Taito Type X2 Games.

Coin-operated games and arcades.
User avatar
Jan
EU trade negotiator
Posts: 3828
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 7:56 pm
Location: Germany
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Jan »

aha !

ARC Blazblue Continuum Shift II Ver.1.10 HDD & Dongle Kit - Import Preorder
*INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS :

DEVELOPER: ARC SYSTEM WORKS
GENRE: VS FIGHTING
OPERATION: 1 LEVER & 4 BUTTONS
PLAYERS: 1-2 PLAYERS
ADVANCED ORDER: BY OCT. 21, 2011
THE FIRST SALES QTY: 20 kits
RELEASE DATE: SCHEDULED IN MID/NOV/2011
ARTWORK & MANUAL: BY DOWNLOADING FROM OFFICIAL SITE
(The contents will be uploaded as soon as releasing)
PCB USED: TYPE-X2 (TAITO)
PRODUCT FORM: HDD & USB DONGLE
DEPOSIT AMOUNT: US$1,000 to secure preorder with manufacturer
OFFICIAL SITE: http://blazblue.jp/ac/
http://ncsx.blogspot.de/2011_10_19_archive.html
penis
User avatar
kazuo
Posts: 387
Joined: November 3rd, 2008, 7:18 am
Location: Phuket

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by kazuo »

Niko wrote:How exactly did the upgrades work? Where they one time use USB drives that upgraded the image on the harddrive??
You had to send the drives back to Taito to have them updated. This was also true for Street Fighter 4 (AE->Ver.2012). Sega did distribute updates for Ring hardware prior to ALL.NET on USB keys, however, but that's a different story.

KOFXIII HDDs were never upgrade-able to Climax, I'm not sure where you all read that, but it is false. You had to purchase a whole new kit (it included an artset, which I happen to have through a series of amusing circumstances :awe:). Also, TX2 Climax has not been dumped. It's possible to have it dumped quite easily if people are willing to contribute to a fund to purchase an HDD to do it. :P

Regarding the artset for CS2, I believe that you could print it yourself via pdf, but I am fairly certain a friend of mine who purchased one received an artset from the distributor (could be the distributor printed it as a courtesy). The kit price was ~$2400USD if I am not mistaken, which was common for new Type X2 kits at the time and not out of the ordinary. They were available in very limited quantities.
User avatar
Niko
Please Continue...
Posts: 52
Joined: May 19th, 2015, 4:27 pm
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Niko »

kazuo wrote:
Niko wrote:How exactly did the upgrades work? Where they one time use USB drives that upgraded the image on the harddrive??
You had to send the drives back to Taito to have them updated. This was also true for Street Fighter 4 (AE->Ver.2012). Sega did distribute updates for Ring hardware prior to ALL.NET on USB keys, however, but that's a different story.

KOFXIII HDDs were never upgrade-able to Climax, I'm not sure where you all read that, but it is false. You had to purchase a whole new kit (it included an artset, which I happen to have through a series of amusing circumstances :awe:). Also, TX2 Climax has not been dumped. It's possible to have it dumped quite easily if people are willing to contribute to a fund to purchase an HDD to do it. :P

Regarding the artset for CS2, I believe that you could print it yourself via pdf, but I am fairly certain a friend of mine who purchased one received an artset from the distributor (could be the distributor printed it as a courtesy). The kit price was ~$2400USD if I am not mistaken, which was common for new Type X2 kits at the time and not out of the ordinary. They were available in very limited quantities.
Who is running the fund? Because I would contribute to it.
User avatar
Jan
EU trade negotiator
Posts: 3828
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 7:56 pm
Location: Germany
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Jan »

so, someone picked up the Climax ? I have $$$ waiting for a dump :awe:
penis
User avatar
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
Posts: 1122
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 6:16 pm
Location: Sweden
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by monouchi »

Jan wrote:so, someone picked up the Climax ? I have $$$ waiting for a dump :awe:
You have a kit on YJ for 170k Yen. ;)
User avatar
Jan
EU trade negotiator
Posts: 3828
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 7:56 pm
Location: Germany
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Jan »

i was ready to buy at 150/160K but it sold for 170k so no luck.

thats why i asked maybe someone here bought it ;)

should have bought it for 170k :-? :palm:
penis
User avatar
Shou
Posts: 598
Joined: August 25th, 2009, 4:45 am
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Shou »

I have a Climax which I purchased awhile back. Konami was the distributor.

Image
User avatar
Jan
EU trade negotiator
Posts: 3828
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 7:56 pm
Location: Germany
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Jan »

:roll:
Last edited by Jan on November 16th, 2015, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
penis
User avatar
Niko
Please Continue...
Posts: 52
Joined: May 19th, 2015, 4:27 pm
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Niko »

Shou wrote:I have a Climax which I purchased awhile back. Konami was the distributor.

Image
PM'D
Last edited by Niko on November 14th, 2015, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jan
EU trade negotiator
Posts: 3828
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 7:56 pm
Location: Germany
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Jan »

:lol:
penis
User avatar
PRNeo80
Posts: 42
Joined: April 25th, 2011, 3:57 pm
Location: Barcelona

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by PRNeo80 »

:wtf:
User avatar
Niko
Please Continue...
Posts: 52
Joined: May 19th, 2015, 4:27 pm
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Niko »

Jan wrote::lol:
???
User avatar
Hellfromabove
Posts: 381
Joined: January 8th, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Hellfromabove »

Shou wrote:I have a Climax which I purchased awhile back. Konami was the distributor.

Image
Lucky sob. Scan those inserts and marquees, those ones must be rare! :awe:
User avatar
Hellfromabove
Posts: 381
Joined: January 8th, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Hellfromabove »

So, some games actually didn't require dongles and their security was stored on the bios of the hardware of the TX2. However, due to this, that board was married to that game.

My question is, has anyone seen a game that has a dongle and is ALSO married to a board?
User avatar
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Posts: 2491
Joined: August 24th, 2008, 12:25 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK
Initials: AGS

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by andygeezer »

Hellfromabove wrote:So, some games actually didn't require dongles and their security was stored on the bios of the hardware of the TX2. However, due to this, that board was married to that game.

My question is, has anyone seen a game that has a dongle and is ALSO married to a board?
Yes darius burst series, real puncher 2 and nescia stuff to name a few.
Say hello to my little friend...
Image
User avatar
Hellfromabove
Posts: 381
Joined: January 8th, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Hellfromabove »

andygeezer wrote:
Hellfromabove wrote:So, some games actually didn't require dongles and their security was stored on the bios of the hardware of the TX2. However, due to this, that board was married to that game.

My question is, has anyone seen a game that has a dongle and is ALSO married to a board?
Yes darius burst series, real puncher 2 and nescia stuff to name a few.
Thanks for the info Andy.

Do you know why this was done? Was it put in place as an effort to strengthen security?

You mentioned Nesica there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after an operator has ended their Nesica service, they must return the TX2 with the HD and dongle to Taito, correct?
User avatar
Jan
EU trade negotiator
Posts: 3828
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 7:56 pm
Location: Germany
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Jan »

https://twitter.com/Round1USA/status/63 ... wsrc%5Etfw
[NEW GAME]
NESiCAxLive is now in store at our Puente Hills, CA location! :) Be sure to drop by and check it out!
Newest version of #BlazBlue is now available at Puente Hills location! Start your weekend early with us! :)
penis
User avatar
Hellfromabove
Posts: 381
Joined: January 8th, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Hellfromabove »

Jan wrote:https://twitter.com/Round1USA/status/63 ... wsrc%5Etfw
[NEW GAME]
NESiCAxLive is now in store at our Puente Hills, CA location! :) Be sure to drop by and check it out!
Newest version of #BlazBlue is now available at Puente Hills location! Start your weekend early with us! :)
Yup, I go every couple weeks to play BBCF. Place gets pretty packed with people playing. There's a downside to USFIV players though, the cabs that run BB also run USFIV and they're usually occupied with BB. So the SFIV guys usually have to settle with play SSFIV:AE2012.
User avatar
Niko
Please Continue...
Posts: 52
Joined: May 19th, 2015, 4:27 pm
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Niko »

I wish I could play BBCF :(
User avatar
Hellfromabove
Posts: 381
Joined: January 8th, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Taito Type X2 Games.

Post by Hellfromabove »

Okay, so previously I posted something about games that are not only married to dongles, but boards as well. Turns out that no game is actually married to a board. There is a sticker on the TX2 on the bottom right that might make you think differently though. The sticker will say that the board is only able to be played with the game it came with. However, this is a poor translation. They mean to say that the board itself comes with a DMAC PCI card which allows a user to plug in a Fast I/O board. Fast I/O boards are needed for games such as Darius Burst, the standalone version of BBCS2, and everything on the NESiCA system. So basically any newer type of game.

Also, interesting piece of information, BBCS2 standalone version is able to not only use Fast I/O boards, but JVS I/O boards as well. This is probably the only game that has this functionality. KOF XIII Climax might as well, but since I have never actually seen the game, I cannot provide an answer.
Post Reply