New Jamma game - SKYCURSER

Coin-operated games and arcades.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Re: New Jamma game - SKYCURSER

Post by yosai »

This doesn't make the game look too good. Especially the game crashing at 09:09 & 22:15.... :lol:

rewrite
eBay: quin-leyd
Initials: ATP

Post by rewrite »

Johnnychaos wrote:
spmbx wrote:Still pc+jpac inside i suppose?
you can see in the latest pics it's still got a JPAC for the jamma edge. but would be nice to see a full internal shot.
It's not much to look at, just an off the shelf PC motherboard, and audio amp, volume control pot, and an ATX 20-pin power adapter PCB that comes off the JPAC, and of course, the JPAC.

Please excused my dirty floor and camera phone pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/6vwKr
Last edited by rewrite on August 26th, 2017, 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rewrite

Post by rewrite »

pulstarx wrote:Is it true that you can just plug in the SC USB Stick into a PC and play it? :-o

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1268151
It's true. It works on 2/3 of my home desktops.
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Post by Braintrash »

Typo in the service menu.
I guess QC was a paid option in GameMaker...
rewrite

Post by rewrite »

spmbx wrote:Thanks, it does look pretty neat for being standard pc hardware though. Nicer and more compact than the typex/lingbergh which, apart from the semi-sexy lid on the case, look like our office pc's :)
This has a lot lower system requirements is why they can get away with the tiny motherboard. It uses the AMD APU as its graphics driver, so no need for a dedicated GPU, which means no no need for PCI slots, etc.

It's a bummer that "New JAMMA game" is essentially "New Linux game shipped with an entire PC we attached a JPAC to" though :/.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I'm curious about the power supply. Any chance of some better shots of that from both sides? Looks like a PicoPSU or clone, but none of those run from the 5V rail. If its running on the 12V that means its likely putting a heck of a strain on most arcade PSUs.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

It's a bummer that "New JAMMA game" is essentially "New Linux game shipped with an entire PC we attached a JPAC to" though
On the plus side you can **** all of that off and install name on it.

:awe:
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

cools wrote:I'm curious about the power supply. Any chance of some better shots of that from both sides? Looks like a PicoPSU or clone, but none of those run from the 5V rail. If its running on the 12V that means its likely putting a heck of a strain on most arcade PSUs.
I tried something like this but with the CPU power socket fed directly from from the Jamma 5v pin and the 12v powering the rest through a picoPSU . It was the same little red computer you saw at mine. It booted but was unstable and I decided not to waste all my time with it. Also I don't really know what I'm doing!
rewrite

Post by rewrite »

cools wrote:I'm curious about the power supply. Any chance of some better shots of that from both sides? Looks like a PicoPSU or clone, but none of those run from the 5V rail. If its running on the 12V that means its likely putting a heck of a strain on most arcade PSUs.
It is a PicoPSU. And it doesn't work with most arcade PSU's very well. It's very unstable. The response I got was pretty much you need a brand new "over spec" 4a on 12v PSU if you intend to run their game. And honestly even then it suffers and randomly shuts off and reboots. Works fine with a standard ATX PSU though. But let's be honest, that defeats the purpose.

https://imgur.com/a/xuv7a
rewrite

Post by rewrite »

yosai wrote:
It's a bummer that "New JAMMA game" is essentially "New Linux game shipped with an entire PC we attached a JPAC to" though
On the plus side you can **** all of that off and install name on it.

:awe:
I spent some time trying to do this, but I simply don't understand Linux well enough. The USB is a few different partitions, BOOT, OS, GAME, and SWAP. And I'm not skilled enough to poke around and get it to boot to anything aside from the game.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

AteThePrincess wrote:
It is a PicoPSU. And it doesn't work with most arcade PSU's very well. It's very unstable. The response I got was pretty much you need a brand new "over spec" 4a on 12v PSU if you intend to run their game. And honestly even then it suffers and randomly shuts off and reboots. Works fine with a standard ATX PSU though. But let's be honest, that defeats the purpose.

https://imgur.com/a/xuv7a
Lolmax. The PicoPSU passes 12V through directly too.

That's atrociously poor. New JAMMA hardware = lies.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

:palm:
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

yosai wrote:This doesn't make the game look too good. Especially the game crashing at 09:09 & 22:15.... :lol:

Man, that's one apologetic lemon owner. *can't tell everyone how bad it is on Youtube in case I have to when I sell it on soon*

"Probably the first playtrough on Youtube, except for some Japanese guys who made it to the loop, but not everyone speaks Japanese" - JAPJAC (Leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one' © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.), is that you?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

The game itself looks alright, but throw it out on Steam, work out the kinks and finish it then do a proper arcade release on non **** hardware.