GigaWing 2 Naomi very difficult

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Rocco

GigaWing 2 Naomi very difficult

Post by Rocco »

Had to share this...

I just started playing that game with the Naomi netboot kit and I found it very very difficult :awe:

I checked the difficulty in the test menu and is 4 of 8...

Am I so bad or is it a really hard game as default?

You can easily dead in the first stage most of the times lol :lol:

What's your experience with this game?
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Re: GigaWing 2 Naomi very difficult

Post by Chempop »

You know you can reflect the bullets back at the enemies right? :awe:
It's a hard game and takes quite a bit of getting used to that timing on the reflect mechanic.
I've game-overed on the final boss many times playing on Dreamcast.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Chempop wrote:You know you can reflect the bullets back at the enemies right? :awe:
It's a hard game and takes quite a bit of getting used to that timing on the reflect mechanic.
I've game-overed on the final boss many times playing on Dreamcast.

Hat's off for you then... Couldn't you bear the final boss one coin clear?

Yes I know about the reflection, bullets or laser I think.

I only played like 10 credits but the game made me feel like an idiot :lol:

Sometimes is too late to start the reflection because I guess it has to be made only when there are a lot of bullets on the screen...

Other thing I found out... Why sometimes the reflection is activated alone without holding down the shot button?
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

Couldn't you bear the final boss one coin clear?
I experienced the same situation for the first Gigawing on Dreamcast. The ports are lacking a lot of slowdown, at least for MarsMatrix and Gigawing1.
The laser is cool, but the reflect is better for score, protection, and damage when used with good timing.
Sometimes is too late to start the reflection because I guess it has to be made only when there are a lot of bullets on the screen...
Other thing I found out... Why sometimes the reflection is activated alone without holding down the shot button?
No, you can do it any time as long as your meter is full and it's 'ready'. Just remember you have to hold the button down and it takes a second for it to activate. It should never activate unless you hold down the shot button, maybe your setup is screwy.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Chempop wrote:
Couldn't you bear the final boss one coin clear?
I experienced the same situation for the first Gigawing on Dreamcast. The ports are lacking a lot of slowdown, at least for MarsMatrix and Gigawing1.
The laser is cool, but the reflect is better for score, protection, and damage when used with good timing.
No, you can do it any time as long as your meter is full and it's 'ready'. Just remember you have to hold the button down and it takes a second for it to activate. It should never activate unless you hold down the shot button, maybe your setup is screwy.

Thank you very much ;)

My setup is a fully reconditioned Blast city, maybe the screwy setup is my finger :lol:
Dache

Post by Dache »

Rocco wrote:
My setup is a fully reconditioned Blast city, maybe the screwy setup is my finger :lol:
It's definitely possible to keep triggering the reflect shield by hammering too quickly on the shot button when the shield gauge is full... would've been better if it were on a third button to trigger instantly, but oh well!
theman
eBay: aero_city
Initials: RJC

Post by theman »

The giga wings and mars matrix kicked my **** hard back on dreamcast. But for some reason i love them.