What Street Fighter games have you played?

Coin-operated games and arcades.

What SF games have you played?

Street Fighter
4%
Street Fighter II WW / SF2
8%
Street Fighter II CE / SF2'
8%
Street Fighter II Turbo /SF2'T
7%
Super Street Fighter II /SSF2
7%
Super Street Fighter II Turbo / SSF2X
8%
Street Fighter Zero / Alpha
7%
Street Fighter Zero 2 / Alpha 2
7%
Street Fighter Zero 3 / Alpha 3
7%
Street Fighter EX
5%
Street Fighter EX2
4%
Street Fighter III New Generation
6%
Street Fighter III Giant Attack
5%
Street Fighter III Third Strike
8%
Street Fighter IV (includes Super and Ultra)
7%

Total votes: 869
theman
eBay: aero_city
Initials: RJC

Re: What Street Fighter games have you played?

Post by theman »

Played all apart from EX 2, have I missed out there.
Spectrexcwk
Please Continue...
eBay: Spectrexcwk
Initials: Nwb

Post by Spectrexcwk »

I’ve played every single one.

Hyper fighting is incredibly fun.

Super turbo can put you in a flow state like no other fighting game imo. Plus all these years later tech is still being discovered or resurfaced. Plus everybody knows how to play so at any event it’s easy to find competition.

Alpha 3 - Best announcer, presentation, and excitement factor. The whole package just feels like balls to wall hype. If you don’t believe me load it up, crank the volume and play on Cammy’s, Ken’s, or Ryu’s stage.

Ex series - arika proving a damn fine sf can be made it 3d. Fantastic music, great animation (for its time), and innovative mechanics. It introduced super cancels and guard breaks into sf. That the series has a bad reputation in the competitive scene is bewildering. Arika made the first 3D sf with no input delay, no major slowdown, and no game breaking bugs. And they blended their fighting layer characters in naturally. I mean nash has a doctorine dark costume in sfv!

Third strike - A triumph of humanity. The zenith of Capcom’s fighting game ability. Goat soundtrack. There’s a reason cooperation cup still gets hundreds of entrants.

IV series- dumb **** art style, super simple mechanics, boring as **** music. I did grow to love it anyway. And it helped the fgc grow into what it is now. IMO everyone that loves fighting games should respect the ground this game broke. It brought soooooo many new players. And damn good ones too like smug, nuckledu, k-brad, pepeday. Oh god the drama and stories and money matches that developed around this. Definitely an unforgettable piece of the legacy.

Sfv- a **** disgrace. Honest to god I hope the developers are ashamed of themselves. For 30 years different teams have looked at projectiles and uppercuts and fine tuned them to their vision. They did that while retaining a strong connection to the soul of sf, sf2. The sfv team said I dunno let’s make them both ****, make normals stubby, and then force rush down 100% of the time. I mean this is a team so incompetent they added artificial input delay!

* it’s been called “Duty Fighter V” by the Japanese pros because they only play it out of a sense of duty to their sponsors.
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

SF fans should check out the new Undisputed Street Fighter book. I haven't finished it yet, but it's pretty good. Lots of info about the FGC starting up.