PGM 2 thoughts...

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Bigsasquatch

PGM 2 thoughts...

Post by Bigsasquatch »

Havent seen a lot of discussion on PGM 2.......

I know Pang has one with OL2....... any thoughts on the new hardware / software appreciated.... :D

Like the look of OL2 - how does it play ? How is the card reader implemented....?

Is it 15/31K display ?

On another side note probably also going to pick up PGM with Martial Masters.... what else is worth getting ?

Cheers

BIG S
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Re: PGM 2 thoughts...

Post by Pete »

Like 1 game or something :lol:
Blaine
Please Continue...

Post by Blaine »

I've heard that there is and I've heard that there isn't a cart version of Spectral vs. Generation. Should the latest I heard, that the Japanese release was a cart, be true then I'll say that's one to check out.

Knights of Valor games are also well respected. But, yeah, Martial Masters is pretty much the big one.
HyperDuel
Please Continue...

Post by HyperDuel »

Does anyone knows the specs of the PGM2?
innerpattern
Please Continue...

Post by innerpattern »

OL2 is the only PGM2 game?
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

Post by Neo'nate »

There is a cart version of SVsG!

there are quite a few video's of the PGM2 on youtube and the like, it looks good, but not too much news about it outside of Hong kong and Japan, I get Arcadia magazine virtually every month and they have never once covered niether the hardware or game(s) running on the system. From what I've seen it does look slick (OL2) but it depends on how much you really like scrolling beatemups, as I've not heard/read anything to suggest that it breaks the mould.
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Post by Lordstar »

there has been a big dip in 2D scroling beat em ups. Every time i went to play this when I was in JP there was alwasy someone sat at the machine. hopefully this is a sign that they will look in to producing more games for the system.
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress
Bigsasquatch

Post by Bigsasquatch »

and Knights of Valour for the PGM2 was just offered to me by Legend so now there will be 2 games... :D

BIG S
Blaine
Please Continue...

Post by Blaine »

kernow wrote:Thats PGM, not PGM2!
He had two questions. The first was about Oriental Legend two. Then his 'side note' question was about the PGM.

I also forgot to mention that Demon Front is supposed to be good (I've never played it).
Bigsasquatch

Post by Bigsasquatch »

managed to find a ferw specs that suggested standard CGA output running in 15K ...... would still like to know about the card reader though ? i'll PM SP to see what he says about his.....

BIG S
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Any new 2D hardware is good. PGM2 isn't that much more powerful than PGM, its low res. OL2 is up to IGS's usual standard. Good game, and nicely built hardware.

Definitely get a PGM1 first, more games, cheaper. I don't know what improvements they made to KOV2++ but I'll stick with Nne Dragons ta.
Blaine
Please Continue...

Post by Blaine »

SuperPang wrote:Any new 2D hardware is good. PGM2 isn't that much more powerful than PGM, its low res. OL2 is up to IGS's usual standard. Good game, and nicely built hardware.

Definitely get a PGM1 first, more games, cheaper. I don't know what improvements they made to KOV2++ but I'll stick with Nne Dragons ta.

Any thoughts on the card reader?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I didn't connect mine but I think it saves stats and unlocks the extra characters in OL2
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Bump

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20090406PD203.html

Nice to know the little guy can still make money in a recession.
Khan
Please Continue...

Post by Khan »

Yep I posted about that in other forums, with that information im hoping we get to see alot more games than they had planned which was around 3-4 games on pgm2 per year.

Definantly looking forward to Knights of valour 3 and you can bet im saving my cash up for it :mrgreen: