Dirt Devils (SEGA 1998)

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Radiac
Please Continue...
Re: Dirt Devils (SEGA 1998)

Post by Radiac »

Heh... Dirt Devils finally getting some love! Great writeup. DD is a really fun game, but so obscure... I think it would have been more popular had people had a chance to play it in the wild. I was really fortunate (and surprised) to find one in the US, and had I not purchased it, I'm sure I would never have gotten to play the game. Never once saw it in a location...

I love the visuals of the game and feel it's one of the best looking Model 3 titles. I don't quite get the hate for the audio. It's certainly not the best of the M3 games, but it's not that bad IMO - particularly since it was all onboard and didn't use the DSBs.

Interesting that there are hidden vehicles and tracks. Very cool. Anyone have any info on how to access them?
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

Some more info here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/566976-d ... iews/28845

"There are four tracks plus one hidden which is unlocked when the game has played a 100 credits. And you have 5 vehicles at your disposal plus one large truck which is unlocked later (not sure how/when). "

The truck should be either time-locked or amount of games played locked.
KillingMoon
Please Continue...
eBay: J.Jhonny81

Post by KillingMoon »

Sega Model 3 was a really fantastic graphic board, it was better than Ps2, or gamecube and also Xbox.
Fantastic colours and textures.
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

Well, that's what you get when you have a bunch of fanatic Japanese with access to discount on RAM chips. Nothing bad can ever come from it.