Neo Geo slim case

Coin-operated games and arcades.
uncletom

Re: Neo Geo slim case

Post by uncletom »

Well, would you prefer green instead?

I put the slips with the red side inwards so that you can see the back of the carts and the name label. It really looks just like a collection of old videotapes now. And now it all takes up slightly less space hightwise, widthwise there's very little difference.
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

Anyway, here's how it looks in practice. I know it doesn't do the slips any justice, because they are so much prettier on their own. This looks more like some tin-town junk yard sale, but it's what I have. I won't even make up excuses for my labels, but I will do something about that later.

EllertMichael
Initials: EME

Post by EllertMichael »

I actually got something similar from cdamm on the neo forums and I love them. It's nice not to have to break out the q-tips and isopropyl whenever I wanna change games :awe:
I took the Grizz labels from JNX and enlarged them slightly
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

That's a nice and tidy collection you've got there, Ellert. Nice and colorful labels too.

Are they like closed boxes, or slips like mine?
EllertMichael
Initials: EME

Post by EllertMichael »

They are slips like yours. So they could also be displayed cart label out as you have.

I actually have ten more sleeves ready to eventually fill the rest of the shelf where that copy of Deathsmiles currently sits.
I think 30 titles would make a pretty solid MVS collection.
I'm just having trouble narrowing down those final 10 carts :problem:
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

:D well, I'm having trouble narrowing down my MVS department to under 20 pieces. I'm not really a neogeo fan, I mostly fancy certain Metal Slugs, Pulstar and Blazing Star, certain KOFs, and a few of those early titles like Viewpoint and Thrash Rally. The more recent games I managed to attract has been out of curiosity or low price. But they have to go. It's just taking up valuable space in my shelves.
supergoose
Please Continue...

Post by supergoose »

cools wrote:Dusting won't help with skin oils or UV damage...

MVS carts have vents, sure. No idea why, but I'm thinking more of console carts than MVS. Vents could be open though, I'm thinking more of wear on labels and shells.

UV protective film wraps for game carts. They'd sell. Surprised they don't exist already. People pay money to have their games graded and sealed in plastic boxes and I can't fathom out why.

I'd buy MVS ones...
I could use very thin transparent covers that protect the labels, since my "kitchen" is in a corner of my living room. I don't cook often but if I did I'm sure my carts would be greasy as ****. Would also be a good solution for those who smoke.

These red slip cases would drive me insane. Might look good for a few carts but I wouldn't want them on all of my 80-something games.
Wanted: SNK Candy 18 spares. Mainly looking for a marquee holder & the "video games" sign.
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

Goose. You may think that way right now, but I'm positive that you'd want them for all your neogeo carts. Search your feelings, you know it's true. The red slips are infact the spirit of SNK's neo geo manifested. Red is the color, and the black band tells you instantly to look for "Neo Geo". Their surface repels water, they are made of double folded hard paper, there is nothing in the world better fitted for your carts. I believe that deep inside you already know.
supergoose
Please Continue...

Post by supergoose »

The japanese cabs weren't red. ;)
I really do need something much thinner or else my games wouldn't fit on my IKEA shelf anymore.
Wanted: SNK Candy 18 spares. Mainly looking for a marquee holder & the "video games" sign.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

supergoose wrote:The japanese cabs weren't red. ;)
Indeed.
Emulation's nice when done well
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

In deed you are right.

But that was in the beginning, before colors even existed. White is not a color, it is a void. Like empty canvas for colors to be born.
uncletom

Post by uncletom »

And now I'm selling my old shockboxes on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOCKBOX-set-fo ... 43d82f0111