New Multiboard RaspberryJAMMA

Coin-operated games and arcades.
OlDirty

Re: New Multiboard RaspberryJAMMA

Post by OlDirty »

Very nice solution :awe: . Would this run plug and play on an Egret 2 with original monitor?
Wanted to buy a 60-1 mutli PCB, but this seems pretty interesting.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Yeah, the MS9 should be fine as is (without a video amp). I had a mame setup with no amp on an E2 and it looked great.
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

Do Cave games run properly on it? I know they also don't run 100% accurate on a MAME PC :P . But do they run as good as on a normal PC?
Kretinou
eBay: Perklorik
Initials: JIC

Post by Kretinou »

I ordered one for the fun. :shifty:
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

On the other forum a member mentioned that SH3 Cave games run like ***** on this hardware and that a Raspberry Pi 3 would be needed. What a pitty :cry:
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

I don't know what performance it needs to run 10 year old games and handies also play Cave games. :roll:
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

To be more precise, i meant SH3 hardware (Cave Games). Older ones like Dodonpachi, ESP, Guwange should be fine he said.
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

I dont think SH3 emulation is perfect on anything yet ? Ill wait till its 100% then build a PC that can handle it
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
swisstoni
eBay: Keith.Beesting

Post by swisstoni »

Just a quick update for this thread sorry ive been busy over xmas working and have only just had chance to reply. Although the board has no video amp which makes some of the games look a bit too dark ive had some success with the brightness side of things changing the gamma setting upto 1.25 or 1.5 in the mame.cfg setting in the Mame4all directory makes the games look as they should now, obviously adjust the gamma to the level required for your screen. Also the brightness can be improved in AdvanceMAME changing the brightness again to 1.25 or 1.5 in the advmame.rc file in the .advance directory in the linux partitition makes the brightness look great but it only works for MAME 106 roms, MAME 078 and FBA (best emulators for CPS2 and CPS3) use retroarch which can be accessed by pressing the player one button and F1 on a USB keyboard theres no brightness option in the menu but im told a shader could be used to increase the brightness so what we really need is the default shader with more brightness, if anyone has one or can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated I will give it a try and see if it works and has any performance hit.

Also this weekend im going to try and upload at least another video showing some vertical games running (with the emulator doing the rotation), pubjoe I will also do a quick video for you showing a view of me pressing buttons and a view of the screen for button lag purposes also to answer your question theres no screen tearing even using FBA.
swisstoni

Post by swisstoni »

Button lag test uploaded for pubjoe, sorry its from a phone camera : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4kCly3HII
pubjoe wrote:Thanks for the videos. It's a great little set up. Could you answer a few questions?

[*]How about input lag? If you have a 60+ fps camera, a view of both the joystick and screen for a few presses would be fantastic. :shifty:[/list]
Kretinou

Post by Kretinou »

Thank you swisstoni the videos ! :thumbup:
swisstoni

Post by swisstoni »

2 New videos added to the main post, a horizontal video featuring the following games : Aliens, Golden Axe, Nemesis, Robocop, Moonwalker, Pacland, R Type, R Type 2 & The Simpsons and a vertical video featuring, 1942, Commando, DoDonPachi, Flying Shark, Juno First, Pacman, Scramble, Raiden, Slap Fight, Terra Cresta and Varth, apologies the video has been rotated rather than go to the hassle of turning my monitor around its not a great video but you can get an idea of how the vertical games run (ive also do a few close ups of the edges in the videos to show theres no screen tearing), the advancemenu config file has been changed to rotate the menu and MAME4ALL is doing the screen rotation, also I have managed to find a working shader for FBA and MAME 078 so screen brightness can now be changed for all emulators via the software.
Kretinou

Post by Kretinou »

Swisstoni, always satisfied with your purchase ? I look forward to receiving mine :)
swisstoni

Post by swisstoni »

Yes very happy with it :)
Kretinou wrote:Swisstoni, always satisfied with your purchase ? I look forward to receiving mine :)
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

Thanks a lot for the videos :awe: . Makes me wanna buy one :( .
Any idea if those games run fine on the Raspberry? :roll:

EDIT Mame 1.06:
Battle Garegga : no rom for this game available
Armed Police Batrider : runs ok
Battle Bakraid : runs ok
Batsugun: no music, just sound effects
Last edited by OlDirty on March 2nd, 2016, 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Do the games run at native resolution?
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:Do the games run at native resolution?
Hey mark why dont you just get a new PC case and a SSD drive and clone it so you can keep your current GM set up? that way you can keep your set up make it probably 50 times faster and tidy it up with the new case and stick it inside your cab

what specs are your PC btw ? if its a 775 skt you can get a E8500 dual core CPU now for about £12 and a 120GB SSD for £30
YouTube
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

trev1976 wrote:
Ex_Mosquito wrote:Do the games run at native resolution?
Hey mark why dont you just get a new PC case and a SSD drive and clone it so you can keep your current GM set up? that way you can keep your set up make it probably 50 times faster and tidy it up with the new case and stick it inside your cab

what specs are your PC btw ? if its a 775 skt you can get a E8500 dual core CPU now for about £12 and a 120GB SSD for £30
Whoops I didn't see this post. Yeah I need to do something, my PC is a bit bulky sat next to the cab and it takes forever to boot. From memory its a core2duo 2.4ghz with 2 gig of ram and running XP. What would I be looking at price-wise if I mounted a new mb and all the bits? I'm assuming I can still use the same gfx-card?
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

I wouldn't get a new MB , id upgraded the CPU to a E8500 get a matching 2GB of ram to make a total of 4GB ram or a new 4GB stick and get a SSD drive and clone it. That way it would be a pretty cheap upgrade and the PC would be flying speed wise.

You could keep your GPU and wouldn't need to mess around with any set up. Also ive Overclocked my CPU for even more speed.

Is the board a MATX ? if so it would fit into a nice small tidy case with a MATX PSU.

Imo you have the ultimate set up with GM already, you just need to make it faster and tidier.
YouTube
zipper
eBay: bazpatts
Initials: BAZ

Post by zipper »

Hey Ex_Mosquito,
It was your explanation of Groovymame in an old thread here that encouraged me to build a machine a year or so ago. Like you, it sat next to the cab.
I've just switched to a Windows 7 64bit set up, still with the HD4350 (low profile one, flashed with Atom 15), using 'super resolutions' and groovymame 0.158... but now in a mini tower (Dell Optiplex E7400 C2D 4gb ram). It sits inside the NAC (same as yours) very nicely and i'm playing games in < 1 min. In the bios, I've set it to power on when power is restored... So I never have to go in the cab (which is in my 7yr old's room, lucky boy). Just a standard HDD, would be seriously quick with a little SSD in there. Shuts down in about 10 seconds.
Here's a video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWRdlrvg5Xs