Getting a cab shipped from the US.

Coin-operated games and arcades.
geldra

Getting a cab shipped from the US.

Post by geldra »

Hi,

Cross posted on J+ too, just after anyone's experience of getting a cab shipped from the US.

"Does anyone have any experience and/or advice on getting a cab shipped over from the US? Or are there any resources on AO already that I can be pointed in the direction of? It'd be a single Pacman style cab, does anyone have a rough estimate on costs etc and recommendations for companies etc? Basically I am
clueless so any help would be amazing.

Cheers!"

Edit: found a post by system11 about 5 years ago saying it cost about £500 then. Lord knows what it'd cost now.
Astro City is only a letter away from atrocity. Makes you think doesn’t it?
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Re: Getting a cab shipped from the US.

Post by cRacKh0rN »

I imported a Donkey Kong cab around 6 years ago using DHL. If I remember correctly, it cost me around £700 in total including VAT (which I claimed back through the company).

The actual shipping was handled ok. The seller palletised it (a requirement) and after 3 weeks it arrived in one piece.
The cab itself was not how the seller described it, so my advice would be to get as much detail about the cab as you can.
Make sure that it has all its original components (the only original parts on my DK was the wooden shell!)

DHL also required me to have a business account and I later found out that it would have worked out cheaper if the seller could have arranged it his end.

Pacman cabs are fairly common in the UK (I bought one off a guy on J+) so it may be worth hanging around in J+ and UKVac to get one. It will probably work out cheaper unless the seller is a business that ships stuff abroad on a regular basis.

Good luck!

P.S. Also try getting one from Europe before the US. Germany had its fair share of original cabs like DK and Pac.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Perfect time to buy a cab from Europe actually.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

At dragonslairfans forum they bring containers to europe, maybe you can check if that's something for you?
supergoose
Please Continue...

Post by supergoose »

SuperPang wrote:Perfect time to buy a cab from Europe actually.

:problem:
Wanted: SNK Candy 18 spares. Mainly looking for a marquee holder & the "video games" sign.