CPS Dash blue case?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
jhonny_d
eBay: rapace_mnb

CPS Dash blue case?

Post by jhonny_d »

was browsing the wiki and stumbled upon this link

http://therealundamned.blogspot.it/2009 ... -from.html

second pic shows a blue case cadillac and a blue case warriors of fate! WTF?

Never saw/heard of these
richy13
Ming the Merciless
eBay: ...

Re: CPS Dash blue case?

Post by richy13 »

There rental versions. If you use the zoom function on photobucket you will see the serial sticker is also different just like CPS2 rental boards.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

dont see many of them about these days not that ive ever noticed many ,i think ive only noticed one on yaj in recent times .

I'd love to get my hands on a cadillacs one just for the blue case :lolno: :roll:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
richy13
Ming the Merciless

Post by richy13 »

geotrig wrote:dont see many of them about these days not that ive ever noticed many ,i think ive only noticed one on yaj in recent times .

I'd love to get my hands on a cadillacs one just for the blue case :lolno: :roll:
There pretty rare - I think I've only seen a Tenchi Wo Kurau 2 for sale before.
Last edited by richy13 on July 13th, 2015, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

richy13 wrote:
geotrig wrote:dont see many of them about these days not that ive ever noticed many ,i think ive only noticed one on yaj in recent times .

They pretty rare - I think I've only seen a Tenchi Wo Kurau 2 for sale before.

Yeah thats the only one I've seen as well ,i think ,probably the same one :lol: I didn't watch it at time so no idea what it sold for UD's pics are the only picture I've seen of a cads though.i though i saw a picture somewhere of another one of the ones but cant remember now or am i juist getting mixed up.

dont think ive seen any of the others

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
richy13
Ming the Merciless

Post by richy13 »

I found clearer images of the the rental stickers and sent it to my friend in Japan and he's translated it for me..

Tenchi Wo Kurau II

ownership
CAPCOM(R)
CP SYSTEM [DASH]
PCB for rental lease only
Rental No. *********
CAPCOM CO. LTD.

Cadillac and Dinosaurs - It has a standard production sticker.

CAPCOM(R)
CP SYSTEM [DASH]
SER. No. ******
manufacture no.
CAPCOM CO. LTD.
jhonny_d

Post by jhonny_d »

thank you for the explanation guys, I just wonder why the went to all the troubles to make a different color case, wasn't something like a sticker more economic and practical?
undamned
Please Continue...
eBay: undamned
Initials: UND

Post by undamned »

jhonny_d wrote:I just wonder why the went to all the troubles to make a different color case, wasn't something like a sticker more economic and practical?
Stickers can be damaged/reproduced. Nobody is going to reproduce those different color cases. Capcom held that view on CPS2 w/ the Yellow cases.

I believe there was a blue DASH case on YAJ less than a month ago w/o label. Can't recall which game was inside. I was tempted to pick up just for the cool case :D
-ud
"Sin and death's got the whole world gettin' illa, but I praise God for the Blood Spilla."
jhonny_d

Post by jhonny_d »

yes, but my point was if it was really worth considering the super low amount of the blue versions, they didn't even bothered to have a different case for the cps changer!
richy13
Ming the Merciless

Post by richy13 »

jhonny_d wrote:yes, but my point was if it was really worth considering the super low amount of the blue versions, they didn't even bothered to have a different case for the cps changer!
The only reason there's a very small amount of rental boards today is due to them been property of Capcom's and most of them will of been destroyed at some point when there was no more need for them to exist.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

I would think the cost wouldnt have been any different for them to be fair. It would have been just using a different dye in a different batch run .probably no different than the different colour case carts used with mvs

undamned
Please Continue...
eBay: undamned
Initials: UND

Post by undamned »

geotrig wrote:I would think the cost wouldnt have been any different for them to be fair. It would have been just using a different dye in a different batch run .probably no different than the different colour case carts used with mvs
Yup. The real investment was having molds created period. Injecting different color plastic isn't a cost consideration in the least.
-ud
"Sin and death's got the whole world gettin' illa, but I praise God for the Blood Spilla."
jhonny_d

Post by jhonny_d »

richy13 wrote:
jhonny_d wrote:yes, but my point was if it was really worth considering the super low amount of the blue versions, they didn't even bothered to have a different case for the cps changer!
The only reason there's a very small amount of rental boards today is due to them been property of Capcom's and most of them will of been destroyed at some point when there was no more need for them to exist.
thanks for pointing this out, never thought of this
also thanks to everyone else for explanations on costs