internet?

I would love to be able to buy the hardware and play at home and then be able to view the high scores from each arcade that has them installed. I would prefer the home scores don’t enter the overall table as it would give you the incentive to visit an arcade an try to have you score on the table.

Good luck with such a great idea and I hope you sell out on your first batch of the hardware.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

I remember asking that question back about multiplayer and got a response that it is possible to do multiplayer though daisy chaining and LAN from Shmup forums:
Shou wrote:
MrJBRPG wrote:I also got a few questions in regards to the multiplayer aspect for Exa Platforms.

So far, I noticed that the pictures have the 1 player setup for location test purposes from the twitter. However, is it possible for multiplayer to happen depending on the number of player controls on the cabinet in addition to console link-up (like LAN connected to multiple cabinet machines)?

Assuming that the EXA Arcadia launches, still allows for cart changing, and custom local multiplayer is implemented, do you plan to allow developers to design custom cabinets to support any number of maximum players (4 players, 8 players, etc.) per cabinet?

I am sure that Exa Arcadia has potential to be an excellent social platform in its own special niche.
The JVS protocol is fully supported which means you could daisy chain 4 IO boards for 8 players but there could be inherent lag with such a setup.
I am only aware of 3 games that chain JVS IO boards for 4 players or more: Beach Spikers, Virtua Tennis 4 and Pengo.

The other way to go about this is via LAN but that would need to be fully implemented by the developer.

If a developer wants to fund making their own cab design and production, we would be open to it but it's not a cheap endeavor.
Over a year later, I am still excited for the possibility of multiplayer. There is so much that can be done with EXA Arcadia multiplayer.

I wonder if it is also possible to use wireless mode to search for the nearest available cabinet? If not, then I understand.
I am curious to know how a daisy-chain between two Exa Arcadia units look like.

I wonder if the maximum number of players per Exa Arcadia Unit is 4 players because there are 4 player games announced? If more than 4 players per motherboard, then great!

One more question, if 2 or more daisy-chained Exa Arcadia units are together and have various cartridges inserted, will the OS notify which games have "link-up multiplayer ready" for games that have the same cartridge or would the host machine with the cartridge send that link-up signal to other connected units without the same game?
limpan
eBay: noebayacc
Initials: LIM

Post by limpan »

Has a release date been set yet?
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

limpan wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 8:15 pm Has a release date been set yet?
All we know for now is that Japan region will have Exa Arcadia units shipped "Before Summer" of this year. Until Shou or Exa Arcadia team confirms explicit release periods for various regions (USA, Europe, China, North and South America, etc.), let's assume that the motherboard with few launch titles will be available starting Summer 2019.

FOR FUN:

Post your tweets to your arcade vendors to show support for Exa Arcadia with release date Summer 2019!

Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

let´s hope this Hype Train will not end in tears....
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Jan wrote: February 4th, 2019, 7:56 am let´s hope this Hype Train will not end in tears....
:pointup: +1