Taito Type X2 Games.

Coin-operated games and arcades.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by andygeezer »

Hellfromabove wrote:Okay, so previously I posted something about games that are not only married to dongles, but boards as well. Turns out that no game is actually married to a board. There is a sticker on the TX2 on the bottom right that might make you think differently though. The sticker will say that the board is only able to be played with the game it came with. However, this is a poor translation. They mean to say that the board itself comes with a DMAC PCI card which allows a user to plug in a Fast I/O board. Fast I/O boards are needed for games such as Darius Burst, the standalone version of BBCS2, and everything on the NESiCA system. So basically any newer type of game.

Also, interesting piece of information, BBCS2 standalone version is able to not only use Fast I/O boards, but JVS I/O boards as well. This is probably the only game that has this functionality. KOF XIII Climax might as well, but since I have never actually seen the game, I cannot provide an answer.
Darius, real puncher 2 and other dedicated stuff are 100% married to mainboard as well, tested them on other x2.
Say hello to my little friend...
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Also, interesting piece of information, BBCS2 standalone version is able to not only use Fast I/O boards, but JVS I/O boards as well.

BBCS2 is from 2011/2012 , isn`t it ? Fast i/o is from 2013 ?

anway,USF4 TX3 does also Support both Fast i/o and JVS (atleast <1.05)
KOF XIII Climax might as well, but since I have never actually seen the game, I cannot provide an answer.
HDD Version does Support JVS.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Niko
Please Continue...

Post by Niko »

Hellfromabove wrote:Okay, so previously I posted something about games that are not only married to dongles, but boards as well. Turns out that no game is actually married to a board. There is a sticker on the TX2 on the bottom right that might make you think differently though. The sticker will say that the board is only able to be played with the game it came with. However, this is a poor translation. They mean to say that the board itself comes with a DMAC PCI card which allows a user to plug in a Fast I/O board. Fast I/O boards are needed for games such as Darius Burst, the standalone version of BBCS2, and everything on the NESiCA system. So basically any newer type of game.

Also, interesting piece of information, BBCS2 standalone version is able to not only use Fast I/O boards, but JVS I/O boards as well. This is probably the only game that has this functionality. KOF XIII Climax might as well, but since I have never actually seen the game, I cannot provide an answer.
It's not so much that "games arnt married to a board", but boards are not married to games. A lot of the newer X2's come with a silver sticker mentioning the PCB is designed only to play a specific game. However, that does not necessarily seem to be the case. My theory being they come with a DMAC for certain games.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Niko wrote:It's not so much that "games arnt married to a board", but boards are not married to games. A lot of the newer X2's come with a silver sticker mentioning the PCB is designed only to play a specific game. However, that does not necessarily seem to be the case. My theory being they come with a DMAC for certain games.
Ah, this would make sense.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

A lot of the newer X2's come with a silver sticker mentioning the PCB is designed only to play a specific game.
afaik NesicaxLive ready Motherboards.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Jan wrote:BBCS2 is from 2011/2012 , isn`t it ? Fast i/o is from 2013 ?
FIO had to have come well before 2013. Darius Burst was the first game to utilize it and that dropped in 2010.
Jan wrote:HDD Version does Support JVS.
Yeah, no doubt in my mind that it supports JVS, but was more interested in if it supported FIO as well. BBCS2 supports both JVS and FIO. Since Climax was released in 2012, I was curious if it was on the same boat.
Jan wrote:afaik NesicaxLive ready Motherboards.
Yeah, definitely NxL boards. I believe these and Darius Burst are the most common ones.